premium sound system - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2002, 00:20   #1 (permalink)
BA XR6 owner

premium sound system

has anyone heard the new premium sound system? is it better the the AUIII Premium sound?
bludger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2002, 00:48   #2 (permalink)

haven't heard it but you only have to look at the specs to imagine it IS better - Blaupunkt is good gear.
T3man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2002, 01:31   #3 (permalink)
Impatience is a virtue

I believe that the Premium Audio is a 150Watts with an option of a subwoofer... I don't think that it is better, considering that the AU series had 250Watts, as did the E-series (except it had DSP too). I would imagine that the ICC will cause a headache for after market sound files who wish to put in a 'bigger system'.

I would presume that the BA system will tuned better and will suit the car better than any previous attempts, but for pure performance, I don't think that 150Watt will stack up. Consider the VY Calais - it's got 250Watt, but also has ten speakers!

If anyone has listened to the systems and run a comparo - how did the BA sound?
Old 09-30-2002, 01:38   #4 (permalink)

Bigger numbers don't necessarily mean better sound - anyway the system is 150 PLUS another 150 for the sub as I understand.
T3man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2002, 02:06   #5 (permalink)
Formerly lowercase :-)

Well I have heard it and I would like to say that its pretty damn good for a factory jobby.

The car was the XR6T with the optional premium sound. The Bass went right through the seats. Plenty of treble as well.

Personally If I had the premium system I would never change it. Had enough zest to keep me entertained and I usually like quite a bit of doof doof bass. And it certainly had plenty of that.

So thumbs up to the premium system!

PS: Regardless of what the reviews have said about the output. Its not actually written anywhere what the output of the head unit is. They have only ever mentioned the Pep-packs amp at 150W. So dont be suprised if the total wattage of all the channels combined is still the 250W of the old system.
MintEAFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2002, 04:35   #6 (permalink)
Territory - 2004 COTY

I'd be pretty confident that the audio system in BA is not a Blaupunkt system, although VY has gone to a Blaupunkt system.

The audio on BA is not externally branded but I'd bet that like AU, the audio is produced by a Company called FMS - short for Ford Mazda Sanyo.

Just a guess.
Organza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2002, 23:30   #7 (permalink)
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog

Well, I have premium sound on my AU2 and have sat in BA and run the Premium sound. I give my vote to the AU system for sound quality, however ease of use and presentation goes to BA.

AP would definitely option Premium Sound.

'General' Dog - AP's German Shepherd and Best Mate - 02Dec1998-15Dec2003.
'Pepper' Dog - General's and My Little German Shepherd Sweetie - 1996?-02Apr2006.

'Sako' Dog - My Beautiful and Pretty German Shepherd - 2001?-23Aug2006.
Aussie Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2002, 23:35   #8 (permalink)
Currently in Brasil

and you have to ask what 150 watts refers to. 150 per chanel? 150 total? peak or RMS?
150 RMS per channel would be nice :)
ghentboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2002, 01:18   #9 (permalink)

Premium audio system with colour TFT display screen and 6 disc in-dash CD, Audio pep-pack - 150 watt amplifier and 150 watt sub-woofer
kadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2002, 02:45   #10 (permalink)

I don't get it still. It refers to a subwoofer and amplifier but does not refer to how many speakers have and the total power they have?
fpv gtp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub