racism - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2003, 23:18   #1 (permalink)
Finnaly back

racism

whats everyone outlook/opinion on racism?
As In the way if you make a coment about another person/race that has nothing to do with thier skin colour, you get called racist!

I think its total shit, I can say whatever about another white person and its all good, but as soon as I say it about somone else Im in the shit, thats what I think, if the goverment/people want no racism, they should stop been racist themselfs and making two "groups", everyone should be treated as equal.

I hope most of you can follow what Im on about.
Chad_XF is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2003, 23:24   #2 (permalink)
BOFH

Re: racism

Using "racism" as a ploy to get more or avoid prosecution is the oldest trick in the book for minority groups. I hate it.

I see everyone as a person. If your a prick I'll tell you, I dont care what colour your skin is.
Have I been called racist? Yes, of course, some people use it as a defensive mechanism.
Am I racist? No, not one bit. I have friends from all different races... people are people.

Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2003, 23:39   #3 (permalink)
Boat Hunting ;)

This is (but shouldnt be) a topic walking a fine line IMO. I agree with casper. If you are doing the wrong thing, or are a prick, wear the consequences. I have quiet a few ethnic mates though, and they are all really easy going, they refer to them selves as 'wogs' etc.. and make jokes about them selves/culture, but I do the same about myself, and dont have a problem with any names or jokes if they are done in good humor.

People should be proud of their culture, but get over it, put it to one side and think it is irrelevant, which it is.
AU2 S-pack Owner: Silhouette Black, XR6 Wheels, Tickford Sunroof, C2R rear bar, Checker Plate Floor Mats, Chrome Door Sills, Blue Backlite Dash, Blue Painted Brake Callipers, Advanced Extractors, Magnaflow High Flow Cat, 2.5" Stainless Steel Mandrel Bent Custom Exhaust, Genie Muffler. Sony Explode 50w x 4 deck, Kenwood 140w speakers (front and rear), Boss 1200 watt Amplifier, 12" Orion Sub in custom box. More To Come!!
younggun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2003, 02:00   #4 (permalink)
boosted sleeper

Well, as an asian, I copped alot of racial abuse going thru high school for being "different", and there was nothing could do about it. I used to get called all sorts of names and or cousre it hurt and there was nothing I could do about it. I'd try everything from laughin it off to dob them in but because I was a minority in the whole of the school (I was brought up in aus) I was a 'deal with it later ' case and temporarily cast aside till the principle or someone was prepared to do something about it. But in most cases, it ended up that the perpetrator just got private reprimanding or a note to their parents and I'd cop it twice as hard the next day for dobbin them in.

That rant being over, I'd like to say that I dont hold grudges to these ppl and recently, I found out that there lives sitting in a crap heap, coz I hear thier indulging in drugs and with multiple relationships with x number of kids hanging off thier arms and on the dole and coppin a heap of crap from the law!

I feel there is no need to belittle, payout, put-down or just plain tease a person for being different, especially if they have no choice in what colour they are originally born as. Insecurity in ppl will always confuse me, and as much as we in an imperfect world, I deal with and get on with my life.

As far as getting over sensitive about a general comment or joke, I dont take it personal. But relate the words, black, chink, slope, yellow or any other colour for that matter other than the colour human in a sentence other than directed to yourself and thats when you see as asian go red (no pun intended). That being said, it still gives me no right to belittle my own culture or race and if I was to say something about my own race it would be something serious.

sorry for the rant, just got a personal skeleton of my chest! phew!

If I have crossed the line with what I've said, please say.
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2003, 02:03   #5 (permalink)
gone

The good thing about the web.... everyone is equal until you cross the line...

but I really dont think fordforums is the place to get too deep and meaningfull
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2003, 02:07   #6 (permalink)
boosted sleeper

sure, sorry minge. This is a personal topic for me and I do appologise for getting a little too d&m.

Believe me, I'm am one of the most easy going ppl here once ya get to know me. A joke will always be taken as joke in the right light.

hehe I'd better shut up ey?
Old 11-08-2003, 02:10   #7 (permalink)
gone

No Dramas Blueoval

I hate everyone equally....

but I do agree with what you say
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2003, 02:19   #8 (permalink)
We Love Greb Murpy

Whether you're gay, straight, black, white, whatever; I hate you.

Nah I don't give a rats, as long as you don't use your superficial colour, orientation whatever in anyway to disadvantage anyone. (as in claiming aboriginal benefits, when in fact you are only 1/16th aborigianl, or not at all. )
ford.boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2003, 02:20   #9 (permalink)
boosted sleeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by laminge
I hate everyone equally....
fair enough, and well said too!
Old 11-08-2003, 02:21   #10 (permalink)
boosted sleeper

ford.boy - I know exactly what you mean! I hate it when ppl take advantage of the situation too. Its as if there are too sets of rules. Not too australian imo!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub