Powercruise 1 Day Powerplay 6th May - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2006, 15:29   #1 (permalink)

Powercruise 1 Day Powerplay 6th May

How about a 1 day Powercruise.

Well its happening.

Saturday May 6th is the date set down for the first ever Powercruise 1 Day Powerplay at Queensland Raceway. Basically it’s a full Saturday program with all the awesome action that you usually see at Powercruise jam packed into one day of pure adrenalin.
Entries will be limited to the first 400 and entry forms with Garage and Carport details will be sent out to previous Powercruise entrants and will be available shortly on the website www.powercruise.net . This is to make sure everyone gets more than their fair share of track time. Spectator tickets will be sold at the gate.

Gates will open at 6am with registration and scrutineering kicking off early to be ready for the first cruise at 7am till 10am when Powerskids, Drifting and Street Racing take centre stage before another cruise session from 2.30pm to 6pm leading up to the Burnouts at 7pm. Off track action will include the Show n Shine, Dyno comp as well as the infamous Wet T Shirt comp to finish off the day. Full program details will be listed on the website shortly.

This is a strictly NO ALCOHOL and NO CAMPING event.

So don’t forget, get your entries in ASAP to be part of the first ever Carline Mufflers Powercruise 1 Day Powerplay May 6th at Queensland Raceway………
powercruise gu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2006, 04:05   #2 (permalink)

Re: Powercruise 1 Day Powerplay 6th May

3 WEEKS TILL POWERPLAY
Question I get a lot lately is “hows the entrants list going for Powerplay?”
Well I must say I am happy with the numbers so far. We have about 210 entrants at this point which means there are still nearly 200 positions left to fill. So tell your mates there is still plenty of room so don’t sit back and say you wont make it in. As normal everyone will send their entry forms in the last week so with that in mind I have no doubt we will have our 400 cars to cruise, race, drift and skid and drop burnouts till the sun goes down.. Might even have a few special built unregistered burnout only cars from what I hear. I wish I had the moke going then I would be out there for sure. Still 3 weeks to go Dan & Tub, what do ya recon? Its gunna be so much more relaxed with 400 cars.

DRAGS MAGAZINE SUPPORTS POWERPLAY
If you want to read about this - the world’s fastest and quickest Torana - get the latest issue of DRAGS & PRO STREET MAGAZINE, this Torrie is a small block and its UNBELIEVABLE! You also get a giant size wall poster of it.
DRAGS & PRO STREET MAGAZINE is a supporter of Powercruise events so check them out at www.drags.com.au
I’m also running a competition with drags magazine. What you need to do is buy yourself a copy of Drags Magazine, go to page 71 and the first 3 people to send me an e-mail to info@powercruise.net telling me who the advertiser at the bottom of page 71 is, will win themselves 2 passes each to Carline Mufflers Powerplay 6th May. How simple is that.
Winners will be announced on the next newsletter so get crackin…..

LADIES BURNOUT COMP
Its finally happened. I have caved to the masses of women that keep asking for a ladies burnout comp so I found a spare $100 note and a trophy and will put it on the winner of the ladies burnout comp at Powerplay 6th May. If we get 5 entries, I will then make it a part of the big game at Carline Mufflers Powercruise #7, 7 8 9 10 September 2006.

SUMMERNATS BURNOUT CHAMPION OF THE WORLD
Speaking of burnouts, if anyone was at the recent Rebels Dyno Day, you would have seen or more heard the screaming engine of Nathan Owens-Place(RED) to everyone else. His little 351 Yates Headed Nascar SVO Blocked Green XE on pump fuel 10:1 comp has seen 10200 RPM on the taco will be screamin its firkin lungs out in the burnout comp at Powerplay 6th May. The old girl makes just over 410Hp so if anyone thinks their gunna give him a run down the straight, you better have something up your sleeve. Reds car is sponsored by Trapnell Race Engines and Grahams Street Wheels & Tyres so support the guys that support our players. Red even tells me his boss might be driving in the ladies burnout comp as well so that will be 2 times we get to see the XE screamin. Cant wait…

Want to get more involved in Powercruise?
Want to get the most for your business from your Powercruise experience? We have a variety of sponsorships available to suit every budget starting from just $220 for Trophy Sponsorship. As a trophy sponsor your company name will be placed on four trophies and also given recognition of support during trophy presentations. Eg Show n Shine Top Interior, Trophy supplied by…….. In addition to this you are able to distribute flyers, brochures etc promoting your business via the entrants goodies bags which are handed out to every entrant of Powercruise #7.
You will also be provided with a complimentary season pass for Powercruise #7 to experience first hand the next level in automotive entertainment.

Option 5 : Trophy Sponsor
• Name on four trophies and recognition of your companies support of powercruise during the trophy presentations.
(eg Show n Shine Top Custom, Trophy supplied by ___ )
• 1 Complimentary Season camper pass
• Promotional material distributed in Entrants bags
Cost $200 (+GST)
(Option 5 deadline 5pm 18th August 2006)
For further information on other sponsorship options, please contact David Bowles on 0407172413 or drop us an E-mail at info@powercruise.net

Check out the program
Gates will open at 6am with registration and scrutineering kicking off early to be ready for the first cruise at 7am till 10am. 10am till 11.30am will see the straights of Queensland Raceway engulfed in smoke as we let the cars loose for the Powerskid competition. The guys who don’t know how to drive in a straight line will then take centre stage between 11.30am to 12.15pm when the drifters will strut their stuff. There will be two classes for the drifting at this event. A “pro” class for experienced drifters and a “novice” class which we hope will encourage everyone to get out and have a crack at it. From 12.30pm to 2.30pm we will straighten our act up a bit with the Street Racing competition kicking off followed by the final cruise session from 2.30pm till 6pm. The track activities will conclude with the Burnout competition from 7.30pm till 9.30pm which for the first time we will be allowing unregistered burnout cars to enter.

Spectator tickets are available at the gate with special rates for concession holders. There will also be a special rate for spectators after 5pm who wish to come for the night time festivities.
This will be a strictly NO CAMPING event and NO ALCOHOL will be permitted or sold at the venue.
Full details will be up on the website shortly and entry forms will be available from next week. For more info drop us an email at info@powercruise.net or give us a call on 0407172413.

So don’t forget, get your entries in ASAP to be part of the first ever Carline Mufflers Powercruise 1 Day Powerplay May 6th at Queensland Raceway.

Catch Ya Cruisin….

Gup
Old 05-03-2006, 08:10   #3 (permalink)

Re: Powercruise 1 Day Powerplay 6th May

Carline Mufflers Powercruise 1 Day Powerplay May 6th Queensland Raceway

THIS SATURDAY

Well its been confirmed, Craig (CRT) Thompson has finished his revitalized big block chev twin turbo monster HG sedan of old and has laid down the challenge. He wants to take out the Powerskid Comp no questions asked.
Craig is also bring a few friends. The MRMAD Silver Torana of Ivan Tessic will be arriving in Brisbane for some testing at the Willowbank test and tune Saturday night but before he drives up there, Thomo has filled him in on how he can cruise Qld Raceway and have some fun while he is at it.
So we have a few big hitters up for some street racing with Craig in his old HG with the freshened twin turbo big block, Ivan’s MRMAD twin turbo small block(I think) torana that has run 7.0’s, Kavey in his low 8second Camaro, I dunno if Chris Holley is coming yet but its sure to be a fukin hoot especially if my old girls can hold some traction for a while. I know Thomo only has 10.5 inch slicks which is al li got also. Either way I guarantee one thing. THERE WILL BE SMOKE.

Craig also told me he is calling up Redcliffe Dyno Steve to bring out his new yellow BA Ute as seen at the hot rod show on the weekend. Craig and Steve as well with Chris Holley were the first Qld’ers to make waves in the big time at the time all running in the 8’s with their respective street cars. It would be good to see them all again in their new form of streeters that’s for sure.

Of course I will be out there keeping them honest in the old green HQ that’s currently on the cover of the latest Street Machine Magazine. I’m sure she’s got the goods to keep up but as I haven’t done too many laps yet, thing will be a bit hairy so anyone daring to get in for a ride, better make sure their seat belts are done up good.

If anyone wants to go for a ride, just come and see me when I am in the car in pit lane and I’ll see what I can do. That’s right, I am offering rides all day if I have enough fuel for the job. At $22 per minute, its gunna cost a bundle but that’s why I am doing it, to give back to the people who support Powercruise events. Afterall, isn’t that what its all about.
I will also be asking the commentators to see about getting punters along pit wall into cars that have a spare seat so for entrants, if you wouldn’t mind taking someone who may never have the chance to cruise on the track in a tough car, please let the commentators know. (I guess I better remind the commentators now hadn’t i…)

As this will be the last newsletter before the weekend I will add in some more info.

Entries are available on the day at the gate.

Gates open 6am. First cruise 7am till 11am. The show and shine will be in full swing by now. Then into Powerskids, Street Racing and Drifting followed by another cruise session from 3pm till 6pm. Then there’s the burnout comp finishing with the famous Powercruise (keep the bottoms on girls) wet t shirt comp.

Spectators can drive their cars into the venue and park around the outside of the track to watch all the action and this does not cost extra.

There will be FREE RIDES FOR THE KIDS.
All sorts of games during the day such as the Holden V Ford TUG OF WAR.

Carline Mufflers Powercruise #7 entry forms will be released at Powerplay 6th May

We are releasing the Carline Mufflers Powercruise event entry forms at Powerplay so if your looking to get a garage or a carport, you will have to be at Powerplay to secure one as they will go fast. Also you will be able to pre enter for Powercruise #7 so to not miss out on a spot for the BIG GAME on the 7TH 8TH 9TH & 10TH OF September 2006.

Spectator tickets are available at the gate with special rates for concession holders. There will also be a special rate for spectators after 5pm who wish to come for the night time festivities.
This will be a strictly NO CAMPING event and NO ALCOHOL will be permitted or sold at the venue.
Full details will be up on the website shortly and entry forms will be available from next week. For more info drop us an email at info@powercruise.net or give us a call on 0407172413.

Catch Ya Cruisin….

Gup
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub