A Rare Sight - NSW HWP XR8 - Will times change? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2002, 14:56   #1 (permalink)
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog

Question A Rare Sight - NSW HWP XR8 - Will times change?

I live and commute in Sydney's southern suburbs and the vast majority of Highway Patrol sightings are the VX SS variety. I would occasionally see an XR8 appear at Sutho Cop shop (although their base is engadine) but again a minority. Well, after moving house I have not seen an XR8 at all. Finally, just two days ago I saw a fully marked AU3 XR8 in the new colours at Rockdale on the Princes Hwy (located on the hill heading down to the Ford dealer).

Looked good I gotta say!

I reckon when BA comes online the cops are gonna be jumping up and down for BAs. Imagine how good they're going to look with the bonnet bulge and all that! :grom:

'General' Dog - AP's German Shepherd and Best Mate - 02Dec1998-15Dec2003.
'Pepper' Dog - General's and My Little German Shepherd Sweetie - 1996?-02Apr2006.

'Sako' Dog - My Beautiful and Pretty German Shepherd - 2001?-23Aug2006.
Aussie Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2002, 15:00   #2 (permalink)

I love watching Blue Heelers just to see them fang the XR8 cop cars!

____o00o_=^..^=_o00o____
Falchoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2002, 17:31   #3 (permalink)
T5 Expert Operator

I saw an XR8 AUIII cop car the other day, would you believe it had a Rebel bodykit, looked cool i reckon. Guess coppers like there cars to look hot as well.

AUII Late Ed XR6 HP T5 Venom- Full Tickford Body Kit, 17in Wheels, Herrod Bi-plane Spoiler, Momo Steer/Gear, T-Series Interior Options, Premium Stereo and a very light-tuned 4.0L I6

(FPV-Tickford Club of NSW Member and Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, Ford Forums Food Bandits)
XR_Strider_GuY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2002, 17:34   #4 (permalink)
Oxford Green AU

One of the guys I used to go to school with was with me in the car when we saw an Vic marked XR8, after that he wouldn't shut up about how good it looked, and I agree the XR8 220's look great, suits the police cars I think. And coming from one of those "fords are gay, i'd rathr push a holden" people it's especially special.

Mind you he's never driven a ford and has driven his olds VS Taxipack that they bought cheap because the order was cancelled. Love that Taxi yellow paint.
Old 10-30-2002, 17:35   #5 (permalink)
Oxford Green AU

Here in Vic I've seen a fair few XR8 220's with the Havoc/Rebel Kit on them, bout time too!
Old 10-30-2002, 18:05   #6 (permalink)
Crikey

AP I saw an HWP XR8 on the Sutherland Bypass on Monday evening. Looked brilliant and stood out like a sore thumb after all the VX's usually operating out of Engadine. Wonder if it was the same one.

About 12 months ago I saw a black unmarked XR8 in the 90 zone after Old Bush Road. Never saw it again though.

I'm doing the MS Society Sydney to Wollongong bike ride this Sunday. There is usually heaps of cop cars, I hope that XR is one of them.
Blurter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2002, 18:34   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
About 12 months ago I saw a black unmarked XR8 in the 90 zone after Old Bush Road. Never saw it again though.
I live around Engadine too, and that black XR8 used to go hooning around all the time - I don't know who used to drive it, but they always used to have fun. I can't believe he used to drive like that straight into the station.....
GameON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2002, 18:53   #8 (permalink)
Crikey

Howdy GameOn, tis good to live in God's country.

That black XR8 almost made me wish I was a copper, sure was a sweet car.
Blurter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2002, 19:20   #9 (permalink)
plonky

Yes it will happen. There will be XR8 260's in the fleet as soon as Ford can supply them.

At the moment it is a Magnadore benefit.

XR6T is to be used as a stop gap replacement.

Ford did offer a limited run of AU3 XR8220's until the Boss was released but they were told where to shove it. No more AU's.!!!!

At the moment it is still a Magnadore benefit but beware.....there are a few unmarked Magna 3.5's with corrected speedo's and Silver Eagles that are being used on HWP duties.

Just in case people head down south on the Hume -orless Highway!
Old 10-30-2002, 22:18   #10 (permalink)
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog

I particularly like the Red VX SS operating around Mascot with the UHF aerials on the front screen and the Centennial black plates.

Oh and the BIG one that shocked me. A dark blue or green Subaru Outback that I saw at Kogarah one evening with the old magnetic lights but full siren - SHOCK!!!!!!!

PLONKY:
Those Magnas - did they put Commodore badges on them to fool the boys did they?

'General' Dog - AP's German Shepherd and Best Mate - 02Dec1998-15Dec2003.
'Pepper' Dog - General's and My Little German Shepherd Sweetie - 1996?-02Apr2006.

'Sako' Dog - My Beautiful and Pretty German Shepherd - 2001?-23Aug2006.
Aussie Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub