Police think it's ok to LIE IN COURT!!! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2004, 21:25   #1 (permalink)
pR()rN_*

Police think it's ok to LIE IN COURT!!!

Sorry peeps just have to have good old vent.....

A good mate of mine recently had an altercation with a police man.
Goes as follows:
Mate accelerates out of a service station on to a straight road the turned right through a yellow light intersection.
Now a cop pulled out of a side street before the set of lights and turned on his lights before my mate went round the corner.
Now my mate thinks the cop is after someone else and just goes round the corner as normal.
The cop follows him round the corner and so my friend pulls over.
The cop then blasts him for speeding (which he wasn't doing) and once my friend refutes his claim stating that he was doing 60 and nothing more.
So the cop then says "well what about that red light then" my friend also says no it was yellow and the cop proceeds to write out a ticket for going through a red light and tells him to take it to court....

Obviously pissing off my friend and me a fair bit.

So my mate takes it to court and this is what the police man had as his version of events:

Saw a galant (his car) going past at 80km/h (manages to know this with no detection equipment)
pursued the galant and he turned right round through a red light narrowly missing a pedestrian.
After pulling the galant over the defendant claimed he was late for work and admitted to going 80kms (in a 60 zone) and going through a red light.

1) Ahhhhhhhhh!!! I just want to see this wanker locked away for 6 months and loose his job for contempt of court.

2) If he was speeding why wasn't he booked for it!!!

3) If you thought I didn't like cops before hand, I'm just bloody seething now.
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2004, 21:41   #2 (permalink)
now with EF power!

Re: Police think it's ok to LIE IN COURT!!!

Thats horrible. What a wanker of a cop.

Mods List:
Kenwood head deck, Rockford Fosgate Punch Sub and Punch Amp....and hubcaps!!

My Gallery!
Proud TQE Operator
danege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 21:54   #3 (permalink)

Too bad you didn't have a reciept of the purchase at the servo. If you had just pulled out maybe that would have helped to show doubt that you were going 80. The times wouldn't be perfect but every little bit of preparation helps.

Quote:
Elena: On the day of disaster, many people gathered on this roof to see the beautiful shining cloud above the Atomic Power Plant
dcflick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 23:47   #4 (permalink)
XA Coupe owner.

Cops can be a pack of lying bastards........just gotta act like your sorta scared or worried and end everything with "Yes officer". If the officer didnt catch you with a speed camera.......he has nothing against you in terms of speeding.

Was he a young copper or older?

Did you beat the charge or wat?

^^MY PRECIOUS!!^^
MoNoXiDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2004, 00:20   #5 (permalink)
pR()rN_*

It's actully not me that took it to court.
It's my best mate.
The hearing was today and thats when we found out what the cop actully recorded vs's what actully happened.

Mate will have to go back for a pre- trial but he's going to plead "no case" because the cop has no evidence to support his claims.
Old 01-22-2004, 02:53   #6 (permalink)
Lord of the RC

Thats just f'n BS..... damn coppers.. cant lie like that, if he has no hard evidence against ur mate.. cant really do much
O.F.R #6 : PM Me
Member of the Society Against Stupid SMS Language
Member #4 of the MTAS (Manual Transmission Appreciation Society)
fordel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2004, 03:08   #7 (permalink)
Drives like a Grandad

Yawn! Policeman puts his career on the line; willing to sacrifice hundreds of thousands of dollars in superannuation; possible term of imprisonment for perjury; no chance of gainfull employment after his dismissal from the Police Force to convict motorist for going through a red light. Yawn.

Not saying police don't lie, plenty of them have paid the ultimate penalty as listed above. Those cops normally lie about things that involve murder, trafficking in drugs, corruption involving them being paid big dollars - not for traffic offences.

In any case, your associate has a really easy defence to this one. Subpoena (summons) his employer to Court, along with all associated rosters, employment contracts and documents to prove that he wasn't even supposed to be at work on that day. Blows a big hole in the police officer's story doesn't it?

And did you ask the prosecutor if the conversation was taped? I couldn't determine if you have actually heard evidence or if you attended a 'mention' date to determine if you wished to plead guilty or not.

And did you go back to the service station and ask if they had a copy of the surveillance video of you and your associate at the bowser?

Keep us posted of your investigation and the results please.

Never hold a Dustbuster and a cat at the same time.
greg6099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2004, 03:34   #8 (permalink)
pR()rN_*

well I'm quite sure the police man is risking absolutly nothing.
There is no evidence for anything he said nor any evidence for anything that he booked my friend for.

Even if the conversation was taped it would be inadmissible due to neither providing permission to be taped.

Yes it was simply a mention or hearing that he attended today. He entered a plead of no case.
Ultimatly he doesn't have to investigate or prove anything because when the shit hits the fan the cop has no evidence for anything and it's his word against my friends.

It's up to the cop to actully prove my mate is lieing and with absolutly no evidence (mainly because he didn't actully do it) he'd be pushing it up a hill.
Old 01-22-2004, 03:42   #9 (permalink)
No longer around

damn some cops suck
MADNC_8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2004, 03:55   #10 (permalink)
pR()rN_*

my point exactly.
It does nothing except annoy me.
I know he can't get busted for it but bloody hell I wish he could.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub