Queensland Motorcycle Learners?? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2003, 03:35   #1 (permalink)
Dodgy EA

Queensland Motorcycle Learners??

Can anyone give me a full run down on the conditions of riding my motorbike on my learners permit in Queensland?

The Queensland Transport site only tells me that I must ride 'under the direction' of a person who has held an open license for my class of bike for a year and if they are a pillion passenger with me they must have held it for 3 years.

So this obviousley tells me that they don't have to be a pillion passenger. So what does the person I am 'under the instruction of' have to do? Can they instruct me to just go for a ride or do they have to follow me in a car or on a bike or what? The whole thing is so unclear.

Any advice on this issue, as well as what is entailed in getting your P's for a moto in QLD would be much appreciated.

Thanks and Merry Xmas

Mick
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2003, 22:10   #2 (permalink)
spaced out

Re: Queensland Motorcycle Learners??

If its like the NSW which it appears to be, if you have a pillion passanger, they must have had a open "motorbike licence" other wise you are free to rid around by your self

Tripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2003, 22:16   #3 (permalink)

well i have my L's for a motorbike licence and have had my L's for em for 9 months,it works like this,you must have someone with you like you said either (1)on a bike with you(as you said they must of held theirs for X amount of time) or on a bike or car with you other words following you(same again,must of held em for X amount of time)
as you'd know your limited to a 250 unless you have held your car licence for more then 3 yrs and then you can go to Q ride and update(do a course)and get a open class licence to ride any bike,which it costs from 100 bucks upwards exact price i cant remember but it involves quick tricks around at q ride then a few hours on open road.
as for your P's go down after 6-12 months after holding your L's and ask em,i never got that far.

yes you must have someone with you at all times whilst riding,whether following you by bike or car,or on the bike with you.
cars are a lethal weapon,your not invinsible when you get into one,and no matter how much skill you think you have,you are never in control you are always on the edge of death it may not happen today but if you keep driving like you do,you too will end up dead!
hoon69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2003, 02:21   #4 (permalink)
Dodgy EA

Thanks Hoon69, thats what I wanted to know (whether I had to have someone following me)

If anyone who has done the test could give me an idea of what it's like it would be much appreciated.

Cheers
Mick
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub