Post Whoring - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2001, 18:44   #1 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Rocklyn
Posts: 7,750
Post Whoring

For the new feature John has just installed to actually mean something this sort of stuff really shouldn't count.

Actually the posts form the first one should be removed IMO, so that the information actually means something and yes that effects me the most. At least the first war had a competition base. After the last one many people said they wouldn't do that again, myself being one of them and I fully intend not to do so unless it is in some sort of comp with GMforums and the count doesn't reflect true participation on this Board.

Just my two bobs worth
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-20-2001, 18:51   #2 (permalink)
T5 Expert Operator
 
XR_Strider_GuY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: 3Fb Skunk Works(JXR01 Dev)
Age: 34
Posts: 6,542
Well i pretty much joined the band wagon on the postings. If everyone disapproves mass postings i'll stop mass posting.

HSE2,
Thats why i asked FM if John's cool with it, i don't want to clock up unecessary cost. Pretty sure it will never be like the one we had previously against GM.
__________________
Motor May 2001 Quote: "Believe it or not, there are actually a bunch of weirdos out there who reckon a six cylinder is the dux gutz. Bugger it: I'm one of them" :s5

AUII Late Ed XR6 HP T5 Venom- Full Tickford Body Kit, 17in Wheels, Herrod Bi-plane Spoiler, Momo Steer/Gear, T-Series Interior Options, Premium Stereo and a very light-tuned 4.0L I6

(FPV-Tickford Club of NSW Member and Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, Ford Forums Food Bandits)
XR_Strider_GuY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2001, 18:53   #3 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Rocklyn
Posts: 7,750
Quote:
Originally posted by EF_Falcon_GuY
Well i pretty much joined the band wagon on the postings. If everyone disapproves mass postings i'll stop mass posting.

HSE2,
Thats why i asked FM if John's cool with it, i don't want to clock up unecessary cost. Pretty sure it will never be like the one we had previously against GM.
I reckon it is all good fun. This isn't a critisium at all.

I just have an idea in my head that would make both sides mean something
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2001, 18:56   #4 (permalink)
gone
 
laminge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Posts: 10,402
Quote:
Originally posted by HSE2


I reckon it is all good fun. This isn't a critisium at all.

I just have an idea in my head that would make both sides mean something
Well share it mate, i doubt it will ever go back to our last effort, but do you really beleive that posts should be deleted?????
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2001, 18:58   #5 (permalink)
T5 Expert Operator
 
XR_Strider_GuY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: 3Fb Skunk Works(JXR01 Dev)
Age: 34
Posts: 6,542
Quote:
Originally posted by HSE2


I reckon it is all good fun. This isn't a critisium at all.

I just have an idea in my head that would make both sides mean something
Ahh i c, i'll go with whatevers the go. Guess it's up to FM and DK and ultimately John to call the game.
__________________
Motor May 2001 Quote: "Believe it or not, there are actually a bunch of weirdos out there who reckon a six cylinder is the dux gutz. Bugger it: I'm one of them" :s5

AUII Late Ed XR6 HP T5 Venom- Full Tickford Body Kit, 17in Wheels, Herrod Bi-plane Spoiler, Momo Steer/Gear, T-Series Interior Options, Premium Stereo and a very light-tuned 4.0L I6

(FPV-Tickford Club of NSW Member and Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, Ford Forums Food Bandits)
XR_Strider_GuY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2001, 19:03   #6 (permalink)
Nacho Nacho Man!
 
Venom XR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Vic
Age: 41
Posts: 3,514
I think it's reasonable to suggest the rankings should be based on more productive posting, not how much time we spent on post wars with gmforums.
__________________
The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for a life. - Andrew Brown
Venom XR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2001, 19:04   #7 (permalink)
Bring Back the 24hr!!!
 
Donut King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Ford - No Victories!
Age: 32
Posts: 5,809
One thing a post war is good for is it makes the area it is in look much more active and maybe make lurkers start posting, this isn't really needed here, but how much more active does the site look with the massive number of posts in the general discussion area... it would rock if we could get other areas of the board as active as we are here but it will take some time, anything to makw the boards look healthy and active can only assist in attracting new members...
Donut King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2001, 19:12   #8 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Rocklyn
Posts: 7,750
Quote:
Originally posted by laminge


Well share it mate, i doubt it will ever go back to our last effort, but do you really beleive that posts should be deleted?????
I have On other thread.


In a nut shell

Once a year have a comp.
Post number won't be reflected on the total number of posts.
You post to win a title, similar to the Donating tag.
You hold that Title for 12 months.
Maybe held over the two forums so we get back the Ford V GM thing as well

Laminge like you I love what John has done with the info. When I saw it this morning I just felt that my post war count shouldn't be included. I will pm John about having my count removed when I get the chance.

Doing it this way lets new members see the real story and aspire to realistic expectations
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2001, 19:20   #9 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Rocklyn
Posts: 7,750
Quote:
Originally posted by DONUT KING
One thing a post war is good for is it makes the area it is in look much more active and maybe make lurkers start posting, this isn't really needed here, but how much more active does the site look with the massive number of posts in the general discussion area... it would rock if we could get other areas of the board as active as we are here but it will take some time, anything to makw the boards look healthy and active can only assist in attracting new members...
I hadn't thought about it form that point of view at all.
I guess that is a very good point, but not sure how impressed new people would be if they actually started to read the threads.

I have started to post more in the Euro section for that very reason.

I have an active interest in Euro cars so I thought it might be a good thing to do. As you said make the other areas more active and hopefully get new people that would like to post but haven't because nothing is happening in those sections. Real post will achieve that.
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2001, 19:57   #10 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Rocklyn
Posts: 7,750
Quote:
Originally posted by Venom XR
I think it's reasonable to suggest the rankings should be based on more productive posting, not how much time we spent on post wars with gmforums.
Me too. for the feature to work that is the way it has to be.
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Posts are disapearing Futura97 The Pub 44 04-03-2002 20:42
wanna be a post whore mike91gl Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum 5 11-27-2001 22:21
Can I post this here?? Rdiggidy Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum 3 07-23-2001 22:37

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:59.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.