Rental Cars - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2001, 05:42   #1 (permalink)
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog

Rental Cars

I normally hire cars from hertz. Therefore they are Fords. However, today I got a car from Avis. Statesman with 19700km.
This car is junk already. It clunks in the steering so badly that I can feel it through the floor. The front door seals leak (wind noise), and the automatic trans doesn't know what it's doing. Even worse, it's a VERY big car but the boot is tiny and the C-hinges interfere with the CD stacker. I could barely fit my Mountain Bike in the boot!
If it was screwed together properly it would be okay (looks better than Fairlane I have to say). Just needs a V8 (although being a renter it goes harder than normal Statesmans )

'General' Dog - AP's German Shepherd and Best Mate - 02Dec1998-15Dec2003.
'Pepper' Dog - General's and My Little German Shepherd Sweetie - 1996?-02Apr2006.

'Sako' Dog - My Beautiful and Pretty German Shepherd - 2001?-23Aug2006.
Aussie Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2001, 06:35   #2 (permalink)
Nacho Nacho Man!

Last time work sent me to the UK, I had a Mondeo from Hertz - went pretty good I thought. I swear, those poms know how to drive on motorways! 160kph and courteous at the same time. I started at the speed limit (drove between Heathrow and Dudley, which is west of Birmingham) which was 70mph, and everyone was passing me. Eventually I was doing 100mph :D (160kph+) and I was still being passed! However, everyone sticks to the left and only move into right lanes when required (beamers and stuff doing 100+mph. Even at 100mph, I was rarely in the 3rd lane. Very much unlike morons on our roads who think the middle lane is the slow lane... or is that just an M4 thing, since it was 2 lanes for so long? :confused:
Old 05-24-2001, 14:16   #3 (permalink)

Last time I rented from Avis I got an AU1 Forte. Can't remember how many K on it but it was quite nice. Got abit scary on the Calder hiway doing 120km/h but I found out that it had been in a big bingle. The Avis agent was a small Holden dealer so I had to park it in the driveway. The manager commented that I got the best car in the fleet he had!
Old 05-24-2001, 23:30   #4 (permalink)
Forever Ford Follower

I read today in the Financial Review that Hertz are planning on buying 1700 Lasers between now and the end of the year. Its amazing how well the Laser is doing these days.. You wouldn't imagine hiring a Laser 4 years ago...

http://www.autoweb.com.au/start_/sho...1/article.html
XLR8_2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2001, 22:49   #5 (permalink)
gone

The last time I rented a car it was a Dodge Viper

But, normally it has to be a Ford, so I usually shop around until I can get one from the various interstate rental companies
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2001, 23:11   #6 (permalink)
Mmmm, forbidden donut

Hertz was recently acquired by the Ford motor company...

Methinks that the purchase of Lasers may not just be a coincidence
The Mighty XE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2001, 23:16   #7 (permalink)
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog

FMC have been a stakeholder in Hertz for a long time (if memory serves me right).

'General' Dog - AP's German Shepherd and Best Mate - 02Dec1998-15Dec2003.
'Pepper' Dog - General's and My Little German Shepherd Sweetie - 1996?-02Apr2006.

'Sako' Dog - My Beautiful and Pretty German Shepherd - 2001?-23Aug2006.
Aussie Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub