Public Service Terrorism.. - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2001, 19:07   #1 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

Public Service Terrorism..

Jokes gone.. you missed it..

:rolleyes:
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2001, 20:42   #2 (permalink)
In a blue Galaxy

Now whats the differecne between that and the joke about the aborigines bin smokin bin drinking bin workin ect that got banned and this one?
O.F.R #12
1999 AU XR8
14.594 @ 94.40mph
152.2RWKW (APS dyno)
Switchable Shift Kit, K&N panel filter, Lukey straight thru mufflers, momo gear and steer,
DBA slotted rotors/Bendix ultimate pads (front), Pioneer MP3 head unit and BA XR carpet mats.

Member of the Society Against Stupid SMS Language
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2001, 20:47   #3 (permalink)
Bring Back the 24hr!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Cobra
Now whats the differecne between that and the joke about the aborigines bin smokin bin drinking bin workin ect that got banned and this one?
This one doesn't mention any particular race for the characters...
Donut King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2001, 20:47   #4 (permalink)

No difference, it's just not politically correct to tell the truth about (some)Aborigines, even if it was meant in fun. :(
I suggest all Public Servants should band together (after Lunch of course) and send flaming e-mails to Ford Man, telling him of their outrage.

____o00o_=^..^=_o00o____
Falchoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2001, 21:09   #5 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

Jokes been removed. I give up..
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
Old 10-23-2001, 21:23   #6 (permalink)

Thumbs down

Oh dear Try substituting Tasmanians into the text
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2001, 21:39   #7 (permalink)
In a blue Galaxy

Wasnt necessary to take the joke off. I was only questioning the difference between mine which i posted and that one, in which i did get an answer. In todays society foul language has become socially acceptable (to some) but political correctness has just gone to far.
O.F.R #12
1999 AU XR8
14.594 @ 94.40mph
152.2RWKW (APS dyno)
Switchable Shift Kit, K&N panel filter, Lukey straight thru mufflers, momo gear and steer,
DBA slotted rotors/Bendix ultimate pads (front), Pioneer MP3 head unit and BA XR carpet mats.

Member of the Society Against Stupid SMS Language
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2001, 21:50   #8 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

Quote:
Originally posted by Cobra
but political correctness has just gone to far.
I couldn't agree more mate.. but we're not here to offend people either.. just gotta walk the tightrope I guess.. :D
Old 10-23-2001, 22:29   #9 (permalink)
Australian Ford Member

Does this true story create political correctness problems?

A witness was being questioned in court and was asked what happened next.

Witness: I went to the doctor.

Lawyer: Which doctor?

Witness: No, a real doctor.

The witness was a not very bright white Anglo-Celtic English speaker. Why is this acceptable (well, I assume it is) but probably wouldn't be if I'd presented it as a joke and made the witness a black African or Aborigine?
EA S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2001, 16:21   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by EA S
Does this true story create political correctness problems?
NO

Quote:
Originally posted by EA S
Why is this acceptable (well, I assume it is) but probably wouldn't be if I'd presented it as a joke and made the witness a black African or Aborigine?
Because if it was a joke you would be poking fun or degrading and ridiculing that particular group of people, not just stating a fact. It could be seen as a slur on all people that are from that particular background.
There is a fine line to tread as Ford Man says. Political correctness has gone way overboard, to the point in a lot of cases where there is reverse discrimination (even though most people fail to see this).
The reverse discrimination thing happens a lot when Government departments are hiring staff. They are virtually too frightened to hire a "normal" white anglo saxon male for fear someone else from a more diverse background will sue their pants off for racial or other discrimination.
It does seem the Aussie way though to have a dig at other races/groups/cultures. It is mostly meant in a fun humourus way but if you are on the receiving end it can perhaps wear a little thin after a while.
Some examples seen here at FF are of course the constant flack we all put on Holden drivers and people who drive 4cylinder cars (commonly known as rice). Just for good measure there is also the occasional dig at some of the New Zealanders that participate in discussion on this board and sometimes there are some jokes about Tasmanians as well.
Don't get me wrong, I'm no model for political correctness, I laughed long and hard over the original Aboriginal Bin Workin joke, the Public Service version was a very poor copy. Consistency is the key here I think. If the Aboriginal version was censored because it was thought to be in poor taste changing the words around to take the piss out of another group of people is bound to offend someone as well.
anyway, i'll step down off my soapbox now and go and do some work!:eek:

____o00o_=^..^=_o00o____
Falchoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub