Road Resurfacing - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2002, 17:09   #1 (permalink)
Ford Member

mad Road Resurfacing

What is the deal with local council/government?? Who decided that laying wet tar on the road and then pouring loose stones over the top was adequate resurfacing????? I know it probably cheap and saves them money but what about the damage from stone chips to our cars?? We buy nice cars and try to look after them and cannot even drive them on the roads without coming accross this gross form of maintenance. They thing putting up a yellow sign showing you might get windscreen damage clears them of all responsability. I'm over it!!!!
Black 220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2002, 17:30   #2 (permalink)
Dual Exhaust Warrior™

My favourite is when they re-surface a road and its nice and smooth... Then almost immediately they come back and dig holes in it and patch it up, leaving mini speed bumps everywhere???? WTF!!!?

Why not fix the underlying problem first and THEN re-surface it. That REALLY pisses me off. /Me dreams of smooth roads
Old 05-30-2002, 17:38   #3 (permalink)
Blue Blooded Ford Man

There is nothing worse then hearing the sound of those thousands of small rocks hitting your car as you drive over the road.

Bastardos!!!
Old 05-30-2002, 18:30   #4 (permalink)
Soon to become: Jake_XR6

mad

I wonder if there are any legal precedents, wherby councils have had to pay compensation for damaged vehicles ?

What's worse is when you see road resurfacing in locations where the road is still almost brand new. An insider tells me that this is common practice, since it is much easier to simply resurface a perfectly good road, rather than having to actually fix on with pot-holes etc. It's just another form of corruption.
Air Intake: T-Series, K&N Filter.
Brakes: Calipers painted red, DBA slotted rotors & Lucas pads.
Windows: Tinted.
Gearstick: Shortened.
Fuel: Dual Fuel.
Dyno: 143 rwKw (Dynodynamics - shootout mode).
Heathcote: 15.87 @ 89.1 Mph.
BLACK XR6-VCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2002, 18:41   #5 (permalink)
Officially Bored with 347

Wll Gee try living in WA happens all the time.... More to the point try the North West

Member of the "TKTDSGM " Group..
svo347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2002, 18:49   #6 (permalink)
Ford Member

In the movie falling down they had a amusing part on useless road works.. crewing up roads for no good reasons.

Its the australian way.. Build a road, then cut some holes in it to put in the pipes, then cut some more for the power and phone cables (seperate holes), then put in the cable tv cables.. Then fill in pot holes from dodgy first construction of the road.

Thats not a road, its a patchwork of mounds.

YOu would think after being able to goto the moon, fly at supersonic speeds, build computers and all that. We could do what the romans did 2000 years ago and make decent roads.
Sure there roads were a little bumpy, but they had no speed limit and lasted over 2,000 years.

On a decent roman road you could safely hit 60kmph on a horse. Yet 2000 years later we can barely go 50 kmph in a car.

You just have to drive down parramatta road to get the feeling that road construction has gone backwards from 2000 years ago..

A goat track atleast didn't break a goats feet.
IPhido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2002, 19:44   #7 (permalink)

I was coming down a mountain rd near me that normally has a 60k limit. Due to resurfacing that was done, the limit was dropped to 40k..fair enough.. Now here I was driving down just a touch over 40 listening to all these stones in my 2 week old Cv8, when some old fart in a old car( didn't see what make, was getting dark) pulled out and tried to overtake me... I was already over the 40k limit and this moron wanted to throw stones all over my new car.... needless to say he didn't get past,,, I'm glad no cops were around,, and the abs got a good workout slowing for the next corner..... Gotta luv V8's.... any make will do..... And if there's any justice he has a bad case of gravel rash now...
Devil CV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2002, 19:55   #8 (permalink)
Blue Blooded Ford Man

Good on you, I hate people like that. Your just lucky it was not a new SIII TE50. Then you would of gotten stone chips :)
Old 05-30-2002, 21:16   #9 (permalink)
newxr8

On top of shithouse road surfaces what about following some of these dump trucks that continually spew out loose stones and dirt. Also nothing worse then finding black tar spots all over the wheels or paint. Potholes as well - damaged a rim from one!
Old 05-30-2002, 21:58   #10 (permalink)
Cheerful Idiot

I still reckon NZ has it worst. One day I'll get around to taking a pic of our bonnet - no less than 3 huge dents. Not good.
Ford Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub