Production Car series.. - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2003, 12:39   #1 (permalink)
Sideways..

Production Car series..

I was watching the Production Car series racing today on tellie, the one with the Porsche, Lamborghini, Ferrari...etc

Now im pretty sure it was it, but there were some Monaros racing with them.. and im pretty sure they were the 427 Monaros (I may be wrong).

But if they were the 427's.. why the F#@% are they still allowed to race in production car races when they said they arent going to produce the car any more

.. im pretty confident they werent normal Monaros cos they were giving the F360 GT a good run for their money!

PS. it was damn good to see Brock go off the track in the Monaro piece of turd and get stuck in the kitty litter :s6: :s6:

Xtreme 275.6 rwkw, 12.93 sec quater, Phoon CAI, Siemens Injectors, StealthFX BOV with XBOX entertainment.
XF Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2003, 18:41   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Re: Production Car series..

They were indeed the GRM 427's and undoubtedly the rules have been rewritten to allow the things to race in the series. I have little doubt they'll be at the 24 hour again this year too.

Cheers
Russ
russellw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2003, 19:07   #3 (permalink)
walking power

Isnt it because they are based on CV8 Monaro production car that they are allowed to race.
Old 08-30-2003, 19:12   #4 (permalink)
EA Falcon owner

that championship, is nations cup. a GT like catagory where you can have any car that fits the criteria of GT classes over seas. so you could have any car from GT250 and GT500 from japan. you could have a maclaren F1, a mosler, a GT40, anything as long as it fits the criteria.

DAG-Nabit.com
FordLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2003, 19:26   #5 (permalink)
CEO - The BSR Group

Re: Re: Production Car series..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordy
Isnt it because they are based on CV8 Monaro production car that they are allowed to race.
Of course... because it's as much CV8 Monaro, as I am a Navajo Eskimo.

I'm not going to start on the whole issue of it's existence in the series, but it's a f*cking joke. Just as bad is the fact that it is referred to as a f*cking CV8... and we all know how stupid and gullible Joe Public is...
Old 08-30-2003, 20:50   #6 (permalink)
BA Fairmont ZL Fairlane

maybe ford should bring out a coupe with something like a 500 big block in it to show up the monaro...put it in its place pretty quick!! i must say though the 427 has got a lot of balls....flies pasts porsches and ferarris with ease.
davway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2003, 04:38   #7 (permalink)
2nd car....XR6turbo

You would have balls too if u were a 7.0 litre!!!!!!!!!!! Its a bloody joke that they are there, and they should be scrapped.
Old 09-01-2003, 20:16   #8 (permalink)
A Gothic Romance...

Re: Re: Re: Production Car series..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sparkle
Of course... because it's as much CV8 Monaro, as I am a Navajo Eskimo.

I'm not going to start on the whole issue of it's existence in the series, but it's a f*cking joke. Just as bad is the fact that it is referred to as a f*cking CV8... and we all know how stupid and gullible Joe Public is...
LOL! Me and my mate (ignorant holden fan) had this argument. I was trying to tell him that the Monaro is in fact a 427, and he's saying its just a modded CV8... how the f**k can a modded CV8 keep up with nutcase ferraris and porches? The stupidity....
Old 09-01-2003, 20:17   #9 (permalink)
A Gothic Romance...

Bring back the 460!!!!
Old 09-01-2003, 20:37   #10 (permalink)

My holden mates think the same thing. It stinks becasuse it is such a good marketing tool and .... I am JEALOUS a falcon should be up there if a monaro is, but I think a more sensible thing would be to drop the monaro 427 from the competition due to its non-production status and the fact that now every (not every but you know what I mean) monaro driver thinks he has a fast car and can take on a true supercar. The monaro might??? be a sports car but it is definetly not a supercar.
xhute is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub