Police set to buy more than 50% BA - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2002, 03:07   #1 (permalink)
No stars in my eyes

Thumbs up Police set to buy more than 50% BA

Hi all...
My old man's brother ...( Who is a copper ...of 35years) told me that they have been informed that there new cars are all Falcon Ba's.....No commodores. They usually have 3 or 4 of each + 3 paddy wagons........He told me Ba falcons far out performed commodore in handling, reliabilty and speed and high speed stability 180kph+ conditions. I just took his word for it and he might be shitting me but he seemed fair dinkum. Anyone else heard anything.
firefox7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2002, 03:14   #2 (permalink)
Boat Hunting ;)

that sounds great!! what state are you in?? hardley any cop cars in SA are falcons
AU2 S-pack Owner: Silhouette Black, XR6 Wheels, Tickford Sunroof, C2R rear bar, Checker Plate Floor Mats, Chrome Door Sills, Blue Backlite Dash, Blue Painted Brake Callipers, Advanced Extractors, Magnaflow High Flow Cat, 2.5" Stainless Steel Mandrel Bent Custom Exhaust, Genie Muffler. Sony Explode 50w x 4 deck, Kenwood 140w speakers (front and rear), Boss 1200 watt Amplifier, 12" Orion Sub in custom box. More To Come!!
younggun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2002, 04:22   #3 (permalink)
In a blue Galaxy

Has been mentioned on LS1 and in another thread. I voiced my scepticism in the other thread, but if your brother is adamant that there will only be Falcons purchased for the reasons stated above of performance/reliability/handling then I couldnt agree more.
O.F.R #12
1999 AU XR8
14.594 @ 94.40mph
152.2RWKW (APS dyno)
Switchable Shift Kit, K&N panel filter, Lukey straight thru mufflers, momo gear and steer,
DBA slotted rotors/Bendix ultimate pads (front), Pioneer MP3 head unit and BA XR carpet mats.

Member of the Society Against Stupid SMS Language
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2002, 04:22   #4 (permalink)
Movin!

all this talk may be the start of how far ahead the overall handling and power of the fords are over the commodores, with the police choosing them over SS's or SV8's. But the magazine comparo's are still to come so i guess time will tell
Old 09-24-2002, 06:05   #5 (permalink)
Veteran revhead

I wonder if there will be an XT police pack.

Kind of like the Holden 9C1 option for cop cars. If they dont they should.
Old 09-24-2002, 06:34   #6 (permalink)
No stars in my eyes

biggrin

If it has been mentioned in other threads then he was right and he should know what he is recieving because he is an area commander and knows all the incomming outgoing details of everything. He did not mention if they were xr6t or xr8's. He just told me that all eight new cars they were getting were all Falcon BA models. And he also said he hates the new police badging on the cars....said the cars look like a victorian police vehcile.....lol.............he is after all a N.S.W copper.
firefox7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2002, 15:36   #7 (permalink)
plonky

A call to Fleet Maintenance would solve the speculation. The GD's cars will usisally be replaced model for model. The Rodeo is due to be replaced by something that doesn't roll over around corners. As far as HWP cars they are always replaced brand for brand unless specifically requested i:e Falcon for Falcon and
Hold On for Hold On.
The HWP won't start ordering the Falcon until there is good feedback from people that already have them and once this happens the orders should come out thick and fast. There are too many memories of the AU !!

As far as that poxy reflective striping on all Police cars, it's a national standard and each State is now complying with it. It looks crap and is too reflective and noticeable. If these markings get any sillier there will be duckies and bunnies painted on the sides and the loudpeaker will sound out the tune 'Greensleeves".
Old 09-24-2002, 16:11   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by plonky

As far as that poxy reflective striping on all Police cars, it's a national standard and each State is now complying with it. It looks crap and is too reflective and noticeable
Ummm...isn't that the idea, to be seen?! Oh, I get it now, the cops will be seen too easily hiding in the bushes at the bottom of the hill with their $peed Cameras...(/jkg):MUha:

____o00o_=^..^=_o00o____
Falchoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2002, 16:13   #9 (permalink)
svoghia

hmmm. lucky holden made all those profits. When the VT was king. cuz there gonna need the funds to stay afloat.
Old 09-24-2002, 16:58   #10 (permalink)
Drunk Irishman

Quote:
Originally posted by svoghia
hmmm. lucky holden made all those profits. When the VT was king. cuz there gonna need the funds to stay afloat.
comments like tat are pointless because noth Ford Aus and Holden are going to be in Australia for the next 30 years. You see headlines about ford making a 5 million dollar loss. Big deal! they just spent 700 mill on the raptor project and 500 mill on the barra. Before tax ford has returned a profit each year (damn tax man). When a big car company in Australia looks like pulling out because of bad profits the government always props them up, look at mitsubishi.

Therefore Holden boys saying the BA better be a success or GP is out of a job is stupid, and ford boys saying that the barra is going to kill holden is just as stupid.
Irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub