Red faces at Ford over new model glitch - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2002, 17:43   #1 (permalink)
BSR B!tch

Red faces at Ford over new model glitch

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/20...538811870.html
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2002, 18:06   #2 (permalink)
We Love Greb Murpy

Quote:
Ford claims that if the clip is not properly located it may show up in the first few kilometres of driving.
what happened to the 35 test Kms on every new BA sold for the first few weeks?
ford.boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2002, 18:25   #3 (permalink)

My local dealer has a BA with 2 stickers saying its been on a test drive, total distance 60 something km's. Wonder if they found something wrong on the first test, fixed it then did it again??
Devil CV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2002, 18:40   #4 (permalink)
plonky

The Ford Motor Company just can't cop a trick with the gurus from The Age, can they! Maybe these 'fonts of knowledge' should be redeployed to Ford's Quality Control so that something like this will never happen again.
It still wouldn't make a difference, those 'gurus' will always find fault with a Ford!
Old 10-05-2002, 21:19   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

These things happen. One of the unfortunate things with early model testing is that is often done with pre-production components and thus full production can see issues like this popping their heads up.

My understanding is that the part concerned is an externally supplied component that obviously did not meet the quality standards of the development program samples.

Certainly all the early build Falcons were road tested although I don't know if they are still being - regardless of which these things will still slip through the cracks.

In my opinion credit should go to Ford for (1) advising the dealers and customers as fast as they did - and believe me it was fast after the first fault was identified (2) halting production at substantial cost while searching for a fix and (3) having the actual fix in the hands of the dealers by last thing Friday afternoon - less than 36 hours after the initial issue was identified.
Given the past history of some manufacturers in sitting on problems or quietly fixing them at scheduled service I am well impressed by this straightforward approach.

I am sure it didn't make GP feel like celebrating either but my hat is off for the excellent response.

Cheers
Russ
russellw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2002, 21:33   #6 (permalink)

I agree totally, Ford responded very quickly, but will this 'glitch' change the public view on the BA.

At least the public can be safe than sorry.
HOT Falcon 88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2002, 21:42   #7 (permalink)
Officially Bored with 347

Whats the drama here.......... You cant make an omlette without breaking a few eggs can you..
Better to be found now than later, afterall nothing is Perfect right!!!!!.....
Im still gonna get one!!

Member of the "TKTDSGM " Group..
svo347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2002, 21:47   #8 (permalink)
cArSiK

Quote:
Originally posted by HOT Falcon 88
I agree totally, Ford responded very quickly, but will this 'glitch' change the public view on the BA.
well the boyz at ls1.com.au have already started a thread....

http://www.ls1.com.au/forum/showthre...?threadid=5037

"Apparently a huge issue with the IRS collapsing!"

huge issue apparenly.... :fmad:
cArSiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2002, 21:54   #9 (permalink)
Wanting 5 Gears, Damnit!

Nar i was quite releaved in reading the ls1 thread when i first heard of the news.. I figured, if this is really a BIG issue - then the holden boys will be the ones to really rub it in, but i was greatful with their thoughtful posts =)
Its nothing really. It was only one vehicle that had this problem so its really only a precautionary measure. I mean, Ford could have ignored it .. and probably nothing would have eventuated anyways.
Good on ya Ford for your honesty in a time where its soo vital for the BA to succeed.

ChuBBz
Old 10-05-2002, 22:07   #10 (permalink)
EA Falcon owner

Quote"A potential problem with a retaining clip on a suspension component has forced Ford to suspend Falcon deliveries temporarily and ask dealers to check the item on all cars in stock"

Thats what it is a POTENTIAL PROBLEM, i man yeah it is a worry but it will be fixed and didnt AU have a similar recall?

no need to worry as long as it doesnt get HUGE media attention most perople wont know.

DAG-Nabit.com
FordLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub