For Queen and Country : Help beat the yanks - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2002, 19:40   #1 (permalink)
Jaguar X-Type

Lightbulb For Queen and Country : Help beat the yanks

Well something like that anyway. In the spirit of Seti@Home, a battle is raging with the Folding@Home project (http://folding.stanford.edu/faq.html). However theres a difference, the yanks are loosing, for now. Overclockers Australia (www.overclockers.com.au) are currently No.1 but the lads at HardOCP are catching up fast. Maybe some FordForums members would respond to a call of assistance against the evil american hoards? So grab a beer, donate your spare CPU cycles and join Team #24. You can see the team stats and the predicted take over by the Borg (HardOCP) here http://www.statsman.org/folding2stats/24.html

You could all join #24 using the name username "fordforums" and all the results will go under one name. I'm going to post this in LS1 forum as well.
SnaggS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2002, 19:44   #2 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

OK.. Stuff the Queen for a start.. and what's with the hippie crap???
Kids these days.. I dunno...
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2002, 20:03   #3 (permalink)
Jaguar X-Type

Do you know what Distributed computing is ? Its where the spare CPU cycles from your computer are donated to scientific and medical research.

To make it fun, they provide rankings on who does the most work. Currently Overclockers.com.au are No.1, people's works and schools are all joining in.. I'm not sure what you mean by the hippie crap ?
SnaggS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2002, 20:06   #4 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

Quote:
Originally posted by SnaggS
..I'm not sure what you mean by the hippie crap ?
Just a bit of mIRC humour mate.DK's been filling me in on all his hippie adventures so I sorta get whay you mean..
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2002, 21:41   #5 (permalink)
T5 Expert Operator

Quote:
Originally posted by Ford Man

Just a bit of mIRC humour mate.DK's been filling me in on all his hippie adventures so I sorta get whay you mean..
Oiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii, who are you callin Hippie????? :crazy1: :crazy1:
I suppose all that water cooling of puters is pretty hippyish.

AUII Late Ed XR6 HP T5 Venom- Full Tickford Body Kit, 17in Wheels, Herrod Bi-plane Spoiler, Momo Steer/Gear, T-Series Interior Options, Premium Stereo and a very light-tuned 4.0L I6

(FPV-Tickford Club of NSW Member and Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, Ford Forums Food Bandits)
XR_Strider_GuY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2002, 22:01   #6 (permalink)
Bring Back the 24hr!!!

I have been running folding @ home for a while now, only issue I have with it is I have completed a work unit or 2 more than the stats page says I have. Doesn't really matter.
Donut King is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub