RACV...Boo to you! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2003, 16:47   #1 (permalink)
Bring Back Jeff Kennet

RACV...Boo to you!

Ok well after having a pretty good christmas, I had a little downer this morning.

After I had just got some bargins from the Myer sale I was on my way home. While travelling behind a (bloody) statesman that was towing a boat, some black thing came flying out of it and hit my car. I thought it hit the front bumper so I thought, well there is nothing I can do about it so I kept on driving.

After about 2 minutes I herd another THUD and I was like, "what the f%$k was that!?". So I pulled over to find oil absolutley pissing out of my sump. Whatever came out of the boat had pierced the sump, stayed in for a little while, and then fallen out.

So there I am spewing that oil is going everywhere. I thought ah well, bugger, Ill call RACV as I am a FULL MEMBER. To my disgust they tell me that I might have to pay $168 for a tow. Keep in mind that I am no more than 10 minutes from home which made it harder to swallow.

After being re-directed about 20 times I finally got through to a bloke who said I wont be able to claim it as I have technically had an accident. At this point Im fuming because all I need is a tow down the street.

Anyway the guy rocks up and I end up having to pay $65 for a tow 10 minutes, if that, down the road.

Now can someone tell me what the heck is the point of paying for a full years membership when I still have to pay to be towed. Its the biggest load of BS I have ever heard.

There is nothing I can do about it now as I was to shocked at the time to get the rego number of the statesman.

Should I write an email to them and ask what the hell is going on?? I wasn't part of an accident, well I dont think I was, its such a grey area!

Advertised as $4000ono. Price is negiotable for a quick sale.
FoMoCo4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-25-2003, 16:51   #2 (permalink)
Bring Back Jeff Kennet

Re: RACV...Boo to you!

Oh and to that smart arse in the silver VX commodore that "swerved" his car infront of me after I spun out, it was because I had oil on my rears...UP YOURS!!

Some people can be spankers sometimes.

Oh did I mention a copper pull me up as well thinking that I was hooning around when I lost it at a round-a-bout?? I was crapping my dacks at this stage.

But he was a TOP bloke, I explained that my sump was rooted and I was trying to get home. He advised me to stop, which in hind sight was the right thing, and call a tow truck.

He was driving a silver BA XR8 to and he gunned it when he left...lol..sounded so nice!

Old 12-25-2003, 18:57   #3 (permalink)
BOFH

I havent bothered being a member of RACV (or RACQ when I was in Qld) for years. Pointless waste of money. All they do is end up blowing it on crap, bend over for the government revenue raisers and their roadside assist is a joke...never any use, just get a tow. In then end RACV is just a big insurance company that "pretends" to give a crap about the drivers but really is in bed with the government.

Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2003, 19:37   #4 (permalink)
Rip Up The Track Join OFR

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoMoCo4eva
While travelling behind a (bloody) statesman that was towing a boat, some black thing came flying out of it and hit my car. I thought it hit the front bumper so I thought, well there is nothing I can do about it so I kept on driving.
sorry to hear that, I was on the freeway about 6 weeks ago hit a jockey wheel that was laying on the road must have fell of a trailer anyway it put a hole in the wall of my tyre, changed it in the rain on the ring road $245 for the tyre $40 wheel alignment...
Hope yours doesn’t cost too much to fix.....

PHANTOM BA XR8 UTE, AUTO, UNICHIP, APS TUNED 229 RWKW ET:13.47.

Rods Rocket, Boss n/a 290 Unichip Tuned by APS et:12.6@110 Mph
We are all inclined to judge ourselves by our ideals; others, by their acts.

XRFPV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2003, 19:49   #5 (permalink)
Just give me an excuse...

i don't suppose you got the rego of the boat carrying holden??
Old 12-25-2003, 20:07   #6 (permalink)
Bring Back Jeff Kennet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_Lurker
i don't suppose you got the rego of the boat carrying holden??
nah I didn't...I said that before...;-)

When it happened the car was fine and I didn't think anything of it. Then when the oject fell out and made a hude noise i pulled over to see what happened.

It was white, and was brand new...lol..going north bound on the calder freeway just after calder park actually.

To say Im pissed off is an understatement. I was thinking of sending RACV an email saying that if they dont cover it I will withdraw my policy with them. Why shoudl I pay $150 a year for "total car cover" and have them turn around and say that they wont pay for my car to be towed 10 minutes down the street!

Problem is who else do I sign up with for "road side assistance"??

Old 12-25-2003, 20:13   #7 (permalink)
Just give me an excuse...

ok sorry my bad...

hmmm well racv said that to me as well when i got bogged. Personally i would withdraw the cover and tell them to stick it up their arse if they want to charge for a tow. Its ridiculous paying $150 a year for nothing...hmmm i feel an email from myself to RACV coming on...
Old 12-25-2003, 20:19   #8 (permalink)
Wildlife Photographer

Get fords roadside assistance, or do you only get that when you
buy a brandnew car ?
Old 12-25-2003, 20:42   #9 (permalink)
Bring Back Jeff Kennet

hey guys im writing up an email right now..would you like to see a draft and offer anything that I have missed out?

Or would that be a bad idea?

Old 12-25-2003, 21:14   #10 (permalink)
Bring Back Jeff Kennet

Ok guys this is what I just whipped up....

To whom it may concern,
On the 26th of December 26, 2003, I was in the unfortunate circumstance of having to rely upon my RACV membership, of which I am a “Total Care” recipient. My car failed just after the turn off from the Calder Freeway northbound on Vineyard Road. I signed up to this membership in the good faith that if anything was to happen to my vehicle, I would be suitably covered, as the terms “Total Care” would seem to suggest. This, I’m sorry to say, was the last thing that your establishment displayed in regarding my call at approximately 9.00 am.

While the people who I talked to during my call of help where friendly, it wasn’t until I was re-directed numerous times that I got a definite answer to what I was to expect from my $156.00 p.a membership. To be told that my total care policy couldn’t even tow my car no more than 10 minutes down into Sunbury’s CBD infuriated me. How can such a reputable corporation fail to provide its customers which satisfactory service?

So instead of having piece of mind, especially during such a hectic time of the year, I have been burdened by the extra stress finding a way to have my vehicle towed. Once put through to a helpful individual, I was then told that I would have to pay a $65 fee for my car being towed. This is totally unacceptable as that’s the exact reason why I registered with RACV in the first place.

In summary, I completely expect that the $65 I was charged is to be fully reimbursed as there no logical reason to why I have to pay, when my membership clearly states that I can rely on you to supply of towing service. Evidence of this is present on your own website at:

http://motoring.racv.com.au/RACVM/peacemind/road3.cfm

The tenth dot point declares that “Towing to the nearest depot in the country, or up to 100km in any direction.” As I only needed to be towed at the most, 10km, you can understand my frustration.

If no agreement towards my claim is made, I will be in the unfortunate position as to withdraw my membership and seek my unused months cover to also be reimbursed. This is not the type of email I want to be sending at this time of the year, but your company has shown complete disregard for my situation and well being.

I greatly anticipate your reply.

Yours Sincerely,
XXXXX

What do you think? Is it lacking somehting? I was thinking about adding the ACCC with false advertsing or somehting..or is that too much?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub