I have some questions I thought I'd fire out here rather than at a dealer. It's with regard to the ford.com.au website 'Configure and Price' pages.
I have given up on the Manual Wagon, so instead I'm trying to option up a V8 Sedan with IRS, LSD, Sports Suspension and if I can LPG.
(1) The LSD and Sports Suspension are listed as mandatory. Does this mean they are included in the base price, or does it mean I MUST tick them? (It would be nice if they were greyed out and ticked if they are compulsory....)
(2) The IRS appears to be unavailable for the V8 according to the IRS note. But the LSD note mentions that LSD is only available with IRS on the V8 sedan. So what's the go here? Can I get an LSD/IRS rear on a V8 sedan? Is that part of the Mandatory LSD?
(3) Someone mentioned recently that LPG is an option for the V8. Is this currently available, or is it still being developed? It appears that LPG and IRS are mutually exclusive too.
(4) What's the equivalent body styling kit as used on the SR Falcon? I'm looking for a subtle kit.
(5) I've seen a rear wing on some standard and XR Falcons that is squared off on the left and right sides. Which wing is this in the options? Most of them look rounded off.
When I was shopping for my car a year or so ago, I come across a AU1 Forte complete with V8, it was an auto though. But it did have IRS fitted and from memory that is mandatory. ABS and LSD are in the same boat I think too Luke.
LSD is manditory but I don't belive they are included in the price. I know some of the options are confusing.
The LPG V8 thing was a mistype by the web developer that was quickly fixed, too bad, LPG V8 would have been excellent, I doubt there is a LPG V8 option being reseached for the Windsor, perhaps for the 5.4L in the AV, but we will never know, not for a while. LPG and IRS are mutually excusive I belive. As are I belive 5 speed and LPG.
I think ford should work a bit more on the specification web thing, some of it doesn't work well, and its sometimes ambigious.
I don't belive you can spec IRS and V8, for that you need a XR8.
Remember Forte V8 is 175kW. Boat anchor material. By the time you make it put out some power it is 'hello XR8' money.
BA'1.5' Pursuit 290
Lightning Strike / Reflective Orange Stripes 'General' Dog - AP's German Shepherd and Best Mate - 02Dec1998-15Dec2003.
'Pepper' Dog - General's and My Little German Shepherd Sweetie - 1996?-02Apr2006. 'Sako' Dog - My Beautiful and Pretty German Shepherd - 2001?-23Aug2006.
The AutoGuide.com network consists of the largest network of enthusiast-owned enthusiast-operated automotive communities.
AutoGuide.com provides the latest car reviews, auto show coverage, new car prices, and automotive news. The AutoGuide network operates more than 100 automotive forums where our users consult peers for shopping information and advice, and share opinions as a community.