premium sound system - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2001, 00:17   #1 (permalink)

premium sound system

Was wanting a few details on this sysytem.
Does it have a seperate amp to drive the subbie or is it built into the head unit?
How far does the subwoofer intrude below the parcel shelf?
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-14-2001, 02:22   #2 (permalink)
2004 BA XT Falcon Ute

HSE2,

Yep it has an amp that is located in the driver's side rear quarter panel behind the carpeted plastic cover. It's a 4 channel amp with the rear channels bridged to power the 8" sub. The front 2 channels power the rear speakers. The front speakers in the car are powered from the head unit. The sub doesn't stick down very far at all (a couple of inches). Hope this helps. If you need more info, just ask.
mangrovejack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2001, 02:50   #3 (permalink)
gone

IAN IAN IAN IAN

DONT DO IT!

Please spend your money on a decent system and if you have one in mind let me know and i will get some prices from my contacts

:o
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2001, 03:19   #4 (permalink)
EB Fairmont Owner

Do the AU's still use Pioneer for the normal sound systems?

And is the premium sound system Pioneer or Alpine?

Jase
TickfordEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2001, 03:24   #5 (permalink)
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog

Gees Laminge! The Premium system is very good indeed. Especially for the cost. You get the factory look, no cutting/shutting/wiring, and it rocks! If you were real picky the speakers could be straight upgraded aftermarket, but I think the Ford system is very nice. It's only $700 odd bucks isn't it?

'General' Dog - AP's German Shepherd and Best Mate - 02Dec1998-15Dec2003.
'Pepper' Dog - General's and My Little German Shepherd Sweetie - 1996?-02Apr2006.

'Sako' Dog - My Beautiful and Pretty German Shepherd - 2001?-23Aug2006.
Aussie Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2001, 03:32   #6 (permalink)

I can vouch for how good the Premium system is in my Ghia. Sounds great and it's factory.But possibly it's a lot of stuffing around to get it put in later whereas installers do aftermarket ones all the time. In saying that, I still liked the EF-EL premium system better with all the surround settings n stuff.
Rastus.
Rastus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2001, 05:10   #7 (permalink)
Nacho Nacho Man!

The premium sound setup is all Pioneer gear, I was very happy about that. :thumbup:

The sound is quite good, a lot better than a mass of aftermarket stuff I've heard. Note that Ford pay some attention to the acoustics when putting these stereos in, a lot of aftermarket stuff has a secondary view to that as power seems the primary aim.

Even with passengers the stereo stays in the driver-optimised settings in my car. :D

As mangrovejack said, the sub isn't all that obtrusive, and only intrudes an extra few centimetres over the middle rear passenger seatbelt anchor.

For sound quality, and even looks, this system is hard to beat. It's the kind of system that allows me to concentrate on other mods to the car - in this case, factory is more than enough.
Old 06-14-2001, 05:20   #8 (permalink)
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog

VENOM:
If you fit the T series sound insulation package to the rear parcel shelf area the system sounds better. I wouldn't believe it normally, but it was proven to me last weekend (especially in rear seat).

First thing I do when I get my car is crank up Nine Inch Nails Closer to God single mix. That tests any system to the max! Ford premium handles it way better than the Holden systems.

'General' Dog - AP's German Shepherd and Best Mate - 02Dec1998-15Dec2003.
'Pepper' Dog - General's and My Little German Shepherd Sweetie - 1996?-02Apr2006.

'Sako' Dog - My Beautiful and Pretty German Shepherd - 2001?-23Aug2006.
Aussie Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2001, 05:25   #9 (permalink)
BSR Field Agent

Hey Guys as a Car Audio nut like myself although the Ford Premium system is better than most. I have to say go upmarket and buy the best you can afford. You don't have to be as mad as me and spend over $4K on it but do yourself a favour and listen to a good after market system in a car and then decide...
Remember Ford buy their systems in bulk at a price...

Nipper....
Nipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2001, 06:52   #10 (permalink)
EL Fairmont Ghia Member

Car Stereo's, after Ford Cars, the thing I love the most;

Now, my advice, always buy speakers after market, unless you drive a Porsche or a Volvo. The speakers car makers put in their cars are a joke. They are cheap mass produced items costing as little as a few bucks each. The best way to improve sound is to replace these first.

Then you look at source units. One can buy a decent cd/tuner for around 350$ now. Couple this with an external amp, the amps in the source units are lucky to pump out 10watts rms a channel, and perhaps after that a sub.

The important thing with car stereos though is placement. I think Ford does a pretty good job in this regard. The system I had in my XR8 Pursuit had great image and sounded pretty good for a stock system. The system in my EL isnt bad either.

But both lack clarity, and the ability to crank. If you compare a well set up after market system it will blow and factory system away.

I am about to stick a cd/tuner, dsp, 3 amps, stacker, 2 15 inch subs, 8 other speakers in my EL.....

I could go into much more depth, but I wont bore you all to tears, but if any wish to chat about systems be my guest.................

Jas
VilkasMaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub