Ring Rd Speed Cameras (Vic) - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2002, 08:48   #1 (permalink)
DOA

eek Ring Rd Speed Cameras (Vic)

Over the past few nights Ive watch them install four camera on the western side of the Pasco Vale Rd overpass. If your traveling east bound along the ringroad, there is one for each lane facing towards you as you approach the overpass. Now up untill now there's been no cameras east of the Tullamarine Freeway on the ring road (not including the eight or so used for traffic management and accident monitoring by Vicroads).

R these the first of the planned perminate cameras to be installed.

Can anybody confirm this????????
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2002, 18:01   #2 (permalink)
gone

I noticed them yesterday., not sure if they are speed camera's but they are in the perfect location if they are.

laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2002, 19:52   #3 (permalink)
Falcon_SR_Babe

yep they are speed cameras there are also going to be put on the Princes freeway to try and stop speeding they r posed to be up and running by july
Old 06-01-2002, 00:32   #4 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

Daym.. theres a good thread on the Oz LS1 Forum about the other locations of the cameras on the ring road. Good spotting by moto for that one.

Links here --> http://www.ls1.netrider.org.au/showt...&threadid=1493
..and.. http://www.ls1.netrider.org.au/showt...&threadid=1878

Revenue raising sucks arse..
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2002, 01:51   #5 (permalink)
JEM
Future XR Owner

Isn't it amazing that even though the pollies are going to all this trouble, that the road toll is still out of control.

Wake up you pr#cks and realise that humans make mistakes no matter how fast they are driving.

If we want to reduce the road toll, how about spending the money on road design and make it a safer place?? This is where the real danger lies!

JEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2002, 01:10   #6 (permalink)
Formerly ELGhiaFury

Great, now I can add to my 17 points (yes I'm waiting for another loss of licence). Speed - it's great in all forms ;P
Roscoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2002, 05:58   #7 (permalink)
Movin!

lucky for me the old hino truck i drive to work most days to the western suburbs is strugglin at anything over 100km/hr, and especially up the hill towards that overpass, but thanx for the news anyhow.

JEM: Spot on dude, when is the government gonna realise that its not just the speed that kills, but lack of driver training & skills. It's time that the license tests were somehow altered so that new drivers a taught to DRIVE as well as know the rules, after all these days u are taught how to PASS the test...and these words came straight from my instructor's mouth!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub