The reason our insurance is so bloody high - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2004, 21:45   #1 (permalink)

The reason our insurance is so bloody high

Some idiots just f**k it up for the rest of us,

Yesterday I was entering the suburb I live in off the main road, when this P-plater motorcycle rider was following me REALLY closely. I was coming up to the turn off that I take, and usually i would arc out a bit to the right and take the left turn (the road is about 1.5x as wide as my ute at the most at this point) at which time I notice he has dissapeared from my rear view mirror, and is sitting directly in my blind spot trying to overtake me - on a section of single lane - one way traffic with Kerbs either side. if I had moved 30cm to the right at this point he would have been hit - there was no room for him at all.

Then this morning, driving up to a roundabout on the same road (same width)when the idiot appears again driving down the right side of all the cars im guessing but he was definitely over the speed limit (60), there was a truck in front of me that was pretty close to the right side of the road, and had left a gap on the left side. So as we were slowing down for the roundabout, when there was only abou 3-4m (and closing) between me and the truck, he decides to pass me, swerve through the gap (made me jump on the skids) and then continue overtaking everyone down the left side of the road.

Now Ive only seen this kid twice, and he definitely has not had that bike long, due to his extremely uncontrolled riding on it (braking and accellerating are no way near as smooth as they should be), but one day he will end up between the front of a ute and the back of a truck if he is not careful. and my insurance premiums (18-25yr old) will keep going up.

Rant over.
turboute is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2004, 22:09   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Re: The reason our insurance is so bloody high

Unfortunately mate the only way he will probably learn is when he crashes and hurts/kills himself or someone else. Im sure if you confronted him he would tell you where to go and that he is the best rider in the world and so on and so on. The other problem is that if you drag him off the bike and beat the piss out of him he will probably have you charged with assault. It sucks.
BlueAU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 22:09   #3 (permalink)
SBR Supporter

Re: The reason our insurance is so bloody high

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboute
Some idiots just f**k it up for the rest of us,

Yesterday I was entering the suburb I live in off the main road, when this P-plater motorcycle rider was following me REALLY closely. I was coming up to the turn off that I take, and usually i would arc out a bit to the right and take the left turn (the road is about 1.5x as wide as my ute at the most at this point) at which time I notice he has dissapeared from my rear view mirror, and is sitting directly in my blind spot trying to overtake me - on a section of single lane - one way traffic with Kerbs either side. if I had moved 30cm to the right at this point he would have been hit - there was no room for him at all.

Then this morning, driving up to a roundabout on the same road (same width)when the idiot appears again driving down the right side of all the cars im guessing but he was definitely over the speed limit (60), there was a truck in front of me that was pretty close to the right side of the road, and had left a gap on the left side. So as we were slowing down for the roundabout, when there was only abou 3-4m (and closing) between me and the truck, he decides to pass me, swerve through the gap (made me jump on the skids) and then continue overtaking everyone down the left side of the road.

Now Ive only seen this kid twice, and he definitely has not had that bike long, due to his extremely uncontrolled riding on it (braking and accellerating are no way near as smooth as they should be), but one day he will end up between the front of a ute and the back of a truck if he is not careful. and my insurance premiums (18-25yr old) will keep going up.

Rant over.
Good rant. People like that need to get life-bans from driving. Even our flawed driver training systems don't teach that kind of idiocy. That is natural born stupidity.

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub