reporting stupid driving - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2002, 02:24   #1 (permalink)

reporting stupid driving

Theres this young hooligan that has appeared around my area. His driving style, to say the least, is very very appauling.

Every time i see him, he is doing burnouts, flinging it round corners or just doing something plain stupid.

He did a burnout out the front of where i work, and then i see him a couple of days later swinging it around a corner.

I just saw him again today and, suprise suprise, he did a burnout taking off from a set of traffic lights.

He drives a lowered red VN dunnydore, which must be manual, and has a huge gay tacho hanging off his dash. Today when i saw him, I grabbed his license plate number.

And regarding the burnout he did at my workplace, it would have been recorded on camera. I don't know if his license plate would have turned out, and its in black n white.

Now do i have any grounds to report this driving and will anything be done about it??
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2002, 02:33   #2 (permalink)

Yes and yes, well maybe - all depends if the cops "know" him already.
Old 10-06-2002, 02:49   #3 (permalink)
FPV

Yes i say you should go to the cops cos he is not going to stop untill he gets a vist from a Cop to scare him

420+rwhp
Old 10-06-2002, 02:54   #4 (permalink)
Officially Bored with 347

Do the right thing & let him have a visit from the local "Establishment"..... Who knows you could have just saved someones life

Member of the "TKTDSGM " Group..
Old 10-06-2002, 06:25   #5 (permalink)
cArSiK

why get involved .....if he does it all the time , he will come accross a cop soon enough and will get caught in the act....
Old 10-06-2002, 08:37   #6 (permalink)
Interloper from LS1.com

Is there a traffic safety number you can call in Aus?

I remember in NZ when i was still living over there we had a *555 number you could call from a mobile and report hazards/goonish driving
Old 10-06-2002, 08:41   #7 (permalink)
Why me?

I reported a young hoon in a Gemini who lived 2 doors down.
I went into the local cop shop in person & gave them a list of dates & approximate times that he had done dangerous & stupid things. The cop sat down at the computer, looked up the details & then thanked me. He also told me they need more than one report before they will do anything, and he had already been noticed. Less than 10 minutes later (I'd only just put the car in the garage) a caged truck turned up out the front of his house. From what the next-door neighbour tells me, he took a real fright, and his driving style is now somewhat subdued.

I used to live next door to a HWP copper, and he would often tell me of local cars that were "on-notice" Apparently they had a whiteboard at the station with these details on it, and when one of these cars were spotted, they were to be given "extra attention"

I reckon you should report him, but do it in person to show you're serious. Turn up armed with a list like I did. From the sounds of his behavior, you probably won't be the first report, but the more evidence, the stronger the case, and the more likely they will pay him a visit. If they don't pay him a personal visit, at least they will know who to look out for.
Old 10-06-2002, 09:36   #8 (permalink)

i rang and enquired today... They said i have to go down to the cop shop, and fill out about a zillion forms then i'll prolly have to go to court.

I don't have time for this sort of crap, so i guess im not gonna worry about it. Just wait for him to learn the hard way, when he wraps it around a telephone pole. P platers in dunnydores seem to have a liking to telephone poles, trees etc....
Old 10-06-2002, 09:59   #9 (permalink)
No More Shaggin Wagon

Are you serious????
What if in a week you find out that in fact he did wrap it around a pole or crashed in a family coming home from the royal show!!!!!!!!
How will you feel then?? It is unlikely that you'll have to go to court you proberly spoke to some lazy cop who couldn't be bothered with the paperwork.
A little drive down the the cop shop could save someones life and if he still persists after you reported it then at least you tried.
Old 10-07-2002, 02:35   #10 (permalink)
Blue Blooded Ford Man

I reakon you should just forget it. Leave him alone, he will eventually get caught-killed-blow up his car,grow out of it etc.
If he hasnt done any harm to you why dob him in, there is nothing really wrong with laying a bit of rubber IMO.
If he racing around in populated areas/busy places were others could be at harm i dont agree with that however.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub