Powercruise massive car show at Qld Raceway - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2003, 05:12   #1 (permalink)

Powercruise massive car show at Qld Raceway

Hi everyone
Carline Mufflers Powercruise update number 7
www.powercruise.net

Things are getting busier the more the word gets around about the event.
Brisbane’s Tripple M , B105 and River 94.9 have been talking about Powercruise already and it’s still 4 weeks away.
Also been getting a lot of questions from entrants and spectators alike so I will try to answer a few of the main questions on this newsletter
The main questions are
Q. If your camping are we allowed to bring caravans/popup trailers.
A. yes but I suggest you get be there Friday afternoon as spots are limited.
Q. Are we allowed to run open pipes.
A. You can run open pipes only in the burnout comp on Sunday. All cars must have mufflers.
Q. Can we book a camping spot.
A. No. we are not taking bookings. First in best dressed. You can camp right along the fenceline.
Q. I have sent my entry form and don’t have my tickets.
A. Entrants have all received a letter stating they will receive their Receipt which will gain them entry into Powercruise about 2 weeks before the event.
Q. What about the Law.
A. The Police have told me that they will be on the lookout for people who choose to make a spectacle of themselves by doing burnouts, driving with bald tyres or without exhausts outside the venue. If you are driving the way you should be driving, you will not draw attention to yourself and you will have a top weekend.
These are just a few of the main questions but if you have any questions, please either call us on 0407172413 or send us an e-mail.

THE SATURDAY NIGHT entertainment has also created a fair bit of interest because of the mud wrestling and wet t shirt comp. Girls have been challenging each other on some of the websites around the coast and Brisbane so it should be a good thing. If any girls needed any encouragement to enter, there will be prize money for the winner of the round robin competition. Also I have decided to let the guys have a slash at it because the girls have been letting me know that they want to see skin as mush as we do so with that in mind, we will have to have a bloke’s comp also. To all the tough guys out there who have always wanted to bodyslam someone else, or maybe your girlfriend, here’s your chance.

CRUISING THE RACETRACK will be the busiest part of the weekend. So in the interest of safety, we have put up chicanes at certain spots around the track which are designed to keep the speed to a safe level. There will be plenty of room on the track for everyone to go through these chicanes single file at about 50km/h so don’t think it will be a carpark as we are only letting a certain amount of cars on the track at one time.
There have been a few site updates lately so check out the Classes and Prizes section of the site.
We have received a few ideas for the pissfunny awards and they will be given out during the last cruise on Sunday.
Well that’s it for now, check out Streetmachine Magazine’s next issue for the Powercruise add and keep the feedback coming.

Don’t forget to get down to Street Torque at Parklands on the Gold Coast on 18th and 19 of October. Check out all the action at www.racelinepromotions.com or click the link on the Powercruise website
Catch ya later
www.powercruise.net
powercruise gu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub