remote controlled helicopters - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2002, 04:52   #1 (permalink)

remote controlled helicopters

Hello everyone,

I sore/saw on television a while back a kiddies show, but a segment of this kiddies show was about remote controlled helicopters.

Now i reckon these are really really really really cool, and i wan't one. But the problem is i have no idea where to get one from, so what im asking is WHERE DO I BUY REMOTE CONTROLLED HELICOPTERS??? in perth?

Thanks for your help fellas/gals.

Matt
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2002, 03:26   #2 (permalink)

Not sure about Perth in particular,,but any hobby shop should be able to help......
Devil CV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2002, 04:05   #3 (permalink)
explo

discount hobbies supplies-augusta st willeton 93543019
Old 08-03-2002, 05:17   #4 (permalink)
Evil Holden Overlord

http://www.hobbynet.com.au

warning: the prices for a RC Heli aint pretty ... :(
Hobbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2002, 05:23   #5 (permalink)
At the 3FB Cheese Wheel

Quote:
Originally posted by Hobbes
http://www.hobbynet.com.au

RC Heli's aint pretty when the hit the ground either.

They are quite hard to fly until you are used to them. If you would like some advice: Buy a cheap one first, crash it a few times and once you get the hang of it then buy a good one.

They are adictive though!!!!
Old 08-03-2002, 05:33   #6 (permalink)
Mmm, high pressure wash.

Quote:
Originally posted by Hobbes
I was interested in RC Heli's as well because when I was a kid there was a guy around here who had a few and would fly them in the local park. It was great fun watching him do various aerial tricks with it.

Anyway, I did some investigating on the net a few years ago and yes they are very pricey, and also very difficult to control. Takes a lot of learning and practise. The advice that most hobbyists gave was to buy an el-cheapo heli because you will almost certainly crash it. Dunno about you but I'd rather crash a <$1,000 heli than a >$5,000 one!

Because of the costs you have to be sure you want to do this as a hobby. I never got into it because of the costs.

Have you thought about RC aeroplanes? Much cheaper...

EDIT: Argh, Jamie you beat me to it!:s3
3Toed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2002, 04:16   #7 (permalink)

birds fly high but....

Always wanted a RC plane like a Harrier or B29. Fill them full of 4mm rockets and bombard the neighbours with them. They even have jet powered RC planes, that go very fast however fuel economy is scarce and the need expert control so they don't fly out of range or create or ahem, a mini-airshow disaster. It would be even better with a helicopter as you can hover and chase your target down. Even cheaper when the airforce has its once in a while auctions pick up a RPV minus the goodies and then turn it into a proxy spy plane!

I used to have a model Saturn V rocket kit mad fun, dirt cheap, though I lost the rocket one day when I put quad propellants and she probably is low level orbiting earth or has been quarrantined by the Chinese Govt for diving into restricted airspace.
The Fonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2002, 07:37   #8 (permalink)

Gee... didn't realize they'll be so expensive. Think i'd need to leave it for a bit. Thats good money that could be going towards the car!
Old 08-04-2002, 15:25   #9 (permalink)
Crikey

Re: birds fly high but....

Quote:
Originally posted by The Fonz

I used to have a model Saturn V rocket kit mad fun, dirt cheap, though I lost the rocket one day when I put quad propellants and she probably is low level orbiting earth or has been quarrantined by the Chinese Govt for diving into restricted airspace.

Hehehe, that's funny Fonz
Blurter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2002, 17:28   #10 (permalink)
T5 Expert Operator

Like a few guys here i'm Radio Control hobby crazy. But i know cost prevented me from trying out Plans and Heli's. Even on RC cars once you put a powerful electric motor 30,000rpm+ you can crash sooo easily speeds of 60km/h+ is more than achievable. Petrol ones go even faster.

For a good electric RC car it's not hard to spend $1500 one with all the go-fast goodies.

For me once my finances a easier, i would like to get back in the RC car world, by getting another electric car.

AUII Late Ed XR6 HP T5 Venom- Full Tickford Body Kit, 17in Wheels, Herrod Bi-plane Spoiler, Momo Steer/Gear, T-Series Interior Options, Premium Stereo and a very light-tuned 4.0L I6

(FPV-Tickford Club of NSW Member and Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, Ford Forums Food Bandits)
XR_Strider_GuY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub