S.A ford cruise review. - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2002, 20:28   #1 (permalink)
Blue Blooded Ford Man

S.A ford cruise review.

The cruise started at Tea Tree Plaza at 10 with a clubman car display on in the car park at the same time.
I rocked up late and saw a nice turn out of cars, everything from original model T's, zephyers and mustangs right through to f100's, broncos and TE and TS50s. The cruise went to murray bridge with a couple of quick stops on the way for catch ups. I personally found it a little boring crawling through the Chain Of Ponds behind a elderly mustang driver but after the stop at the big rocking horse i got in behind the other XR drivers and infront of the stang so i could have a bit of fun with the other XRs through the winding hills. Just before reaching murray bridge i got a bit of a chance to blow the cobwebs out of the eb sitting well over 160 for nearly 10 minutes through some of the more flowing corner with some AU and EL xrs in hot pursuit.
One more quick stop before the final meeting spot, which was an excellent location with a huge car park so all members could park in one big line. (photos when i get my camera developed)

I would like to say well done to Tickford Car Club!

Only one member of the cruise was done speeding on the way up by laser gun, but we later found out that the officer was killed later on that day on his bike. Best wishes to his family 4 their loss :(
Apart from that, an excellent day had by me and my mates and im sure all others who participated.
Any1 else who attened have any comments on the day?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-28-2002, 21:10   #2 (permalink)
Very happy GT-P owner

As a committee member in the Tickford Car Club - SA, I thank you for your comments on behalf of the club.
We had a great time and were blown away by the response by the other clubs, we are hoping to make it a annual event.
We thank all the other Ford clubs who participated and helped make it a good day out.
Id like to thank Ashley Robinson, Anne Linnett, Max Pegeut ( I cant spell her name anyway....), and several others who organised the event.

On a sadder note, several members of the cruise have now become witnesses into the tragic death of the policeman, myself included, we are helping the police in establishing exactly what happened in the lead up to the accident.
And the Tickford Car Club - SA offers its condolences to his family at this horrible time.
www.fpvxrclub.com.au
GTP07S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2002, 02:30   #3 (permalink)
aurora

been thinking about

Joining an SA Ford owners club but since my car is not standard and not a tickford i thought against it
It would be nice to meet other AU owners here in SA
Old 05-29-2002, 05:46   #4 (permalink)
Boat Hunting ;)

yeah aurora i am the same, my car is not tickford, but its not stock, if you find a good club let me know

cheers

steve
AU2 S-pack Owner: Silhouette Black, XR6 Wheels, Tickford Sunroof, C2R rear bar, Checker Plate Floor Mats, Chrome Door Sills, Blue Backlite Dash, Blue Painted Brake Callipers, Advanced Extractors, Magnaflow High Flow Cat, 2.5" Stainless Steel Mandrel Bent Custom Exhaust, Genie Muffler. Sony Explode 50w x 4 deck, Kenwood 140w speakers (front and rear), Boss 1200 watt Amplifier, 12" Orion Sub in custom box. More To Come!!
younggun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2002, 00:07   #5 (permalink)
aurora

I'm not sure if any of the club members will like me being there as it's not a classic Ford or classic Falcon, it's not a tickford and it's not stock
Most car clubs i would believe only want genuine non modified cars. Because most of the driveline components are not Ford, they might get snotty
Old 05-30-2002, 21:03   #6 (permalink)
Very happy GT-P owner

Aurora, have you even enquired with any ford clubs in SA?

Im a member of the Tickford Car Club - SA and we have to limit membership to Tickford enhanced vehicles due to the support we get from Tickford, but Im also a member of the Falcon Car Club of SA and if you own any type of Falcon they will have you, $25 a year and they have all sorts of modified falcons. Also there is the Ford Club of SA who have almost every type of Ford there is, they aint fussy.

Jumping on FF and saying things like that mate with out doing your home work will certainly get you shot down, infact saying stuff like that could piss quite a lot of people off, make some phone calls.
www.fpvxrclub.com.au
Old 05-31-2002, 04:08   #7 (permalink)
Boat Hunting ;)

hey tezza! if you would be able to post or PM me some info of this falcon club and the stuff you get up to, that would be gr8!

cheers

steve
AU2 S-pack Owner: Silhouette Black, XR6 Wheels, Tickford Sunroof, C2R rear bar, Checker Plate Floor Mats, Chrome Door Sills, Blue Backlite Dash, Blue Painted Brake Callipers, Advanced Extractors, Magnaflow High Flow Cat, 2.5" Stainless Steel Mandrel Bent Custom Exhaust, Genie Muffler. Sony Explode 50w x 4 deck, Kenwood 140w speakers (front and rear), Boss 1200 watt Amplifier, 12" Orion Sub in custom box. More To Come!!
Old 05-31-2002, 15:25   #8 (permalink)
Very happy GT-P owner

Mate,

Falcon car Club SA is meeting at the Hackney Hotel on Monday 3 June at 7.30pm, come along and have a look.
www.fpvxrclub.com.au
Old 06-01-2002, 01:04   #9 (permalink)
aurora

Thanks for that, i certainly will.
Old 06-01-2002, 07:09   #10 (permalink)
Boat Hunting ;)

Tezza, i cant make it for a while, but i will let you know when i can! Im really keen

cheers

steve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub