The Retrosexual movement - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2004, 21:58   #1 (permalink)
Sandwich Connoisseur

Tongue The Retrosexual movement

I got this emailed to me from dad back home. Thought it might get a few laughs. I reckon it fits me to a tee.

Enjoy
Donno
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I took this off another board as I thought it was "spot on"!

You've probably heard of the term 'metrosexual', or stupid things like 'queer eye for the straight guy'. Well here is the latest movement, the Retrosexual!
Ok folks, I have had it. Every time my TV is on, all that can be seen is effeminate men redecorating houses, talking about foreign concepts like "style", and "fixing" guys like myself. Real men of the world, stand up, scratch your butt, belch, and yell, "ENOUGH!" I hereby announce the start of a new offensive in the culture wars, the Retrosexual movement.

The Code
A Retrosexual DEALS with it. Be it a flat tire, break-in into your home, or a natural disaster, you DEAL WITH IT.
A Retrosexual not only eats red meat, he often kills it himself.
A Retrosexual doesn't worry about living to be 90. It's not how long you live, but how well. If you're 90 years old and still smoking cigars and drinking, I salute you.
A Retrosexual does not use more hair or skin products than a woman. Women have several supermarket aisles of stuff. Retrosexuals need 1
A Retrosexual does not dress in clothes from Hot Topic when he's 30 years old.
A Retrosexual should know how to properly kill stuff if need be. This falls under the "dealing with it" portion of The Code.
A Retrosexual watches no TV show with "Queer" in the title.
A Retrosexual does not let neighbors screw up rooms in his house on national TV.
A Retrosexual should not give up excessive amounts of manliness for sex. Some is inevitable, but major re-invention of yourself will only lead to you becoming a froo-froo little wuss, and in the long run, she ain't worth it.
A Retrosexual is allowed to seek professional help for major mental stress such as drug/alcohol addiction, death of your entire family in a freak treechipper accident, favorite sports team being moved to a different city etc. You are NOT allowed to see a shrink because Daddy didn't pay you enough attention. Daddy was busy DEALING WITH IT. When you screwed up, he DEALT with you. Buck up WUSSY.
A Retrosexual will have at least one outfit in his wardrobe designed to conceal himself from prey.
A Retrosexual does not strip naked, get into a sweat lodge, and bang on drums to bond with other guys. That stuff is gay. However dressing in kilts, banging on drums around a campfire, and drinking heavily is just fine.
A Retrosexual should have at least one good wound he can brag about getting. (If not, he can borrow some from a friend who has enough wound stories to last for 3 lifetimes)
A Retrosexual knows how to use a basic set of tools. If you can't hammer a damn nail, or drill a straight hole, practice in secret until you can or be rightfully ridiculed for the wuss you be.
A Retrosexual does not order an apple martini at the bar. Get a beer and a shot of scotch or burbon.
A Retrosexual knows that owning a gun is not a sign that you are riddled with fear, or are trying to make up for a small penis. Guns are TOOLS and are often essential to DEAL with it. Plus it's just plain fun to shoot.

Note:
Crying. There are very few reason that a retrosexual may cry, and none of them have to do with TV commercials, movies, or soap operas. Sports teams are sometimes a reason to cry, but the preferred method of release is swearing or throwing the remote control. Some reasons a retrosexual can cry include ( but are not limited to) death of a loved one, death of a pet ( fish do NOT count as pets in this case), loss of a major body part.

I6, 5sp Factory Manual , Wade 1636, Pacemaker PH4480s, HF Cat, Cat-Back 2 1/2" Mandrel Bent Lukey Zorst, Car-puter, XR Front and AUII Clear Side Indicators.

Dull Alloy factory mags, ooo yeah.

Proud TQE Operator

Last edited by donno; 04-01-2004 at 22:22.
donno is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2004, 22:04   #2 (permalink)
BOFH

Re: The Retrosexual movement

YAY!!! About bloody time it was said!!

I'm a Retrosexual and proud of it. Now go get me a beer biatch!

Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 22:16   #3 (permalink)
So Play Nice

Deal with it!
OFR #23

Member - ATPS - Automatic Transmission Preservation Society

SVO Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 22:20   #4 (permalink)
Chasing 500rwkw

Ahh it is okay to be what I am. I am RETROSEXUAL and IM PROUD OF IT.
DansEdgli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 22:34   #5 (permalink)
Lamahs approve of manuals

It all started to go wrong with the "snag" crap . . and its gone downhill from there . . .
I'm happily a retrosexual.
A Retrosexual DEALS with it. Be it a flat tire, break-in into your home, or a natural disaster, you DEAL WITH IT.
XR8 Lamah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 00:51   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Down with nancy boys!

I'll listen to heavy metal, play with cars, shoot stuff and drink beer as much as I want, I don't care what some 'queer' guy tells me I should do.
psycho chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 01:05   #7 (permalink)
FCT ROCKS QLD

Im a RETROSEXUAL and DAMN bloody proud of it.

1989 EA Fairmont Ghia With a Factory fitted 5 speed.
Mags, K&N Filter, big stereo.

Proud TQE Operator

15.959 @ 138.74 kms at Willowbank on the 13th October
RIP 6/91 EA Falcon Caught fire and burned to death
nudge4031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 01:11   #8 (permalink)

I like it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho chicken

I'll listen to heavy metal
Laurz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 01:12   #9 (permalink)
BOFH

Notice no where in the list did it approve of 2 retrosexuals shareing a bloody umbrella? It's just NOT DONE!

Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 01:14   #10 (permalink)

Laurz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub