Pritey has a close call! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2002, 02:39   #1 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

eek Pritey has a close call!

Well this is now two weeks old but I thought I may share anyways.

On a Saturday afternoon about 2 weeks ago me and my older brother had to do a few things (buy 21st presse..) so we went out to do so. Then my brother remembered he had to get a book or something from MIT - so we went. On our way back on SH1 (The main motorway of Auckland) we almost died
On our way back, heading north towards the City in the fast lane doing about 110kp/h, we just passed the Tip Top factory (for those of you who live in Auck will know there is a loong straight after this), so anyway we were going straight just above the speed limit. Then we notice a Soarer doing at least 130, then the soarer swirves into our lane, just missing our car and slams on his brakes (we still donot know why). In a split second reaction my brother swrives to the left to avoid a major accident.
In doing so the rear wheels go into oversteer, smash the barrier on the side durring which concrete gets stuck inthe rear. Our car still had a tonne of momentum and now we were in understeer heading towards the median. We slam into the median barrier at over 100k, the car does a 270 degree spin and we grind to a hault in the fastlane on the southern motorway.
The driver of the Soarer speeds off without stoping.
Both my brother and I were in shock and we had major whiplash. The dibris was everywhere, and the car was leaking radiator fulid and all sorts from the front. Be hind us a chick in a Legacy who stoped and flicked her hazards on - her boyfriend who was driving behind her chased the Soarer and got the rego and all details. While we stumbled out of the wreak I fell to the ground in shock.
The legacy chick behind us called the ambos and police. Within a few minutes there were two fire engines, 3 copcars and 2 ambo's.
Both southern and northern motorways were at a holt - the nothern was blocked because of people who were starring at the wreck.
My brothers pride and joy, although nothing comparred to some of the things you guys drive was a total write off (it was a Eunos V6) - my brother who had been working since he was 15 had saved everything for this car. We were given the all clear by the paramedics and the cops then spoke to us. The fire engines then dowse the car - incase of explosion. On our way home (in a cop car ofcourse) the cop hears on the radio the driver of the soarer has been caught and is in police custody.
The reason why he did'nt stop? - It was'nt his car, and he only had a restricted driver's licence. He is now set to appear in court and he'll be charged with speeding, reckless driving, failure to stop assitaining injury and a few other things.
The cops said it was a miracle that we survived - and the funny thing is it was'nt scary at all - it was more like a car racing game only real. We are now waiting apon our insurance company to sort things out. We went back to the sene later and there were skid marks for over 100 meters and the huge blue scrape marks on the concrete media (like a smurf got shot dead), this was freaky.
But I guess the thing is we're okay. But I swear I seriously can't wait to meet the ****.

Sorry if the are spelling mistakes above (I'm too tired to check!)

(pics coming soon!)
puts99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2002, 03:00   #2 (permalink)
T5 Expert Operator

Pritesh,

Sounds like a nasty experience, i know how it feels about that after shock, happened to me in an accident with my friend driving almost head on at 70km/h.

Glad your okay mate.

AUII Late Ed XR6 HP T5 Venom- Full Tickford Body Kit, 17in Wheels, Herrod Bi-plane Spoiler, Momo Steer/Gear, T-Series Interior Options, Premium Stereo and a very light-tuned 4.0L I6

(FPV-Tickford Club of NSW Member and Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, Ford Forums Food Bandits)
XR_Strider_GuY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2002, 03:12   #3 (permalink)
EA Falcon owner

glad you and your bro are ok hope the guy in the soarer get's what he deserves.

DAG-Nabit.com
FordLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2002, 04:57   #4 (permalink)
FF.com Administrator

Shite pritesh that sounds dodgy. Glad that no one was hurt.
Old 07-10-2002, 05:26   #5 (permalink)
On The Edge Of Adhesion

Good to see everyones ok. It's never good to hear these things have happened to anybody, especially those of us on the forum. Hope your brother gets everything sorted with the insurance. I hope the prick in the Soarer gets a severe reaming by the police and by the courts.
V8RUMBLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2002, 05:52   #6 (permalink)
aurora

Holy Sh** man. That is one serious bingle.
It was great to hear that the boyfriend chased down the soarer and got the rego.

What kind of asshole would swerve at that speed and hit the brakes.
I don't care who you are, it's extremely difficult to swerve like your brother did to avoid this idiot and maintain control
Your brother should be congratulated. Excellent effort
That could of been tragic
Old 07-10-2002, 06:04   #7 (permalink)

No fun when that sort of thing happens - especially when you're doing everything right and minding your own buisness.

Sorry for the corny line but: Will we see you in the next episode of Motorway Patrol - watch it every Sat night

Cheers

Paul B
XR6WGN
Old 07-10-2002, 06:05   #8 (permalink)
Mmm, high pressure wash.

Words fail me. I'm glad you're both OK. Hopefully you'll get 5 mins alone with the jerk in the Soarer...
3Toed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2002, 10:23   #9 (permalink)
Australian Falcon Member

Far Out...

I guess it just goes to show that you can buy expensive cars.. but you cant buy a brain, lol!

Good to see you made it unscathed!
discokin6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2002, 13:54   #10 (permalink)
Australian Probe Member

Note to DK; Hire Better Hitmen!!
Glad to hear your both OK though! Too bad about the Eunos wasn't the KL-ZE V6 was it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub