QLD Licence Plates - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2002, 15:14   #1 (permalink)
Phat Drift Damage Victim

QLD Licence Plates

I had to get the plates changed on my car cos the rear one wasnt readable from 100m, the pigga was in a good mood cos he said he woulda had to of fined me but gave me a warning instead. Anyway, rang up the transport department today and they said $17.somethin for replacement plates, just go in and take the old plates in and get new ones straight away and $60 something to keep the same number but wait 2 weeks. I got new plates for $17.somethin, I had so many choices on what plate to get, either the green or maroon lettered "sunshine state" plates or either green or maroon lettered "smart state" plates. I got the maroon "sunshine state" plates and put them on the car and said ****, it totally made the car look neater cos of the matching coloured lettering.

But what's the deal with these "smart state" plates, it makes us Queenslanders sound like we're up ourselves or somethin

Ed
Stock as a Rock for the moment

TQE's
XplodEd EA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2002, 15:31   #2 (permalink)
Brent79

Im up myself, aint you?

Brent
Old 05-09-2002, 06:21   #3 (permalink)
Golgotha13

Beattie is a arrogant pig

Like most pollies it is because Beattie has become a out of touch arrogant pig trying to leave his mark before we vote him out , anyone in there right mind aggrees with you , those plates SUX big time and just promote Qld as the Arrogant state.There is was nothing wrong with the old plates and most Qlds agree so Beattie had to waste our money coming up with this Stupid idea.
Old 05-09-2002, 07:14   #4 (permalink)
AcidBurns

Re: Beattie is a arrogant pig

Im not sure what Vic is at the moment, but we used to be 'The Garden State', then 'On The Move...' and now we are something different... always blue text on white background, unless you get personalised plates.
Old 05-09-2002, 09:59   #5 (permalink)

The current Vic plates suck

At the moment Victoria is 'The Place To Be'... Which in my mind is the worst slogan or whatever you want to call it ever. It is a disgrace that we have that on our plates, what the hell were you thinking Bracksy??? Who came up with that? A 10 year old kid or something? I am thankful that I have the 'Victoria - On The Move' plates, because frankly I would be embarrassed to have 'The Place To Be' on my number plate.

The blue text on white background looks good, but is spoilt by that damn slogan. There is no way I will ever have 'The Place To Be' on my plates, I will get slimline the next time I ever have to get any.

Ash
Kenaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2002, 11:51   #6 (permalink)
The Goodz

Re: The current Vic plates suck

I thought Garden State was alright, it actually says something about what the state has, and the same with sunshine state, that's pretty good too. On the move was shit, the place to be is shit. I've got the old green on white garden state plates. I want personalised plates damnit, how good would it look with 'GOODZ' white on black... Too bloody expensive though, like $300 odd

Alex
Old 05-09-2002, 14:21   #7 (permalink)
AcidBurns

See, I didn't like Garden state, though I do like On The Move, because with Kennet in, we really were on the Move! Australian Grand Prix for example.
Old 05-10-2002, 08:41   #8 (permalink)

I'm with you on that one Acid :)

Ash
Kenaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2002, 09:07   #9 (permalink)
AcidBurns

Frickin Bracks jsut sits in his office twiddling his thumbs! :p
Old 05-10-2002, 14:01   #10 (permalink)
Golgotha13

Where is the Qlders

There doesnt seem to be to many Qlders out here with any views of the Smart state plate , come on guys add you thoughts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub