Radar jamming - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2003, 13:35   #1 (permalink)

Radar jamming

Found this on another board, sounds interesting.

Highway radar jamming
someone emailed me this article i thought it was cool
P.S. i dont think this is leagal

Highway radar jamming by The Jolly Roger

Most drivers wanting to make better time on the open road will invest in one of those expensive radar detectors. However, this device will not work against a gun type radar unit in which the radar signal is not present until the cop has your car in his sights and pulls the trigger. Then it is TOO LATE for you to slow down. A better method is to continuously jam any signal with a radar signal of your own. I have tested this idea with the cooperation of a local cop and found that his unit reads random numbers when my car approached him. It is suprisingly easy to make a low power radar transmitter. A nifty little semiconductor called a Gunn Diode will generate microwaves when supplied with the 5 to 10 volt DC and enclosed in the correct size cavity (resonator). An 8 to 3 terminal regulator can be used to get this voltage from a car's 12v system. However, the correct construction and tuning of the cavity is difficult without good microwave measurement equipment. Police radars commonly operate on the K band at 22 GHz. Or more often on the X band at 1025 GHz. most microwave intruder alarms and motion detectors (mounted over automatic doors in supermarkets & banks, etc.) contain a Gunn type transmitter/receiver combination that transmits about 10 kilowatts at 1025 GHz. These units work perfectly as jammers. If you cannot get one locally, write to Microwave Associates in Burlington, Massachusetts and ask them for info on 'Gunnplexers' for ham radio use. When you get the unit it may be mounted in a plastic box on the dash or in a weather-proof enclosure behind the PLASTIC grille. Switch on the power when on an open highway. The unit will not jam radar to the side or behind the car so don't go speeding past the radar trap. An interesting phenomena you will notice is that the drivers who are in front of you who are using detectors will hit their brakes as you approach large metal signs and bridges. Your signal is bouncing off of these objects and triggering their radar detectors!

PS If you are interested in this sort of thing, get a copy of POPULAR COMMUNICATIONS. The ads in there tell you where you can get all kinds of info on all kinds of neat equipment for all kinds of neat things!
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2003, 18:06   #2 (permalink)
gone

Re: Radar jamming

Can see this leading to some heafty fines though!
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2003, 18:15   #3 (permalink)
Interloper from LS1.com

[QUOTE=TopGhia]Found this on another board, sounds interesting.

Highway radar jamming
someone emailed me this article i thought it was cool
P.S. i dont think this is leagal[QUOTE]

Yes - very illegal - expect large spiky things stuck up your bottom, or to be shot in Vic.

Theory is technically sound, although the old X band stuff is long gone, mainly K and Ka band these days.

Also while it may disrupt the readings, the copper might be a tad suspicious when his radar has been working fine all day and goes haywire as you go past and then works fine again.
Brendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2003, 22:09   #4 (permalink)
Faster than Zyrtec

I think you'd have to worry about the radar detector dectectors - They can pick up jamming devices.
dave_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2003, 23:25   #5 (permalink)
aka "Mr BURNOUTworld"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_au
I think you'd have to worry about the radar detector dectectors - They can pick up jamming devices.
But what about the radar detector dectector detectors? Get one of those babys and you'll be detecting dectectors till the sun goes down
Old 06-22-2003, 23:30   #6 (permalink)

Well, just be very careful, because in Vic your radar detector detector detector detector may lead to you having to install an anti missle missle.
www.falcongtclub.org
XWGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2003, 02:54   #7 (permalink)

Its completely illegal (altho Ive had a copper tell me its not) Just look out! Id have it somewhere discrete and have an easily accessable on off switch incase they get sus and start using there detector detecors to check ya car!
I can see this going on forever, "anti radar detector detector detector... ect"
PHoeNiX_EB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2003, 04:05   #8 (permalink)
Faster than Zyrtec

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8EHiND
But what about the radar detector dectector detectors? Get one of those babys and you'll be detecting dectectors till the sun goes down
Hah - Well they are actually called Radar Detector Detectors - RDDs. And we have already had a case of Radar Detector Detector Detectors - either known as RDDD or R3D or VG-2 Guard.

And you can cry when you discover an Australian firm leads the world in this technology. And they even have happysnaps of the car mountable unit in use with the NSW HP.

have a look -
http://www.spectre-rdd.com/stalcar.html
dave_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2003, 06:28   #9 (permalink)
Ford Member

Get some military grade radar jammer which will not only jam the radar but probably shut the cops car off due to Mw grade EM interference ! Though you'd be charged for frying cop car electrics!
Ramrod429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2003, 12:55   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Don’t be left behind in the battle against illegal radar detectors in your state. Contact Stealth....
Where's the Terminator when you need him. This is just the start of it all. What's next --"robotic anti-motorist patrols".
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub