Price of fuel in NZ??? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2003, 06:29   #1 (permalink)
Faster than Zyrtec

Question Price of fuel in NZ???

Hi guys,

Im heading over to NZ in january for some RnR, and Im trying to decide on which car to hire. What I would like to know is: What is the current price of fuel in NZ (Both ULP and PULP), and is this price fairly stable or does it fluctuate, or appear to be increasing ?

Thanks guys

- Dave
dave_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2003, 18:25   #2 (permalink)

Thumbs up Re: Price of fuel in NZ???

At the moment gas prices ain't too bad it's about $1.02 for '91 and about $1.06 for '96. They look pretty stable at the moment to so I'd say they'll be staying about the same until next year at least.
westy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 19:27   #3 (permalink)
Faster than Zyrtec

Re: Price of fuel in NZ???

Thanks for your help.
Old 11-02-2003, 21:18   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Yeah fairly cheap at the moment, even in Auckland. And with the Kiwi dollar very strong against the American at the moment (.61c) the prices are expected to drop further according to the radio this morning. As for car to hire, Im hearing Hertz has a few XR6T's! hehehehe!
puts99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 21:58   #5 (permalink)
Cheerful Idiot

Hmmm... 1.109 here for 96 octane at BP. ****en expensive to fill the XF!
Ford Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 13:12   #6 (permalink)

Not that bad really though. Concidering what it was a few years back when it was up and down every day. Plus I've heard that the Gas Stations will be doing their usual cheap fuel days when it gets close to peak travel times like chirstmas and new years etc. again which will make driving a decent sized car cheapish to drive when you need it.
westy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 05:14   #7 (permalink)
Faster than Zyrtec

Another quick question guys - what is the speed limit tollerance % before police can book for speeding and are the speedcameras (and how many cameras are there?) signposted ?

- Cheers

Edit - okay, found out from LTSA that the cameras are signposted - but are they obvious or the size of an a4 page 20m past the camera ?

Last edited by dave_au; 11-05-2003 at 05:22.
Old 11-05-2003, 05:55   #8 (permalink)
Two SC 61's = trouble

You can take 13 cents off that price as its NZ currency..A big car isn't realy required except for room etc as there is always a hill and corner compared to Aussy...Radar I wouldn't go over 10 kmrs.. and the Hire co will deduct it from your credit card...
Passengers, myocardial infarction material..
R.I.P Possum...
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 15:18   #9 (permalink)
NZ
feed me hey

They arent signposted as such. Tjeres signs everywhere that say "Speed camera area" same as a normal road sign. BUT its everywhere a speed camera can sit and theres no sign saying no more speed camera! Theystick out like dogs balls. If you see a car in the distance with its tailgate open SLOW DOWN! They are always white camry wagons. At nigth they have to leave their park lights on so its easy to avoid them. Cops are pretty easy as well. Cop cars stick out as well althought there are unmarked cars (usually stock falcons with no hubcaps.)

Where abouts are you heading?
Old 11-05-2003, 17:22   #10 (permalink)
Faster than Zyrtec

Im going to be doing both Islands, mainly highway 2 and highway one, and of course a duck down thru arthurs pass, then highway 6.

Im usually pretty good finiding the mobile cameras - touchwood, So the fixed camera's are not signposted either ?

I shouldnt get too worried about it if your speed limit tollerance is 10%.

Im going to talk to Hertz about getting an XR6T, but if there is too much premium on it Ill probably get a mazda 6. I would try the mondeo, but I dont know too much about the drivability of that car/engine (2.0L only)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub