Potential FF members HIJACKED!! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2002, 05:08   #1 (permalink)

Potential FF members HIJACKED!!

I recieved an unsolicited email tonight from EZYBOARD telling me that the newfalcon.com.au site was up.
The note also told me to go to http://fpfforum.tripod.com to discuss and comment on the new site.

This ezyboard email was obviously sent as a bulk email spam from ezyboard and even though its our opposition, I suppose it still gets people to the newfalcon site.

MODS, Any plans on doing a similiar bulk email to attract new FF members ?? Good for Ford and good for FF.
Any comments?
batbo6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2002, 05:10   #2 (permalink)
Bring Back the 24hr!!!

I think that was sent out by BARRA/Paul Stewart the people who run his forums, how they got my email address I do not know, but I also got it. Spamming people is not a good way to get people to join up on your boards however, as it annoys more people than it would possibly attract IMO.
Donut King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2002, 05:15   #3 (permalink)
goooone

SPAM is bad m'kay
Mr Jucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2002, 05:28   #4 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

What a great way to piss people off and make the Ford brand look tacky. Well Done..
:damon: :evl:
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2002, 05:34   #5 (permalink)
Bring Back the 24hr!!!

We as super mods/admins have the facility to send out emails to all members on FF, we reserve the usage of this feature to inform people of planned downtimes for the forums, as well as the occasional bulletin as an overall update to the running of the site.
Donut King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2002, 05:40   #6 (permalink)
Mr. Embargo

As a general rule you would be ASKED if you wanted to receive a bulk mail message.
Old 05-23-2002, 09:21   #7 (permalink)
***** Idiot....

On this site we send bulk mail, but you as the user have the option to not get it. We respect the rights of the members to not want to receive the emails....be they informational emails about planned downtime on the site or the notes from Geoff P.

I have not sent out a mass email in some time. I do not plan on it anytime soon. In fact I am planning on getting a new thing going on this site. I will be requesting that the members sign up for this at their own pace. I have been working on the release of a magazine for this site. First steps are in the works and the initial magazine will be web based. Hopefully to go to print within 6 months of web release.

Anyhow sorry for the sided note. I will probably send out one more mass email, but as i stated that is an option that the members have in their profiles to remove.
LunaticSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2002, 15:14   #8 (permalink)
gone

Quote:
Originally posted by DONUT KING
I think that was sent out by BARRA/Paul Stewart the people who run his forums, how they got my email address I do not know, but I also got it. Spamming people is not a good way to get people to join up on your boards however, as it annoys more people than it would possibly attract IMO.
Hey DK

Where would Barra source this information?

I am totally against spam and if he has utalised this forum to benfit his site then I have some harsh words for him also!

Not Happy Jan
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2002, 15:40   #9 (permalink)
***** Idiot....

the only way that he can have sourced emails from here is from the names and addresses placed in threads by the members. I highly am against people placing their personal email addresses in bodies of messages. Let alone can someone get the information that you do not want to but there are bots that go through and comb the forums daily as per my logs. These bots have the ability to copy the data and filter out everything but the email addresses.

In fact it is an easy thing to do.
LunaticSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2002, 16:00   #10 (permalink)

I haven't received any spam from Ezyboard even though I joined up and gave them my e-mail address. I'm not worried about it any way, I think you guys are getting a bit worked up over nothing. Just hit the delete button if you don't want to read it. Just my $0.02c worth.

____o00o_=^..^=_o00o____
Falchoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub