Really dumb reasons to crash! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2003, 00:21   #1 (permalink)
100% Speeding (when safe)

Really dumb reasons to crash!

I was at a girls party the other night, she had crashed her car a week earlier. She considers herself lucky to be alive, and why?
She was driving along on a 2 lane each way highway in the dark, no one around. Went off the road doing 100, span on grass up hill, and hit a tree fairly slowly, didnt write the car off but close.

The reason this happened was, well, she was trying to get a moth out of her window! Tried once, wouldnt go out, closed window, opened again, tried again, then off the road she went!
This could have been worse had there been a tree a bit closer to the road!

At the girls party, was another girl, who was on crutches, had a broken foot, hurt knee and many stitches on her face. She had crashed too. You think the 1st girls reason was bad, get this!

This one was driving along doing about 60, had a head on crash. The reason!? Well she sneezed!, and next thing she knew she was on the other side of the road and crashed badly. 2 other cars involved.

!!!
I just dont know what to say when i hear things like this, i just said to them you better concentrate. (I wanna give them lessons myself, show them how to correct from getting sideways, etc.) I think things like this is what kills people! Of course the Govt never mentions it(and would never find out for certain as it'd be impossible to prove) as there is no revenue in teaching young drivers how dangerous a car can be.

Why doesnt the licence process show people how easy it is to lose control at least? That should scare them into behaving and concentrating.

Of course they continue to tell us that speeding kills! (yeah right!never has, never will!) as there is easy revenue in it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2003, 00:54   #2 (permalink)
Mountain man'

Re: Really dumb reasons to crash!

i agree,
the only way you find out about it,
is if it happens to you
Old 12-03-2003, 00:59   #3 (permalink)
BOFH

But I thought if you did the speed limit you were perfectly safe. Thats wht they keep implying in the ads. You mean they are lieing to us???

Pathetic isnt it.

Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2003, 01:42   #4 (permalink)
100% Speeding (when safe)

yeah if you do the speed limit, it doesnt matter what you do, you cant crash!
Old 12-03-2003, 23:05   #5 (permalink)
Not a Twink

Classic storys. Glad to hear they managed to walk away from the prangs though.
honer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2003, 23:23   #6 (permalink)

LOL at caspers comments..
cars are a lethal weapon,your not invinsible when you get into one,and no matter how much skill you think you have,you are never in control you are always on the edge of death it may not happen today but if you keep driving like you do,you too will end up dead!
hoon69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2003, 23:43   #7 (permalink)
do YOU have rubber?

The sad thing is that although we laugh at caspers (rather funny) comment, the anti-speeding “every k over is a killer” bollocks breeds fools who honestly believe that a certain level of immortality exists below that magic number in the red circle.

Just you wait, as soon as they invent a sneeze-camera, it’ll be “this sneeze could be your last… every sneeze over is a KILLA”

Spastic government.
!Gn|T|0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2003, 05:39   #8 (permalink)

Actually sneezing for some people is a very violent and uncontrolled reaction - many accidents have been attributed to sneezeing. I sympathize with the girl who sneezed, but the moth, well, what can you say, did she think it was going to eat her or something?

Oh BTW, do you know any smart reasons to crash???
EVLfour.oneL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2003, 06:05   #9 (permalink)

its like anything, the more you tone it down the less accidents theyre will be

cant imagen any fatalities if the speed limit was 10kph and people actually obeyed it

"every k over is killa"
OverDose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2003, 06:21   #10 (permalink)
formerly sikEA

hrmmm and to think i had a near miss after dropping a violent fart......the induced dizzyness and desire to get the hell out I think were major contributions.

Lucky, i kept it all together and managed to flick the recirc off on the Climate Control. the fresh air prevented an untimely death, and perhaps a major accident.

Speed would not have been involved :)

...mmm clevo...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundeep
And Yagz, come back in six months faggot
old_mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub