Racing Car Games... - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2002, 04:50   #1 (permalink)
Chasing down oil leaks...

Racing Car Games...

Anyone on here into racing games much?

Well I kinda forgot about it but the game Need For Speed 3 allows you to have custom cars and ages ago I found a model for an EA. Basically you can tune the car to handle like a Diablo and race around the tracks, etc... I should blow the dust off it and give it another go!

Anyone like any other games such as V8 Challenge, etc?

Just thought I might start a bit of convo...

Dan..
Axeman82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2002, 12:57   #2 (permalink)
pR()rN_*

A cool game that me and Ford.Boy have got into recently is
Live for speed
It's not even finished yet but it's ultra realistic to play and very customisable.
Go to it check it out.
Old 12-17-2002, 14:09   #3 (permalink)
EA Ford Fanatic

Gran Tourismo 2 is still one of the hottest games, and best selling racing games of all time. If you haven't given it a go, its a must. WARNING: This game is highly addictive and you are likely to lose sleep, gain square eyes and RSI.
Other than that, I still pump the bucks into Daytona USA the original sega version. The graphics aren't the best, but the gameplay is so good, that you'll be racing your mates for as long as the dough allows.
Old 12-17-2002, 23:29   #4 (permalink)

Well, i Like GT2, NFS high stakes 2, Burnout 2 Driver is ok aswell. I love Daytona but only at the arcade. But the best driving sim game would have to be GTA3 and GTA Vice City. I know it aint a racing game but the driving throught the cities with no restrictions kicks arse! Hell u can even take out the pedestrians if they get in they way! Road rage without real consequences and get it outa ya system so u dont do it 4 real.
Pitty there no Austrailan city with Real Ausralian cars!
PHoeNiX_EB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2002, 01:06   #5 (permalink)

Well personally i love most driving games but my favourites will have to be Gran Tourismo 2, Crazy Taxi 1 and 2, Vanishing Point, Tokyo Xtreme racer and MSR. But in the arcade it would have to be Daytona and Sega Rally.
Old 12-18-2002, 02:34   #6 (permalink)

yeah v8 race driver is great, gotta love the aussie aspect, gran turismo, the whole series is great especially 3 as the graphics r schmick, and for those of you lucky enough to have a dreamcast (like me hehe) you can stop pumping money into arcade machines and crank daytona, as well as metropolis street racer which is great
eb2wanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2002, 03:35   #7 (permalink)
Ford Veteran

Ehmm well the newest need for speed, hot pursuit 2 i believe, it has the TS50 in competition and it drives quite nicely
gmanEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2002, 16:52   #8 (permalink)

I haven't really played any video games for quite some time now. I used to be a master at any sort of driving game that I tried. Still play Daytona with mates when the opportunity arrises, don't think I'll ever get tired of it.

Grand Prix 3 on PC is a bloody good game, though sadly my computer isn't fast enough to run it at the speeds it was meant for... I remember back in the day there was a game I had on the old 386 that I loved to pieces. Can't remember the name of it though, you would start off with some dosh then buy an old car from the paper and do it up by winning drag races for money and pink slips sometimes. It had very basic graphics, but it was highly addictive.

Ash
Kenaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2002, 19:16   #9 (permalink)

Games

Greetings All

I have been playing NFSHP2 for a while and it is good, Grand Turismo 2 is good (even on ps1). Grand Prix 3 for pc is good (although pretty hard). I didn't like crazy taxi all that much. I really need a new pc to play the new games :(

Warra
Warrawump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2002, 19:56   #10 (permalink)
Serving Defect #3

Racing Games

For Playstation 2, you cant be GT3, the range of cars, with the ability to make em pump some serious HP, for instance I have a Susuki thats making 1881Hp, if I set it up right I can make it fly on the high speed ring, and I mean that literally(as in all wheels off the ground)

Dont get much better.

For original Playstation, nothing beats Toca Touring Cars, for out and out door to door racing i reccommend it highly, it's one game where the opposing drivers actually drive hard, and u get race damage which slows your car so it is actually a pretty good sim.

For PC, nothing even comes close to GP4, every other F1 driving game is left for dead in what has to be the most realistic racing game ever. There is detailed setup and replays which u can save for performance analysis. Plus if gives you a real sense of speed, like your actually going 250 kmh

God I could go on about GP4 all night, until you play it you will have no idea how good it is. But as far as GP2 and GP3 go, it is like a different game all together.

Check it out at Microprose.com
fordfan351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub