real or imagined... bird flu? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2006, 20:10   #1 (permalink)
Old Ford Fan

real or imagined... bird flu?

About a month or two ago, before work saw a thing on the news that seemed kinda odd...

the prez was talking about bird flu vaccine funding stuff...with all the stuff going on right now, how often have they ever really 'prepared' for anything- let alone publicly?

same news show showed 'sattellite images of bird flocks that seemed to be flying up northeastern asia across Bering Strait down along alaska/canada- looked like total bullshit to me, in that same report they showed CDC projections of birdflu epidemic spreading across entire country in 90 days- but oddly the CDC stuff started on the east coast, not west where the satelites showed birds heading.

Same day there was a thing in the newspaper at work/lunch was telling the guys how odd the birdthing seemed to me, and about that Claude whatever that got arrested for stealing crap from wallmart- I said then that it sounded to me like he pissed off someone and got setup/fixed...this guy was a bigtime advisor- not a typical petty theft kinda guy...that night I went home to look up old Claude, lo and behold first link was some blurb about CDC/infectious disease stockpile crap...I couldnt sleep that night. Just keep talking about mustangs and stuff...forget it...

http://www.usmedicine.com/article.cf...301&issueID=32

well today the prez released more stuff about the birdflu planning- even how they will be able to print money overseas...oops- that was the only real thing stated except for possibly 'drive thru' diagnostics setups, and that estimated 90 million sick, 2 million dead, internet swamped from folks working at home could be expected- rest of the world would fare far worse.

OOOOKAY...the worlds in a mess, we are mired down in poor country wars over oil that have basically eroded most of the faith people have in the government and their justification for being there under false pretenses, we owe China more than our greatgreatgreat grandkids can ever repay(china financing most of our debt), we got major problems with most muslim nations unofficially wanting us all to die, our government appears to be as corrupt as its ever been, and being steered by oil barons (no metering of oil out of Iraq by tankers...how much/who pays/gets paid???noone seems to know), now the handy dandy birdflu thing pops up that 'possibly' 'might' 'jump' to humans is available...God I hope I'm just f'd in the head thinking about this crap- and I pray in 6 months someone will remind me but I tell you what, I got a really bad feeling this is gonna be a bad year. if that pandemic 'materializes' why would one of the biggest concerns be printing money overseas? and will the presses be metered any better than the pumps in Iraq? who would even know, if the internet starts crumbling...far too much communication is dependent on that.
We would be in bad shape, but overpopulated areas that happen to have lots of oil and finance a lot of our debt would have populations dwindle lower than ever...wonder who would 'help' them recover- possibly the only nation that ever does?

Am I nuts or does some of this stuff seem a littly fishy to others too...that Claude whoever guy getting arrested at wallmart after resigning from extremely high level post that worked along with CDC bioterror stuff just really gives me the creeps.

nah, I'm just nuts... got almost 2800 miles on the mustang now, tore up a few onramps today...what bird flu?
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2006, 14:57   #2 (permalink)
FF.com Administrator

Re: real or imagined... bird flu?

Sometimes people can get a little paranoid over things.

I certainly hope we don't have any major bird flu plague but I guess we will have to deal with it if it happens just as we have dealt with other things all the way through history.

Enjoy that Mustang ford4v429
Old 04-17-2006, 16:43   #3 (permalink)
Old Ford Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Block Ford
Sometimes people can get a little paranoid over things.

I certainly hope we don't have any major bird flu plague but I guess we will have to deal with it if it happens just as we have dealt with other things all the way through history.

Enjoy that Mustang ford4v429
through history though, no government ever had an opportunity to engineer virus outbreaks...what if ours decided a pandemic would 'be good for us'/or our economy? they could easily wipe out enough enemies to make it lucrative, and suffer fairly 'mild' losses at home...I have become way too cynical towards the current administrations apparent 'anything for a buck(or oil)' justification for anything they do, with or without approval/consent/public opinion backing the decision makers...

I see your in New Zealand- I helped a guy fix his old Fanuc CNC control thru email a couple years ago, as a thankyou, he sent me a huge hardcover book on new zealand- and wow- you guys got everything(except oil). Have since read up on NZ and honestly, I think of all the places Ive read about, NZ seems to be the 'least messed up' in the world right now, for lack of better wording...The US is great, but our govt is giving away the farm as far as trade(nafta/cafta...), paralyzes business with things like EPA- have an oil spill, get a fine...a big fine that can put you out of business without paying a penny towards actual cleanup, laws written by lawyers deliberately gray so as to keep them in business, (surely you guys heard about the lady who spilled coffee in her lap and sued mcdonalds because wasnt labeled 'hot'), take a minimum wage job, cant afford insurance payments- or quit and they'll pay everything, inviting illegal aliens to no longer be 'illegal'- and let them have free medical stuff while working tax free under the table...its getting pretty sad over here...great place/great people/great country- except govt corrupt beyond belief...congresspeople/senators get 100% retirement pay when voted out- with cost of living adjustments, they pay NO social security, yet get lifetime free medical...so out of touch with working folks its no wonder they act like they do...at least we still have the right to bitch about it, but sadly the point of voting the past decade has been trying to pick the lesser of two evils from the 'puppets' selected by the 'parties'...I'm afraid this time we got 'the evil of two lessors' as someone once put it...
man...time to go burn some rubber and waste some soon to be 3 dollar gas(one advantage here- we still get 'relatively' cheep gas compared to many places, although not long ago it was a buck a gallon...

'Enjoying that Mustang' is easy to do...aint ever had so much fun driving a car...wish it had another 100 ft-lb off idle, and better engine braking when lifting throttle, but even as-is, it is just a ball to drive. At the rate I'm going, I'll likely be needing rear tires and a clutch by 10k though...onramps are a blast...5 minutes from work, often now takes 10, as highway is the long way- but more fun :)
Old 04-20-2006, 23:46   #4 (permalink)
FF.com Administrator

New Zealand is a great place ,and we do have oil here just not on the scale of the Middle East countries, but we still suffer from idotic laws and stupid behaivour from our politicians and law makers just like other countries do.

I just read in the local paper today of a Boat workshop that had a mechanic that was warned several times to stop over revving new boat engines as it may cause problems. After having some issues with engines that had been seriously over revved by this guy who was obviously just being a Pratt, he was given the sack. The sacked worker then took the workshop owner to court for wrongful dismissal and the court believed that even though he had been warned many times, the workshop should have given him more chances and warnings to mend his way's. The workshop had already suffered financially from this guy. The court ordered the workshop owner to pay $10,000 to the pratt for the humiliation of being sacked but reduced it to $5,000 as they thought he had done some wrong.

This sort of crap drives me mad and there are many more examples of this type of lunacy built into the laws here.
Old 04-21-2006, 20:18   #5 (permalink)

Exclamation Re: real or imagined... bird flu?

Maybe its real or not but With all the things happening today. The terrorisms, accident, tragedy and disaster. We really dont know what will happen tommorow or today! We need to be sure. We must insure ourselves. Me and my family just did that last month to Insurance Paylite I choose this company because most of my cousins and friends insured to them. Good luck..
alston66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 04:33   #6 (permalink)

real!
Old 04-24-2006, 20:27   #7 (permalink)
Old Ford Fan

yes...I shoulda worder differently- its very real, I think it was fatal in like 90 of 100 asian cases or somewhere around there...

bird flu: natural or 'engineered' outbreak? thats my worry.

just seems if you think about it, could produce some economic assistance for certain greedy governments...they have the technology, and if it hits, it would hit a lot of regions hard- perhaps regions that have been bombed for the past decade with vast oil reserves on the brink of civil war, or rapidly growing ecomomies rapidly pulling down others...CDC here mentioned possibly vaccines to 'most likely infected first' instead of weak/elderly as was always the norm(hey if they dont make it, it frees up a bunch of medicaid money)

gotta drag out the old soapbox for a sec- hey its just an opinion OK?

I cant help it but I dont trust our 'decider' as he pronounced himself last week. Oil men at the helm- now in their last terms- record oil profits. Coincidence?
Hussein a threat to the world? he didnt worry me...btw- remember who helped keep him in power back in the beginning? I think sometimes its handy to 'create a monster' on occasion to justify taking him out of power- along with a bit of oil...
a little birdflu could wipe out the bulk of the resistance in iraq/afghanistan-heck, iran and korea too...any place without well developed medical network is gonna be high mortality area- they'd be too busy to fight, and of course we could go in and help out to become best buddies.
I hope theres nothing sinister brewing, but in the last few years I wouldnt be suprised at anything. Our whole country hates Rumsfeld(near 80% anyway) our decider says he's right, and hes stickin with him, similar numbers are against making 'illegal immigrants' into 'guest workers' as the decider would like to, Every working man in the US feels shafted by NAFTA, but now the decider wants to allow CAFTA to further help our economy along...the middle class is dying out fast. Like 80% want a flat tax, instead, this year 85 more pages of loopholes added...'Unemployment rates arent that high' right now- well not if you dont count the millions whose benefits have already ran out, it also helps that number if you count the ex engineer working in a supermarket so he can have insurance as 'not unemployed' too...Both 'not working and not recieving benifits any longer', or 'working for less than half your last years pay' is still unemployed if you ask the guy standing in those shoes.
I for one cannot wait till our decider is unemployed...sadly though he's gonna be 'kept' pretty well after leaving anyhow.

OK- I put away the soapbox :)

Rolled over 3000 miles on the Mustang today- still a ball to drive, noticing the clutch aint barking tires as easy as it had been...wondering if its due to warmer rubber/asphalt, or simply abuse...probably a little of both, but I'm certain this will be my first stick to need a clutch replacement- Ive put over 60k on the others Ive had, no issues, but I was a bit more gentle on those...
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub