read, and tell me if u can belive this.... coz i still dont - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2004, 05:59   #1 (permalink)
Falcon 2.. Ferrari 0 hehe

read, and tell me if u can belive this.... coz i still dont

got a call from mum... sayin that thee is a letter from centerlink, its kinda urgent she said....

so i drive home, from st kilda to noble park... and look at the letter... its $7500 and from centerlink, i need to pay them seven and a half grand coz they overpaid me?!?... i call up, and they said that i havent attended tafe for the PAST 2 YEARS! i said.. NO i do remember that i got up got in my car, and drove myself to tafe, done work there, and then came home at the end of class!... he said according to MY TAFE.. I DIDNT!... so i call them uip, and the chick said that i didnt goto tafe... at that point i was like what sort of cruel joke this is.... i told her... and to call my teachers..... i gave names, and numbers of a few.....]]

next day i goto tafe, and ask for the results... i had a few (about 4) marks from tests i done in 2002.. nothing from 2003 and 2004... so i went to the co ordinator, and got him to check, and he didnt put the results in the book.... so he put them in the book.... and i went back today, and there are still HEAPS of classes that have got no marks for them... he said that they cant find the bloody results! so there are all these classes taht i dont have marks for, and i cant get my diploma because they havent got the marks. and to tell you the truth... i do remeber installing windows 2000 as a test...

its kinda bullshit, now i cant pass tafe coz i dont have results which they have misplaced... in the book, there arent no marks for anyone in those classes that went to my campus!

i am mightly PISSED OFF as you can probably imagine!

XE Fairmont Ghia... Silver/Grey Met over black, soon to be v8, cant wait till i get another v8, after 3 LONG HARD YEARS

http://home.iprimus.com.au/diablo_vt/xeesp.swf
MaD_WoG is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2004, 06:07   #2 (permalink)

Re: read, and tell me if u can belive this.... coz i still dont

come on ppl... post your views, i just lost 3 years of my life....

i shoud have been a mechanic, not a network tech.....

also
the co ordinator goes to me, that i didnt complete cisco.... so i said can i show u something on the internet.... i got in my hotmail account, and i have the letters from cisco that ive completed my course, with the teachers name at the bottom!

XE Fairmont Ghia... Silver/Grey Met over black, soon to be v8, cant wait till i get another v8, after 3 LONG HARD YEARS

Old 07-16-2004, 06:16   #3 (permalink)
Ford Enthusiast

sounds like one almighty f**k-up went down. surely theres some way to prove that you were actually physically at tafe all this time, security cameras perhaps? computer logs of you using your account and files? if anything serious happens id be lookin for some form of compensation
Old 07-16-2004, 06:18   #4 (permalink)
Crazed Cone Chaser

Wouldnt happen to be chisholm would it?

I had a similar thing happen to me, but only with one class thankfully. I had to chase up the actual teacher of the class and get him to show the head of dept my results from the role cause for some reason I was enrolled in the class, but not with that teacher even tho i was assigned with my group to that classroom, so even tho i was enrolled in it my name was on another role so I was listed and non attending.

So I'd suggest chasing up the teachers of the classes to get your results from them.
Did you have a system where you get a receipt for handing in an assignment? RMIT have this system do if the teacher loses your assignment you get full marks cause youve gto proof of handing it in.

DILLIGAF: a subsiduary of the DGAF NOP group of companies.
BSR Member - 'Blanky' 'ConeKiller'

Go Here for My Garage Sale
MADXF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 06:18   #5 (permalink)
FCT ROCKS QLD

thats really got to suck big time. i personally hate centrelink with a passion. the arseholes are taking 10% of my wage due to overpayments.

I hope you work it out.
Cheers
Nudge

1989 EA Fairmont Ghia With a Factory fitted 5 speed.
Mags, K&N Filter, big stereo.

Proud TQE Operator

15.959 @ 138.74 kms at Willowbank on the 13th October
RIP 6/91 EA Falcon Caught fire and burned to death
nudge4031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 06:19   #6 (permalink)
Whats traction?

Mate it sounds like your being stooged and i'd fight it to the end. At a guess i'd say your attending wantirna tafe (I could be wrong)... thats where i did my diploma and i'd expect that sort of stupidity from them.

Good luck.
Old 07-16-2004, 06:20   #7 (permalink)

the thing of me going to tafe is kinda sorted out, but i want my marks... coz there are lots of subjects that havent gotten marks for, and i got tests that i done, and have been returned with marks on them... its bullshit.... and im really pissed off about it... as anyone would be...

security of the carpark wont be any good for me, coz the way i drive there... (there is a big grass field thing, and if ur late, u risk parkin there, i did, but when i left, i always done heaps of circle work)

soem recortrs are missins, incomplete and incorrect....

Old 07-16-2004, 06:23   #8 (permalink)

nah nah... madxf is right

the teacher that most marks are missing from lives in cockatoo..

thats how i was... on 2 rolls... one was recorded the other not... and they mucked up my last 2 years.... but the classes that are missing... i dunno....

Old 07-16-2004, 06:37   #9 (permalink)
I am The Brain

Far out. That is seriously rooted...I hope you get it sorted out.
Old 07-16-2004, 06:39   #10 (permalink)
Finally back in a V8

would there be any records from the tafe library that can substantiate the fact that you attended all those years? Get in touch with the regional office for the dept: Education in Melbourne and let them know what has transcribed. 2 years of your life is worth the chase mate.
XR 330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub