Push Bikes??????? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2002, 22:03   #1 (permalink)
T5 Expert Operator

Push Bikes???????

Ok just for discussion, what push bike does everyone have working or not working?

Me, well i have a mountain Bike, Blue Avante Ridge Rider 21 speed.
Record speed of 76.4km/h. :s6: :s6:

AUII Late Ed XR6 HP T5 Venom- Full Tickford Body Kit, 17in Wheels, Herrod Bi-plane Spoiler, Momo Steer/Gear, T-Series Interior Options, Premium Stereo and a very light-tuned 4.0L I6

(FPV-Tickford Club of NSW Member and Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, Ford Forums Food Bandits)
XR_Strider_GuY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2002, 22:08   #2 (permalink)

I have a Honda VT250F2D
It used to be a motorbike, but after a few months neglect, it is now classified as a push bike. (I.E. its a bike, and to go anywhere, I have to push it !)

Top speed, depends on how fit I am, or if 2 or more people are pushing it...:crazy1:
Xyphoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2002, 22:17   #3 (permalink)
Mmm, high pressure wash.

I had a pushbike when I was at school. Just some old racer that a friend gave to me. However, nowadays the following formula apples:

3Toed != physical exertion

3Toed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2002, 22:51   #4 (permalink)

I also have an Avanti MTB, a Comp Hurricane, yellow and black, 24spd. Top speed so far 61km/h. It is fitted with the Dunlop "control tyre" slicks as most of my riding is on sealed roads.
Also have an Apollo Summit MTB 21spd that I don't ride very much these days since I got the Avanti.

____o00o_=^..^=_o00o____
Falchoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2002, 23:03   #5 (permalink)
Australian Ford Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Falchoon
Top speed so far 61km/h. .
Too fast for Melbourne, mate.

I've got a hybrid thing with no idea of the brand that was bought about 18 futile fitness programs ago, which would make it about 6 years old.

It's still handy for getting down the bottle shop when I've had too much grog to drive (according to the .05 publicity,which is three cans in the first hour, or maybe less depending upon your personal make up). Bloody funny how I can get down there and back (apart from threatened coronary) quite satisfactorily without falling off the bike or interfering with traffic, but apparently couldn't manage it in a car.

Do you blokes get all dressed up like a Tour de France champion with the water tube in the mouth and shaved, oiled legs just to ride down to get the milk? I just wear whatever I've got on, which is just as likely old Blundstones and torn Stubbies and a paintstained T shirt. Is this bad form?
EA S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2002, 16:24   #6 (permalink)
Australian TE50 AU1 Member

My bike is a bit of a hybrid, a friend of mine brought most of it from China, so I got it at a very good price. I haven't clocked a top speed on it but a number of years back when I took cyclilng seriously, a friend and I were flyinig down a long steep hill when a ute pasted us (can't remember what make it was), a bloke popped his head out and said we were just touching a 100kph. At that point I started thinking about hitting rabbits or kangaroos at that speed, so I slowed down a bit.
As for what gear to wear, whatever you're comfortable in, I've had blokes in daggy shorts, thongs and tee shirt, riding a K-mart special fly past me and leave me for dead, mongrel!!.
TeeHee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2002, 16:59   #7 (permalink)
I want a turtle!

I had a bike when I was about 10. I had to beg my parents for it - cos they had no idea I knew how to ride a bike.

about 4 days after I got it, my younger sis (who had never riden a bike before) decided she wanted to learn on my brand new bike, and smashed it into the side of the house.

When I was 18 I got a corolla coupe - which was slower than a bike.....
Old 04-10-2002, 17:22   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by EA S

Too fast for Melbourne, mate.
Yeh I know the $peed camera$ will get me for 1km/h over.

Quote:
It's still handy for getting down the bottle shop when I've had too much grog to drive (according to the .05 publicity,which is three cans in the first hour, or maybe less depending upon your personal make up). Bloody funny how I can get down there and back (apart from threatened coronary) quite satisfactorily without falling off the bike or interfering with traffic, but apparently couldn't manage it in a car.
You can still go DUI on a pushy but fairly unlikely I guess.

Quote:

Do you blokes get all dressed up like a Tour de France champion with the water tube in the mouth and shaved, oiled legs just to ride down to get the milk? I just wear whatever I've got on, which is just as likely old Blundstones and torn Stubbies and a paintstained T shirt. Is this bad form?
It depends on how good looking the chick at the bottle shop is. If she's a sort then you need to have the lycra pants (2 sizes too small) and if it's a coolish day (as it mostly is in Mexico) stuff a couple of pairs of socks down the front just for good measure for that Matt Shirvington look. You need to get a jersey, a really colourful one with lots of brand names (best if they're bicycle component names but anything will probably do as the chick at the BS probably won't know the difference) and namke drop how you and your best mate "Stewie" (Stuart O'Grady famous Oz cyclist ) have just returned from a quiet training ride up Mt Buffalo (or similar impressive sounding mountain) and that your sports physio (as opposed to physco) told you to drink at least a six pack of VB every day as it helps to get rid of the latic acid and provides essential vitamins and minerals needed for such an elite sportsperson like yourself. I don't think you really need to shave and oil your legs (unless you like that sort of thing?!) as the BS chick hopefully will be too busy checking out your "bowl of fruit" (don't want her to get the wrong idea and think you bat for the other side...).

____o00o_=^..^=_o00o____
Old 04-10-2002, 21:01   #9 (permalink)
T5 Expert Operator

Quote:
Originally posted by Falchoon
I also have an Avanti MTB, a Comp Hurricane, yellow and black, 24spd. Top speed so far 61km/h. It is fitted with the Dunlop "control tyre" slicks as most of my riding is on sealed roads.
Also have an Apollo Summit MTB 21spd that I don't ride very much these days since I got the Avanti.
Go the Avanti. I done my speed record on a highway downhill stretch pedaling like buggery in a 60km/h zone.

AUII Late Ed XR6 HP T5 Venom- Full Tickford Body Kit, 17in Wheels, Herrod Bi-plane Spoiler, Momo Steer/Gear, T-Series Interior Options, Premium Stereo and a very light-tuned 4.0L I6

(FPV-Tickford Club of NSW Member and Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, Ford Forums Food Bandits)
XR_Strider_GuY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2002, 21:13   #10 (permalink)

Bloody mad mate, 61km/h was fast enough for me! Watch out for them $peed camera$...

____o00o_=^..^=_o00o____
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub