Police Warnings - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2003, 02:24   #1 (permalink)
CRUISING

Police Warnings

Just wanna know if police warnings get recorded into the system???

I got pulled over because i went through a set of lights which were "a bit too orange" as the officer put it. Like the set of lights come after a hill so i had the pace so i just let it go through... The lights were orange when i passed them but went red as i got to the next set.

I'm on my green P's and trying to keep a good record... i was absolutely crapping myself as i waited for like 10mins (seemed like an eternity). When the officer returns with only my license i was sooo relieved! They let me go with a stern warning. "Don't speed and try to be more careful next time."

All in all... they were fair i guess. One close call.

ANyways i wanted to know if the warnings are recorded???

Does any body know??
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2003, 03:41   #2 (permalink)
gone

not that i am aware of!
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2003, 04:05   #3 (permalink)

I got a warning the other night.

He claimed that I was doing 90, in a 70 zone, but I know for a fact that I was doing 70. He pulled me over because my car looks like it's stolen. I've been pulled over for that reason many times. Anyway, he said "know how fast you where going?"
I said "70"
Cop: "Try again"
Me: "70?"
Cop: "more like 90"
Me: "no way, I know I was doing 70" (I know coz I saw him at the intersection before, and I knew he was turning my way so I was doing 70 the whole way)
Cop: "It's alright, I'm not going to book you"

Took my license, confirmed that the car belong to me, breathalized me, and sent me packing. He was cool about it though, so I wasn't angry or anything.
Pearly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2003, 04:33   #4 (permalink)
pR()rN_*

No they are not allowed to record warnings (in SA anyway. Probably email it to a judge in VIC)
Old 02-15-2003, 05:58   #5 (permalink)
Bourbon powered V8

In the ACT, if you get an official warning, it looks the same as a fine but has $0 and 0 points recorded against, and it does go into the system. Not too sure about NSW, but I assume that if you didn't get anything like this, then I doubt anything was recorded.

AU1 XR8 Auto 147.9 rwkw (approx 215 fwkw)

AU2 Wagon HAD Auto
17s, Pacemakers, 3" Intake & Pod filter (The Family Hack)

Member of:
FPV-XR Club ACT
AUFalcon.com
ATPS (honorary)
JC-XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2003, 17:50   #6 (permalink)

Same with Vic, if they give you an official Varning you will recieve a piece of paper just like a fine but as a Warning. If u get no paper then its not recorded.
PHoeNiX_EB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2003, 19:25   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Pearly
I got a warning the other night.

He pulled me over because my car looks like it's stolen. I've been pulled over for that reason many times.
Just wondering what a stolen car looks like? Do you use a screwdriver for an ignition key?Door locks broken? You drive around with a ski mask on? Maybe Pearly you should just take down the flashing neon sign in your back window that says "THIS CAR IS STOLEN".
Old 02-15-2003, 19:36   #8 (permalink)
At the 3FB Cheese Wheel

Quote:
Originally posted by PHoeNiX_EB
Same with Vic, if they give you an official Varning you will recieve a piece of paper just like a fine but as a Warning. If u get no paper then its not recorded.
As far as I'm aware NSW does this too.
Old 02-15-2003, 19:53   #9 (permalink)

Re: Police Warnings

Quote:
Originally posted by FamilyHak_SPak
They let me go with a stern warning. "Don't speed and try to be more careful next time."
You were lucky the cops did you a favour, now do one back. "Don't speed and try to be more careful next time."

Don't run red lights, you'll end up taking out some innocent person.
cs123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2003, 22:09   #10 (permalink)
CRUISING

Yeh i was lucky but i didn't run a red light (just a close to it)

Now i'm being extra careful! Orange lights are so tricky... it's very hard to judge when to brake or go through especially on busy roads. I've seen a semi jack-knifing down a three lane higway coz the car in front braked for the orange light... almost caused a pile up... coz i know that trucks need much more room to pull up, and if there behind u and ur drivin at 70ks lights turn orange and there's a semi behind ya plus other motorists... WHAT ARE U GONNA DO????

Yeh i'll take there advice and be "more careful". :)
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub