Registration of the SA Branch of E-Series Falc. Club - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
¬Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2003, 04:40   #1 (permalink)
Death to Camry's!

Registration of the SA Branch of E-Series Falc. Club

GDay All,

After our last meet, I will say that it was the biggest and best meet that we have had in South Australia, I have been discussing with some members the possibility of registering the club in South Australia. With the help of Carazy's investigation we are looking to register with the ATO in SA and also try and register ourselves as an official club with CAMS.

So the big question is, what are peoples ideas?! Especially ideas from the SA members, when we do this a nominal fee will apply, this is yet to be determined, also we are in the process of seeking different discount levels with certain business to make being a member of the SA branch more appealing.

All your comments will be appreciated

Cheers,
Chris
MightyEFGhia is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2003, 05:52   #2 (permalink)
Are we there yet?

Top idea, I think. I don't mind paying a fee, not like $200 a year though, unless there is 2 tyres handed out at the start of each meet.

Like I was saying before in the PM's, I can help out in some ways.

If it gets registered, will we be a state branch of the E-series club, or a club that's south australian, if that makes sense!
95 EF Fairmont 5.0 - Heritage Green - 4 Speed auto with AU S5 - 3.23LSD - 17x8" LWT Wheels - King Superlows - 76mm Cobra MAF - 65mm throttle - BPT Underdrive Pulley Kit - 3" Mandrel-bent Lukey exhaust - Tinted Windows - MP3 CD player - White faced dials.

117rwKw - 15.47@89.9MPH
Aaron_EF8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2003, 06:01   #3 (permalink)
pR()rN_*

we were thinking more like a $1100 per year but thats only up untill a couple of us have enough cash to piss off to another country.
Seriously though we need to know what type of thing you people want and the types of discounts we should chase down to make membership more appealing.
Hey Aaron you have tax experiance right? Pm me your number and I'll give you a buzz.
Old 06-05-2003, 06:17   #4 (permalink)
Are we there yet?

You have PM....
95 EF Fairmont 5.0 - Heritage Green - 4 Speed auto with AU S5 - 3.23LSD - 17x8" LWT Wheels - King Superlows - 76mm Cobra MAF - 65mm throttle - BPT Underdrive Pulley Kit - 3" Mandrel-bent Lukey exhaust - Tinted Windows - MP3 CD player - White faced dials.

117rwKw - 15.47@89.9MPH
Aaron_EF8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2003, 06:47   #5 (permalink)
Blue Blooded Ford Fan

I think the fee should only be $5 or $10 to start off, just to cover any registration cost (of the club i mean) and that includes a membership card in a laminated style, like most library cards etc. Then we can get a list of places together that will give us discount upon presentation of the card.
To become a registered club and become incorporated (for protection of members etc) we need a constitution. I can get hold of the Falcon GT Club of SA constitution, which is incorporated, so we can use it as a guide for our own wording.
Finally, If we register the club i think we would need to hold an online vote for positions within the club, positions such as
President
Vice President
Treasurer
Secretary
Events Co-ordinator

My 2.2c (inc GST)

Lee

'69 XW Fairmont GS (GT Replica), Reef Green 351c 2V (not for long ), Top Loader, 9" with 3.55's,
RedEF6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2003, 07:00   #6 (permalink)
Often has bolts left over

It'd be good if we got a sticker similar to the eafalcon.com ones with our membership. more important though, DISCOUNTS!.
Old 06-05-2003, 07:21   #7 (permalink)
Serving Defect #3

I may be able offer discounted labour rate on work to your cars, maybe...dunno, but i'll see what I can do.
I'll have to talk to the guys and see what they say, but consider it a distinct possibility.

Most of the work we do is on weeknights and weekends when someone we know rings us cause their car has shit itself in some way.

As you know we are also doing the full conversion on my car and have done a number of engine rebuilds on various other cars as well.

Let me know what you think

Regards

Daniel
fordfan351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2003, 16:32   #8 (permalink)

With the whole stickers to registered members thing, i'd be fine producing them then sending them to the state reps.
aslong as i was able to cover my costs and time.
all depends on what comes out as the final fee.
i'm already doing them fairly cheap compared to the likes of the Fordforums ones *wink wink*
1995 EF II Falcon GLi: Heritage Green, 4spd Auto, AUII 17" Rims, Custom BA Front Bar, Lowered, Gas Research LPG, Clear Indicators, JVC MP3 Headunit, Phoenix Gold 6.5" Splits, Coustic 481QE Amp, Clarion 12" sub, Leather Seats, Power Window Conversion, 3.45 LSD, Pacemaker Comp Extractors, 2.5" Exhaust, Mandrel Bent Intake, High Flow Filter, Wade 1004 110 cam.

In Progress: BA XR Side Skirts, BA XR Rear bar, BA Shifter Handle.

Want your EF on effalcon.com? Drop me a PM!
E-Series Club Stickers Here!

E-Series Moderator/Membership Officer/Webmaster/Cruise Official
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2003, 17:17   #9 (permalink)
pR()rN_*

I don't really think we should vote for the positions in the club. Not to begin with anyway.
I think the most able people should simply have the position to begin with and then if the club goes ok maybe have elections every year or so.
My reasoning behind this is that if Chris and others have spent so much time and effort on the club but arn't well liked they missout on their own Idea. Then what about Treasurer? I'd rather just have someone that actully knows what they're doing from the get go.
Lets face it democracy is great but it's a slow and indesisive process that will slow us down to much to early.
carazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2003, 17:28   #10 (permalink)
E-Series Acting VP

Quote:
Originally posted by carazy
I don't really think we should vote for the positions in the club. Not to begin with anyway.
I think the most able people should simply have the position to begin with and then if the club goes ok maybe have elections every year or so.
My reasoning behind this is that if Chris and others have spent so much time and effort on the club but arn't well liked they missout on their own Idea. Then what about Treasurer? I'd rather just have someone that actully knows what they're doing from the get go.
Lets face it democracy is great but it's a slow and indesisive process that will slow us down to much to early.

I'm actually looking into a national club registration at the moment, so there'd be no need at this point in time to register just the SA branch. If it turns out that national registration is not possible, then we may have to look at registering each state individually, but obviously national registration would be the preferred option.

Cheers,
Dave

BTW From what I've found out so far, any members in a position of power (ie. the janitor doesn't count ) MUST be voted in. It'd be a shame if people who deserve to be in a position lose their position as a result of this, but it doesn't look like there's a way around it (at least I haven't found one yet!).

Thanatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub