Regretted Purchases - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2002, 02:23   #1 (permalink)
My name is Forrest....

Regretted Purchases

Sitting here at the moment, listening to my wife sing to the George Michael DVD I bought her for christmas, got me to thinking, What have I bought that I really regret paying for??

1: Sega Saturn : $400 bucks, threw it in the bin last year

2: Pentium 233MMX : $2500 blew up two years ago

3: 1986 Sigma Sedan Auto : $5000, what a s**tbox

I suppose if I was to think pragmatically I would probably add the XR ute, but I can't do that its tooooo much fun to drive!
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2002, 03:06   #2 (permalink)

1 Toshiba DVD player
2 Golf membership every year
3 Motor mag subscription
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2002, 03:10   #3 (permalink)
goooone

I bought a pair of FTR boxers on the weekend . They were 1/2 price mabey the people at GBs knew something b4 we did
Mr Jucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2002, 03:26   #4 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

1. 1985 GM Gemini - lasted 10 months.
2. Various Jewlery items for ex girlfriends - Damn waste of good oxygen most of 'em..
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2002, 03:31   #5 (permalink)
goooone

That reminds me actually went through heaps of cash on my ex g/f TV VCR even an engagement ring but it was worth it all to get rid of her
Mr Jucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2002, 03:48   #6 (permalink)

hmmm... good question... most my purchases are thought over repeatedly, but the only one i can think of right now is buying Infest, by Papa Roach. there's one good song on it... everything else is crap!
Old 02-07-2002, 13:13   #7 (permalink)
gone

Geez

This is a hard one, im a gadget person, so basically after the initial play period wears off I regret its purchase, that would account for several in any one week! DOH!
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2002, 15:21   #8 (permalink)

spent $5200 on a P2-266 pc about 4 years ago.
Aussie Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2002, 15:35   #9 (permalink)
I want a turtle!

Quote:
Originally posted by laminge
Geez

This is a hard one, im a gadget person, so basically after the initial play period wears off I regret its purchase, that would account for several in any one week! DOH!
Hehehe... my father was like that. He had to have the best of anything and everything... all the latest gadgets... it actually worked out well for me - cos I would get the stuff he didnt want anymore.
Old 02-07-2002, 15:45   #10 (permalink)
Australian Ford Member

Triumph 2500S in 1979. Beautiful, Michellotti designed, signal (like Ferrari) red English sporting saloon with walnut dash and door caps and tacho and proper round white on black instruments and electric overdrive on 3rd and 4th and velour seats and nice chrome. Pretty flash at the time. Poor man's Jag. Loved the look of it and still fond of it.

Actually a nicely designed piece of shit put together by apes and powered by a 1930's tractor engine (true - it was a 6 cyl development of 4 cyl?Fergie donk, which powered the 4 cyl Triumphs) with legendary unreliability. Good long legged tourer, but I wasn't game to take it out of the city after a while in case it died. Up to three clutches a year, and bloody expensive - about $500- $600 a throw then, so probably three or four times that in today's money. Put electronic ignition on it to cure some problems and couldn't be tuned by professional because dizzy (bloody Lucas - Prince of Darkness!) ground wrong. Saw one recently with a full service history that had had a full engine rebuild at something like 30,000 to 40,000k, and major problems in just about every area from delivery. No wonder Leyland & BMC went broke.

Just to prove I've learned absolutely nothing, one of these days I'm going to get a bright red or jade green Triumph Stag with a 4.4 Leyland conversion and Celica/Supra box and tool around like the old dork I am.
EA S is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub