Potentially Nasty Herrods Rumour... - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2004, 17:09   #1 (permalink)
JR
Editor on P Plates

Thumbs down Potentially Nasty Herrods Rumour...

For everyone's information...

At the FPV-Tickford Club Sydney general meeting last night we had guest speakers John & Vicky Houlder from Intune Motorsport.

John races an XR8 in GT Production, and they are both – through apparently long term links with Ford – tied up with the dealer network and Stephen Crook (sp?) who’s currently heading Ford Motorsport…

Anyway, to cut a long story short, in question & answer discussion after the "official" talk, Vicky Houlder answered a question (which I unfortunately didn't hear) stating flat out that Herrods were filing for bankruptcy this week, which of course started tongues wagging etc…

Now considering that what these two seem to be doing and planning would put them into direct competition with Herrod’s I took this with a grain of salt, but speaking to Steve McLaughlin – Dealer Principal at Power Ford (where we hold our meetings) – he said he had first heard this particular rumour last week and that it was spreading.

I don’t have any clue as to the validity or not of such a rumour, and I certainly hope it’s not true, but I thought everyone should at least be warned that it’s a hot bit of gossip spreading like wildfire (I’ve had 3 e-mails this morning already asking about it), and considering what a bunch of catty gossip-mongers the NSW club are, it may be only a matter of time before someone tries to post it on here in an open forum…
Editor: Street Fords Magazine - Issue #1 on sale MARCH 2005
E-mail: jr@streetfords.com

Co Founder: 3FB Inc.
To see my old BA Falcon XR6, click HERE
JR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2004, 17:50   #2 (permalink)
gone

Re: Potentially Nasty Herrods Rumour...

Can you ring me ASAP 0418 258 259
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 17:56   #3 (permalink)
gone

Legal action is being started on Vicky Holder and defamation suite.

Apparently this is not the 1st time she has started this crap

Please also make note that Stephjen, being a contact of mine, is no way tied up with John and Vicky Holder.

Upto you on the way you want to handle this
Old 06-08-2004, 19:45   #4 (permalink)
JR
Editor on P Plates

FYI to everyone,

Since speaking to Minge I've spoken to NSW club secretary Steve Lamb and he told me he'd ring Herrods to make it clear as a club we in no way endorse what she said (obviously a case of engaging her marketing degree before she engaged her brain).

The feeling is if she's stupid enough to make inflammitory comments and not think they'll get back to the people they're intended to defame then she deserves all she gets...

Old 06-08-2004, 21:11   #5 (permalink)
gone

Just spoke to Herrod

He wrang and soke to her and was told that in no way did she mention herrods last night at the club meeting in what so ever form

Also spoke to Crookey, he doesnt know them from a bar of soap as the ONLY dealing they have had with ford are the Authority to use the Ford Logo.
Old 06-08-2004, 22:22   #6 (permalink)
JR
Editor on P Plates

Well, I can't say I'msurprised bythat response - I guess we're in a "he said, she said" situation at the moment - but I know what I heard and I know the reaction that it caused. I also know that at least 2 other club members (a club member who's a BA GT-P owner and another BA owner I don't personally know) were standing there talking to her (it was one of these people she was saying it to).

I suppose if you want to split hairs she could truthfully say she didn't mention herrods "at the club meeting" as the official meeting had been closed and it was while people were standing around informally chatting at the end (she was handing out business cards to interested people) that it was said, but I know what I heard and I don't care how much she denies it...

In the end I guess it depends on if Rob wants to pursue it further or just leave it at that...

Old 06-08-2004, 23:31   #7 (permalink)
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog

Rob doesn't need these distractions. No wonder he hasn't finished Laminge's friggin car!

'General' Dog - AP's German Shepherd and Best Mate - 02Dec1998-15Dec2003.
'Pepper' Dog - General's and My Little German Shepherd Sweetie - 1996?-02Apr2006.

'Sako' Dog - My Beautiful and Pretty German Shepherd - 2001?-23Aug2006.
Aussie Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub