Safe driving.Fordforums members. - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2004, 23:43   #1 (permalink)
Jim Mock You Rock

Safe driving.Fordforums members.

Hi all....Last Friday while driving to work a guy flew past me i an EA/B falcon at ridiculous speeds. I just had to say I was annoyed that people drive like this in peak hour when most school kids are out etc. I hope that all members of this forum do not drive like maniacs on the street and create unneccesary problems.I like my car and yes I do fang it occasionally ,but never above the speed limits and never out of controL,what is the point? Here in Sydney traffic is dense and driving like that can only get you into trouble. It is so easy to smash the car and hurt someone in the process.

I suppose I would just like to people slow down a little ,especially now that schools out and we should all be aware that the power abused is a dangerous thing....
useless is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2004, 00:00   #2 (permalink)

Re: Safe driving.Fordforums members.

Quote:
Originally Posted by useless
Hi all....Last Friday while driving to work a guy flew past me i an EA/B falcon at ridiculous speeds. I just had to say I was annoyed that people drive like this in peak hour when most school kids are out etc. I hope that all members of this forum do not drive like maniacs on the street and create unneccesary problems.I like my car and yes I do fang it occasionally ,but never above the speed limits and never out of controL,what is the point? Here in Sydney traffic is dense and driving like that can only get you into trouble. It is so easy to smash the car and hurt someone in the process.

I suppose I would just like to people slow down a little ,especially now that schools out and we should all be aware that the power abused is a dangerous thing....
HIGH PORT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 00:32   #3 (permalink)

Most will get what is coming to them. I imagine if this sort of behaviour is continued it's near impossible to not get caught or fined atleast once. If its done rarely and with no resulting accidents then I doubt anything wil ever happen to them.
Old 12-19-2004, 00:38   #4 (permalink)
BOFH

Good advice with the Xmas silly season on the roads Stav.
Drive safe people and we can all enjoy 2005.

Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 00:39   #5 (permalink)
BOFH

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGH PORT
Good to see you showing support for safe driving. NOT.

Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 00:39   #6 (permalink)
in the chopshop workshop

hey high port, if it makes ya sleepy then go somewhere else!

useles made a legit point, which comes to make me think from you reply that ur one fo these douche bags who likes to speed at the most inappropriate places.

i agree useless theres a time and place for things like that and peak hour and near schools isnt that place!
Old 12-19-2004, 00:49   #7 (permalink)
gone

Couldnt agree more useless

You make some excellent points.

Obvioiusly, way too comprehensive for High Port to manage!
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 01:23   #8 (permalink)
Jim Mock You Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by laminge
Couldnt agree more useless

You make some excellent points.

Obvioiusly, way too comprehensive for High Port to manage!
Ive got to say Laminge I really enjoy posts by intelligent people .It is sad that people try rubbish a good point on occasions, but it shows their state of mind.
I hope that our posts by virtue of example may be seen and just 1 life saved this christmas break. Id like the world to know that us fordforums members are not a bunch of perceived "hoons" but also family people with a moral obligation to behave in a civil way and hopefully lead some of the younger members here into some more responsible driving. You can enjoy your car,Im not saying we can't but it does take a realisation that we control immense power and should be responsible with it.

High port I dont know you from a bar of soap but I want you to know something....in January whilst stopped at lights I got hit by 22 tonnes of weight at a velocity of 60 kmph.(2 semis) The driver was irresponsible and was speeding.So when you go to sleep tonight imagine what it is like to look in your rear view mirror and watch it crush towards you...or worse picture a loved one in there.Now you probably know why I get a bit edgy ..
useless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 01:48   #9 (permalink)
gsw
XA GS FAIRMONT 302

useless, I totally agree with you. When I see these hoon's doing this I just want to drag them out of the car and give the the b!tch slapping they deserve. I also know how you feel when it comes to an accident because one of the hoon's hit me and my other half in their vn commy speeding through a red light. I saw it comming but could do nothing about it but brace myself and my other half. Their car was a write off as well as mine. I have alway's been a safe driver but after that my scanning for other cars has gone up 100%.
gsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 02:18   #10 (permalink)
Breastologistâ„¢

As one of these "school kids" i can say that some people seiously need to watch out for push bikes. The ammount of times i have nearly been skittled because some idiot isnt watching the road or going to fast is not funny. As a bike is my and many other people my ages main form of transport, and since it is school hols there are a lot of us around. Watch out for bikes, and dont assume that you in your car have right of way all the time.

Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub