Revenue Cameras - An Example - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2002, 01:08   #1 (permalink)
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog

mad Revenue Cameras - An Example

Just watched 'A Current Affair' on which they showed a speed camera equipped vehicle at the side of a multi-lane road. The display clearly showed the limit was set at 54km/h with at least one motorist being hit at a speed of 58km/h.

Honestly, motorists are getting sick of this treatment. They don't believe this road safety message anymore. All these cameras, all these lasers, all these radars, and yet look at the road toll.

Liars, liars, scum pollies. And I won't say what I think of the majority of Highway Patrol......

'General' Dog - AP's German Shepherd and Best Mate - 02Dec1998-15Dec2003.
'Pepper' Dog - General's and My Little German Shepherd Sweetie - 1996?-02Apr2006.

'Sako' Dog - My Beautiful and Pretty German Shepherd - 2001?-23Aug2006.
Aussie Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2002, 01:24   #2 (permalink)
Mmm, high pressure wash.

On a similar note, did anyone see Today Tonight? They was a story on slow drivers in the right hand lane. Seems the cops are cracking down on it and issuing fines. A guy got booked $118/4 points for doing 80km/h in the right lane of a 90km/h zone.

About time, too. Damn road hogs. Makes me want to get a Hummer with a bullbar to "encourage" slow drivers along...
3Toed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2002, 01:44   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by 3Toed
On a similar note, did anyone see Today Tonight? They was a story on slow drivers in the right hand lane. Seems the cops are cracking down on it and issuing fines. A guy got booked $118/4 points for doing 80km/h in the right lane of a 90km/h zone.

About time, too. Damn road hogs. Makes me want to get a Hummer with a bullbar to "encourage" slow drivers along...
Damn, I missed that one. So true, but I'll believe it when I see it.

'Pepper' Dog - General's and My Little German Shepherd Sweetie - 1996?-02Apr2006.

Old 01-03-2002, 07:04   #4 (permalink)
goooone

Quote:

I wish it will never happen they are just trying to distract us
Mr Jucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2002, 07:21   #5 (permalink)
a little bit sideways

eek

speed cameras for revenue???? never! they are a valuable tool in reducing the road toll.

oops, sorry, not sure what happened there.

i once had a cop tell me that a camera, "properly set up" can pay for itself in a week. i think he meant a good stretch of road where lots of cars go by. and they cost $80k each. i think i might get myself one of those. park a van at the side of the road, spend the day sleepinh / reading and make more money in a week than i could normally in a year.

further evidence, as if any was needed, is the recent introduction of the 50kmh limit in back streets in perth. lots of people jumped up and down saying it was ridiculous. lots of others reckoned it would save millions of lives each year (one woman wrote into the paper to say she wouldnt have to be so careful crossing the road now!!!), but i have just sat back and listened to the facts. the cops have said "we will be policing this, but will not use multinovas". which means that if they stuck a camera on my street, they may book 10 cars in a day. if they chose a nice straight stretch of highway instead, they could book 1000, 2000, ???? many.

so, if it isnt going to be enforced, then what is the difference.

remember, it is only a crime if you get caught :O
rsgerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2002, 14:39   #6 (permalink)

Re: Revenue Cameras - An Example

Quote:
Originally posted by Aussie Pete
Just watched 'A Current Affair' on which they showed a speed camera equipped vehicle at the side of a multi-lane road. The display clearly showed the limit was set at 54km/h with at least one motorist being hit at a speed of 58km/h.

I didn't actually see the show, only the previews but I would be guessing the speed limit for that road was 50km/h and that the cop had the radar/camera thingy set to trigger at 54km/h and then you say the motorist got booked at 58km/h. Fair enough. He was 8km/h over the speed limit. Whether that speed limit is suitable for that area is a whole new can of worms...

Quote:

I saw that one too! About time the cops started cracking down on these morons that drive below the speed limit in the right hand lane.
There was a blurb on the Canberra news that the local cyclist group Pedal Power want bull bars banned from surburban streets because they claim the potential for greater injury or death if a cyclist or pedestrian gets hit by a vehicle equipped with one. Fair point I suppose but extremely hard to enforce. Just because a person lives in a city doesn't mean that that's the only place they ever drive. Some people might do regular country driving, say every weekend to visit friends or rellies or even for work. A lot of sales reps for various companies are based in say Sydney or Canberra and travel all round the countryside seeing their clients, they would be disadvantaged if a law was brought in outlawing bullbars.
Another downside to this that could affect us all if bullbars were banned is that insurance premiums could rise if more people started claiming for damages after they hit some wildlife in their unprotected cars. Good news for panel shops though...

____o00o_=^..^=_o00o____
Falchoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2002, 14:51   #7 (permalink)
Shh i'm huntin more power

It's funny actually (well this isn't that funny) how they say speed kills and everyone needs to drive under the speed. Who's the latest edition to the road toll down here???? A 15 year old girl who stole a gemini and crashed it into a pole. Now i know there's alot of crashes that shouldn't happen (including this one) but my question is do you beleive that they should put things like this down on the official road toll???? It's harsh i know, just wondering what everyone thinks coz it seems there's always a few of these events that happen throughout the year ie. underage joyriders, theives with no licence etc....
Jase_ELXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2002, 17:29   #8 (permalink)

Re: Re: Revenue Cameras - An Example

FALCHOON:
Re the 58/50 revenue camera. It was a multilane road. That's not the 'residential' street thing that 50km/h was brought in for was it? Think of the person who deas 55 and gets done by this camera. Gimme a break.... :crazy1: :dead:

Old 01-04-2002, 19:46   #9 (permalink)
Australian Ford Member

Most low speed limits are bullshit, and so is their enforcement, and most people know it.

I think that is what I have been trying to convey in some of my slightly longer and better researched posts on the topic.
EA S is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub