P's! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2003, 16:31   #1 (permalink)

frown P's!

Guys, i'm going for my test on Wednesday. I'm stoked that I will get my licence and i'm pretty confident. Any advice I should know? What to look out for ect?

THanks
-kall
Kall is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2003, 22:25   #2 (permalink)
falconS

which state do u live in?
Old 02-16-2003, 22:35   #3 (permalink)
Rollcage Crash Test Dummy

Dont let the Tester put you off, they allways go harder on the guys because they think we're gonna be more wreckless and cockey keep your shifts smooth, driving like u've got a rally liscence or somethin wont win u any browny points- u can also drive below the limit (not too much) if ur feelin nervous. Make sure ur shifts are smooth and slow otherwise knotchy and laggy shifts can make u lose total rythm and u can get maked down big time.
Old 02-16-2003, 22:43   #4 (permalink)
falconS

yeah, good pointers killa, also, the most important thing to remember is to stay calm, cool and confident. Remember, you've been doing this for the last 6 months, maybe longer, no big deal, if you are confident, it shows, both in your driving and in your attitude. it helps believe me.
Old 02-16-2003, 23:56   #5 (permalink)

I'm in Vic.

I think i'm over-confident. Is that a bad thing. I'm pretty sure i'll go okay in the prac test aslong as I don't get too nervous. I will stuff up if I do. The hazard perception is a bit of a worry. I don't know how i'll go.
Kall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2003, 02:05   #6 (permalink)

hazard perception can be done mlutiple times if u fail, its about $22 each go after ur initial try.
the test is easy, only ~15mins driving. just concentrate and use u'r mirrors A LOT! :)
1995 EF II Falcon GLi: Heritage Green, 4spd Auto, AUII 17" Rims, Custom BA Front Bar, Lowered, Gas Research LPG, Clear Indicators, JVC MP3 Headunit, Phoenix Gold 6.5" Splits, Coustic 481QE Amp, Clarion 12" sub, Leather Seats, Power Window Conversion, 3.45 LSD, Pacemaker Comp Extractors, 2.5" Exhaust, Mandrel Bent Intake, High Flow Filter, Wade 1004 110 cam.

In Progress: BA XR Side Skirts, BA XR Rear bar, BA Shifter Handle.

Want your EF on effalcon.com? Drop me a PM!
E-Series Club Stickers Here!

E-Series Moderator/Membership Officer/Webmaster/Cruise Official
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2003, 04:11   #7 (permalink)
In a blue Galaxy

Look in your mirrors. That's a very big thing. That's what they got me for, even though I still got my liscence first time.

Just take your time with the hazard perception test. Just remember though that you can actually be too late with your reply. Just try and judge it best I know it's hard but you should be right.
O.F.R #12
1999 AU XR8
14.594 @ 94.40mph
152.2RWKW (APS dyno)
Switchable Shift Kit, K&N panel filter, Lukey straight thru mufflers, momo gear and steer,
DBA slotted rotors/Bendix ultimate pads (front), Pioneer MP3 head unit and BA XR carpet mats.

Member of the Society Against Stupid SMS Language
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2003, 17:15   #8 (permalink)
Ford Member

DON'T ROLL OVER STOP SIGNS!!

...instant fail!

When i was about to exit the gates of the RTA at the beginning of my test, the guy in front of me doing his test rolled over the stop sign. The poor bloke had to do the whole test and realise that he had failed no more than 30 seconds into it :(

Also, it may be obvious but its very important: don't break the speed limit!
He|mut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2003, 18:28   #9 (permalink)
E Series Chick Supremo

Back in the days when I got my licence .....I know a long long time ago..........hahahahhaa........my instructor suggested an open bag of minties on the dash........If the examiner took one all was well & if they didnt just keep on thinking to yourself you know they want one...... only think it for a second & as the other guys have said keep checking your mirrors & speedo.

BTW......what is a hazard perception test ??????????

Check out the OzECruisers Inc. website HERE

FF Lynch Mob BITCH
O.F.R #65
Mother Nature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2003, 20:49   #10 (permalink)

I went for my P's last wednesday, and I found that the main thing was that the examiner was very distracting ie. talking and joking with my instructor but he was also very aware of what was going on. So if you get a friendly, talkative one don't think he's going to be easy on you.

Also as He|mut said don't break the limit, I sat 5ks under the whole way and was fine.

Don't over shoot turns, I gave myself a bit of room when turning right because a truck was waiting to turn right (he was stopped on my right at a give way) and i lost a point.

On the hazard perception test the only one i think i got wrong was when you are continuing straight ahead past a stopping tram and a person steps out. I didn't give it enough room (click early enough).
Funny that, I passsed that test with over 90% but I would have killed that person.

Are you going with an instructor or on your own?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub