Re-sale on BA's... stay tuned - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2003, 18:22   #1 (permalink)
JP
XR6 Driver

Question Re-sale on BA's... stay tuned

Unfortunately, the BA XR6 n/a ute i've purchased recently is up for sale and just as interest to you guys i'll let you know what i paid for it and what offers I get, stay tuned guys and gals...
JP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2003, 18:25   #2 (permalink)
gone

Up for sale why?
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2003, 18:32   #3 (permalink)
BOF

You just got the thing! good resale or not, that is going to hurt! I saw your EL still in the yard last weekend, $16,990 they are asking for it.
VC Valiant 245Hemi, 280zx Nissan 5 speed, 88 EA 3.9CFI,94 ED Gli X Chaser, 79 FC LTD, 351, FMX, 91 EA2 Fairmont Ghia, 1999 AU S pack, 2000 AU Forte, 1992 EB2 XR8, 2001 AU2 SR, 2002 VX2 Acclaim, 2002 VX2 Manual S pack,2003 BA XR6 manual, 2001 VX2 Berlina.
BOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2003, 18:46   #4 (permalink)
JP
XR6 Driver

You gotta be kidding me............. $16990???????????? that's what I bloody paid for it 3 years ago !!!!!!!!! damn rip offs

Im selling it cause the repayments are too high man, so im settling for a cheap car and that way i'll actually own a car !!!

The reason why I have the car is because i signed something I shouldnt have, thats why, and now im paying the price and well yeah im learning from my mistake now are'nt I.

Still can't believe how much i've been ripped off. No more !!!!
Old 04-01-2003, 18:51   #5 (permalink)
JP
XR6 Driver

Oh, and I just broke up with my Fiance' (being with her for nearly 3 years) and was'nt all there at the time, and regrettably signed something I should NEVER have... after signing the car contract I pleaded to the finance guy that I could'nt afford it rah rah rah, STILL they approved it, if it wasnt for that I would still be driving my EL today

Geez, I feel like such a fool
Old 04-01-2003, 18:55   #6 (permalink)
BOF

So they took you into the little room, asked you to sign here and when you left you realised that you had brought a new car?

It's a legal document and you couldnt bail out of it?

Bugga! not to make you feel any worse than you already are but I reckon you will be lucky to get out of it for less than $10k
VC Valiant 245Hemi, 280zx Nissan 5 speed, 88 EA 3.9CFI,94 ED Gli X Chaser, 79 FC LTD, 351, FMX, 91 EA2 Fairmont Ghia, 1999 AU S pack, 2000 AU Forte, 1992 EB2 XR8, 2001 AU2 SR, 2002 VX2 Acclaim, 2002 VX2 Manual S pack,2003 BA XR6 manual, 2001 VX2 Berlina.
BOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2003, 18:58   #7 (permalink)
JR
Editor on P Plates

I thought finance contracts had a 'cooling off' period now to allow you to back out if you came to your senses?

Wasn't it supposed to stop just the situation you describe, where the pushy rep signs you up even though the finance will kill you, but they don't care bcause that's a finance company problem.

Does anyone know if I'm right or wrong here?

If I'm right, and you wanted out but they still held you to it you may have some recourse you could take to fix up your situation.
Editor: Street Fords Magazine - Issue #1 on sale MARCH 2005
E-mail: jr@streetfords.com

Co Founder: 3FB Inc.
To see my old BA Falcon XR6, click HERE
JR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2003, 18:59   #8 (permalink)
Bourbon powered V8

Sorry to hear about that. Sometimes the excitement of a new car takes over all of our senses!

If your EL is still there, why don't you ask them to back-trade on it?

AU1 XR8 Auto 147.9 rwkw (approx 215 fwkw)

AU2 Wagon HAD Auto
17s, Pacemakers, 3" Intake & Pod filter (The Family Hack)

Member of:
FPV-XR Club ACT
AUFalcon.com
ATPS (honorary)
JC-XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2003, 19:41   #9 (permalink)
pR()rN_*

what so they can rip him again?
You may beable to get demo prices for the sale of your car so maybe about 6g less than what you paid for it (not including onroads) you will most likely loose about 8g.
Look around and see if you can refiniance over a longer period. You will loose out to much if you sell it.
Also did you go with the dealer finance? If so check your paper work you may have to pay out more than you actully borrowed to get out of the loan.
EG if the total amount purchased was 30g and the total payments they expected to recieve would have cost a total of 45+ (depending on how much they ripped you) they may want something like 35 to finalise the loan.
In short I don't like saying this but it is most likely you'd be better off in a big way to hit your head against something rip your clothes and claim you've been car jacked.
(Lier Lier style)
Old 04-01-2003, 19:45   #10 (permalink)
FF Moderator

Damage is done my friend. Keep the BA for now unless of course driving it makes you think of you know who. Just remember Marriage is about sticking together for good and bad. We all make dumb and good decisions.

YOU are VERY upset at the moment and this is a BAD time to be making any, I mean any financial decisions. I've been there and done that......Please consider what I'm saying.

Group Hug

WASP GT - Mk2 6 speed + Herrod =
CDAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub