Responsible journalism or simple payola - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
¬Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2004, 04:06   #1 (permalink)
freelance

Thumbs down Responsible journalism or simple payola

That well known media clown Richard Carlton does it again. What a nice little earner.

Step 1.
Whip up a public controversy with on something that will get to the soul of the Phone and SMS savvy youth sector.

Step 2.
Use the usual suggestion then retraction tactics of some halfwit politician, Such as the Right Honerable and Downright loopy Mr Scully. "Teen driver Curfews" yeah that one will cause a frenzy.

Step 3.
Carefully select mailbag letters to further hammer home your usual bias on the following weeks episode.

Step 4.
Offer an outragously priced nothing poll for voice and SMS calls to allow the mass outraged to vent their spleens at 55c per minute.

Simple really , you make another quick million or two for KP, some notariety for yourself and your grubbly little program of biased opinion, and the public are none the wiser.

Nuh-uh!!! Your not getting my $1.65 in this lifetime.

The P-Plate issue has been discussed in other threads and has valid arguements for both sides. But this money make nonsense on 60 minutes, TT, and ACA is just rude. Vote on their meaningless polls and you become the sucker!!!!!
RED_EL_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2004, 04:39   #2 (permalink)
BA Fairmont ZL Fairlane

Re: Responsible journalism or simple payola

these shows are targeted at the halfwit narrow minded public that doesnt know Lego from a house brick.
i havent seen the show you refered to but im assuming its 60 minutes which is one of the most narrow minded shows that are on air today (apart from Ray Martin).
if only you could get a more biased narrow minded view on any topic you could start your own show and make a killing.
Old 08-15-2004, 04:50   #3 (permalink)
.au member

Yep, i was waiting for someone to comment on this. There's a definite ulterior motive in their portrayal and reporting of this story - did anyone happen to see the first letter they read about it from the mailbag?

39yr old, openly admitting to writing off 3 (i think) cars and drink driving in his younger days.

And yet they tell us that the current generation of P platers is the 'worst'.
Old 08-15-2004, 05:00   #4 (permalink)

Just face it, "p" platers have always been targeted, just that lately "p" platers have been adding much, much more fuel to the fire.
I know it's only the small minority doing this, but the shit still sticks.
Old 08-15-2004, 05:18   #5 (permalink)
freelance

You guys dont get it do you. There is another thread close by to argue the P-Plate debate.

Dont let the media whip you into a paying frenzy with these dumb-ass polls, all they will show is a (hopefully untampered) cross section of the opions of the gullible.
RED_EL_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004, 09:34   #6 (permalink)
The Guy You Love To Hate

Too right. I have to admit, my blood starts boiling when i see the unfairly represnted polls on P-platers and stuff, and get the urge to vote just to add my 2c. But really, who gives a **** wat Ray Martin thinks

Just another Eseries...
T_Terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub