PS2 - which zone DVD's can it play - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2002, 06:33   #1 (permalink)
Australian Falcon Member

Question PS2 - which zone DVD's can it play

Does anyone know whether a PS2 bought from Toyworld very soon after they came out will play zone 1 DVD's?

I mention it being one of the early Aus released units because I thought I read somewhere that "early" ones could play all zones?
EDFUTURA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2002, 07:21   #2 (permalink)
RACE

Very good question. I almost bought a DVD movie from the US last year bt was told that our DVD players were in a different zone so could not play the movie.
Old 02-01-2002, 07:34   #3 (permalink)
I want a turtle!

The DVD player in the PS2 isnt very good quality. It actually gave me a head ache to watch it.

You can buy multizone DVD players from most hifi stores. The one I am getting is a yamaha.. its like $400. It comes multisone from the factory (it isnt a moded one)
Old 02-01-2002, 07:57   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by XR8chic
The DVD player in the PS2 isnt very good quality. It actually gave me a head ache to watch it.

You can buy multizone DVD players from most hifi stores. The one I am getting is a yamaha.. its like $400. It comes multisone from the factory (it isnt a moded one)
Are you sure this is coming from the factory. 12 months ago Yamaha wouldn't do this, so I had to buy toshiba. If they are I will change back to Yamaha. You have a model number?
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2002, 08:04   #5 (permalink)
Future BA XR6T Pilot

I got my PS2 the day after they were released, they are definetly only region 4 and only play region 4 or region 0 discs. nothing else. To do this you need what is called a DVD region X, which is sold at Harvey Norman, well we have them at the HN in Geelong.

Stephen
Old 02-01-2002, 08:07   #6 (permalink)
RACE

Quote:
Originally posted by XR8chic

Would any hifi store sell them?
Old 02-01-2002, 08:12   #7 (permalink)
Future BA XR6T Pilot

o any decent HIFI store would not sell them, but the PS2 is not supposed to be a top end DVD player. If you want a decent DVD player, can't go past the Toshiba, excellent picture and sound. But if you also want to play games, like Gran Turismo 3 with the FTR XR8, can't go past hte PS2 with the remote and the updated drivers.

Stephen
Old 02-01-2002, 09:36   #8 (permalink)
goooone

I love driving Setos Falc on the dirt stages its hillarious
Mr Jucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2002, 16:01   #9 (permalink)

Yeah, its a pity the game was written by the Japanese !!!!!

I find it hard to beleive that a Falcon costs 1.5million in the game, the second most expensive of the cars.

Also I find it hard to believe that the XR8 can only be maxed out to about 880 Hp. (Less than most of the Nissan road cars).

Finally If you want fun, try driving the Pikes peak Suzuki, maxed out with big turbos, intercoolers, etc, on the dirt tracks.
1800 HP, 4WD. @800Kg The thing is still spinning all wheels at 300KMPH !!!

Fun game.

Oh yeah, back on the subject, you can buy mod chips for about $20 US dollars, but require soldering yourself, etc. I think they were selling these at Paddy's markets in Flemington Sydney last time I was there ?
Xyphoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2002, 16:46   #10 (permalink)
Kodak Moment

If you want to play DVDs from the US or other regions, buy a multi regional DVD player. We got a Phillips player and the dealer used some kind of remote to program the player to play all regions. All my DVDs are from the US and they work fine.
marine1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub

« condoms | Spy Game. »