Questions for Speccing a Manual V8 Forte - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2001, 01:22   #1 (permalink)
My Neck Hurts....

Questions for Speccing a Manual V8 Forte

I have some questions I thought I'd fire out here rather than at a dealer. It's with regard to the ford.com.au website 'Configure and Price' pages.

I have given up on the Manual Wagon, so instead I'm trying to option up a V8 Sedan with IRS, LSD, Sports Suspension and if I can LPG.

(1) The LSD and Sports Suspension are listed as mandatory. Does this mean they are included in the base price, or does it mean I MUST tick them? (It would be nice if they were greyed out and ticked if they are compulsory....)

(2) The IRS appears to be unavailable for the V8 according to the IRS note. But the LSD note mentions that LSD is only available with IRS on the V8 sedan. So what's the go here? Can I get an LSD/IRS rear on a V8 sedan? Is that part of the Mandatory LSD?

(3) Someone mentioned recently that LPG is an option for the V8. Is this currently available, or is it still being developed? It appears that LPG and IRS are mutually exclusive too.

(4) What's the equivalent body styling kit as used on the SR Falcon? I'm looking for a subtle kit.

(5) I've seen a rear wing on some standard and XR Falcons that is squared off on the left and right sides. Which wing is this in the options? Most of them look rounded off.

Lukeyson
Luke Plaizier is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2001, 01:26   #2 (permalink)

When I was shopping for my car a year or so ago, I come across a AU1 Forte complete with V8, it was an auto though. But it did have IRS fitted and from memory that is mandatory. ABS and LSD are in the same boat I think too Luke.
Russell.
Rastus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2001, 01:32   #3 (permalink)
Chromed Member

re:(5)spoilers

the au series one has the curvy spoiler, and also some xr's have the extra spoiler on top.

The auII have the spoilers with the squarised off dropp ends
but no top spoiler.

:s6:
botch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2001, 01:46   #4 (permalink)
BOF

I know the AU1 and 2 V8 cop cars have got LSD but no IRS.
BOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2001, 03:09   #5 (permalink)
Ford Member

LSD is manditory but I don't belive they are included in the price. I know some of the options are confusing.

The LPG V8 thing was a mistype by the web developer that was quickly fixed, too bad, LPG V8 would have been excellent, I doubt there is a LPG V8 option being reseached for the Windsor, perhaps for the 5.4L in the AV, but we will never know, not for a while. LPG and IRS are mutually excusive I belive. As are I belive 5 speed and LPG.

I think ford should work a bit more on the specification web thing, some of it doesn't work well, and its sometimes ambigious.

I don't belive you can spec IRS and V8, for that you need a XR8.
IPhido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2001, 15:22   #6 (permalink)
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog

Remember Forte V8 is 175kW. Boat anchor material. By the time you make it put out some power it is 'hello XR8' money.

'General' Dog - AP's German Shepherd and Best Mate - 02Dec1998-15Dec2003.
'Pepper' Dog - General's and My Little German Shepherd Sweetie - 1996?-02Apr2006.

'Sako' Dog - My Beautiful and Pretty German Shepherd - 2001?-23Aug2006.
Aussie Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2001, 15:33   #7 (permalink)

The Ford dealer at Five dock in Sydney has a Venon Red AU2 forte with 6cyl, manual, AU1 XR spoiler, 17" xr8 rims and Falken tyres sitting on the car lot. Not sure of the price.
Aussie Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2001, 15:42   #8 (permalink)
My Neck Hurts....

Actually, I did the math last night against the I6 with the same options, and used the Fairlane to find the cost of the V8.

The V8 costs $2990 over the I6, no matter whether it's Forte or Fairlane.
The Auto costs $740.

The Sports Suspension and the LSD prices appear to be included in the base price of the Manual V8 Forte. They should, therefore, be greyed out.

Now, if the IRS is not available, they should remove that 'note' from the LSD option because the note says "LSD not available on IRS except on V8 Sedan."

How about I send an email to ford and find out.

Lukeyson
Luke Plaizier is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub