Revenue Raising @#$%^#$#! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2004, 03:01   #1 (permalink)
Previously XR8_Ute

Revenue Raising @#$%^#$#!'s

I've been hearing lots of reports on the radio and telly lately about rediculous tickets being issued by the cops. Well today i experienced it first hand.

Near where i live, in a place where there are cars for sale all the time, i left my 4Runner to try and sell it. Anyways, it was about 20 feet off the road in a large gravel area (looks like a carpark). It was away from any obstacles and there is no kerb side guttering or anything. So i've parked it there facing toward the road (which is miles away) and left.
Tonight i go back to get the car (no phonecalls doh) and there's the bloody ticket. And the pathetic offence written on the notice is exactly this in messy writting "Not parrallel park near left" A major !

What the hell is that? Near left of what? There was nothing to park left of? I wasn't on the side of the road, there was no kerb, no where to parrallel park.....

The worst part is they've made it so there's nothing you can do about it short of going to court. No-one's going to bother going to court over $68, and thats exactly why they've done it. There's a note on the envelope saying thr Infringement mob can't reduce penalty etc. So there's no more writing a letter of complaint.
It absolutely shits me, with all the crime going on around, they have nothing better to do than pull up off a major Highway, drive over to my car which isn't effectively on any roads, and give me an infringment notice.

Previously: AUII XR8 ute which I miss!

Last edited by -Nemesis-; 04-18-2004 at 03:12.
-Nemesis- is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2004, 03:04   #2 (permalink)
BOFH

Re: Revenue Raising @#$%^#$#!

Quote:
No-one's going to bother going to court over $68
I am, I'm takeing the council to court over a $60 parking ticket. I suggest you do the same. The time has come for us all to stop bending over to be shafted and send a clear message that stealth taxes will NOT be tolerated.

Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 03:11   #3 (permalink)
Previously XR8_Ute

What was yours? Not parrallel park upside down or something as rediculous?

Old 04-18-2004, 04:08   #4 (permalink)
MkII Cortina Owner

Hey,

Protest it! You might win before it gets to court. Call the Infringement Processing Bureau and complain about the fine.

I just had a fine overturned - It was for travelling on a train in Western Sydney without a ticket. Except the fine didn't have my full name (missed out the middle name or its initial) and used an address I haven't lived at for about 10 years (mum and dads). And it was issued during work hours - I live and work in Newcastle.

So I write to them thinking - straight forward, no problems - mainly to make Dad happy. I inform them of the error, and that the fine could not relate to me as the issuing officer could not have seen any identification.

Get told that even though they didn't have my full name or current address, they were still going to take me to court if I didn't pay up. I says "Fine" and write a letter to the effect, stating I could easily prove them wrong and was willing to produce witnesses. Several letters were passed until the fine went across the desk of someone of importance at the Infringement Processing Bureau.

End Result was a very nice letter apologizing for the inconvience and an assurance I'd never hear of the fine again. So that letter is getting framed. I've never had a fine overturned before - gives you a nice warm fuzzy feeling inside! The amount saved doesn't matter, only your name matters.

L8a,
Prud
Old 04-18-2004, 04:27   #5 (permalink)
Falcon 2.. Ferrari 0 hehe

I HATE YOU PRUD!

but i did get off my passenger restriction from VIC ROADS of all people....

i said both my parents work, and i got to pick up my 2 little brothers from school every afternoon... he went talked to the big guy
both came back, and they didnt mention it at all... not on my licence :D

XE Fairmont Ghia... Silver/Grey Met over black, soon to be v8, cant wait till i get another v8, after 3 LONG HARD YEARS

http://home.iprimus.com.au/diablo_vt/xeesp.swf
MaD_WoG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 04:39   #6 (permalink)
Previously XR8_Ute

I wrote a letter complaining about a ticket i got on holiday in Melbourne. When the due date came i hadn't heard back so i paid it. Then i got a letter about 12 months !!! later saying after considering my situation and seeing as the fine has been paid nothing will change. Bastards.....12 months....

Old 04-18-2004, 06:50   #7 (permalink)
AWAITING EMAIL CONFIRMATION

What really gives me the sh1ts is the nerve of the Victorian Government to put up speed cameras on the Westgate Bridge and then call them 'Road Safety Cameras'! The only people that ever die on the Westgate Bridge are the lunatics who jump off it! It is blatant revenue raising on a road that sees probably 50,000 cars a day.
tommyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 09:44   #8 (permalink)

all the fixed cameras are installed on high traffic volume, low accident areas - so it's clear that's what they are there for - revenue
Old 04-18-2004, 17:33   #9 (permalink)
pR()rN_*

You have to take it to court,
I'm currently taking a $216 fine and 3 demerit points punishment to court.
It's for going through a no entry sign......There is no sign!!!
I told the cop this and he said... stiff take it to court then...WANKER. So I am.
I'll be pleading guilty though but asking for a non conviction.
Old 04-19-2004, 02:03   #10 (permalink)
mmm...kilomawatts...aargh

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyd
What really gives me the sh1ts is the nerve of the Victorian Government to put up speed cameras on the Westgate Bridge and then call them 'Road Safety Cameras'! The only people that ever die on the Westgate Bridge are the lunatics who jump off it! It is blatant revenue raising on a road that sees probably 50,000 cars a day.
Yeah, the "Road Safety Cameras" thing gives me the irrates too. They've replaced "revenue" with "safety" and people blindly believe them. It's these same people who so self righteously drive in the right hand lane at 5 - 10 k's under the limit. But this is off the topic...ah well.

Falcon GT Club of Australia

FPV & XR Owner's Club of Victoria

I drive, I vote and I'll go out of my way to see you out of government Mr Bracks. You lied your way into power and you lie to keep it. Enough lies!!! You're out of here!
Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub