Sales ratios - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2001, 05:36   #1 (permalink)
BA XR6T

Read Sales ratios

We've been seeing lots of posts about our ideal performance Fords here and it would be absolutely great if even half of our wishes in that area come true...

BUT - surely what Ford really need to get out of the sales doldrums is to sell lots more cars to "Mr Average" - the people who buy Fortes, wagons etc must be the bread & butter of Ford's business.

Does anyone know the ratio of performance vehicle sales to "ordinary" vehicle sales:?:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2001, 06:02   #2 (permalink)
JEM
Future XR Owner

BOBR, you're dead right, its the fortes/futuras that Ford need to be selling. I remember reading in MOTOR i think it was, that Ford were selling 200-250 XR8's a month, compare that to the 5,000 odd per month for falcon (Xr's are included in this I guess, but there's the difference). I could be wrong on that figure though, I can't exactly remember, but its not much.
JEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2001, 08:07   #3 (permalink)
Ford Member

I think that those ideal performance Fords, sucess in Motorsport,more easily acceptable styling and more+better equiptment on the models you mention might make all the difference. You are deffinatly right about them needing to sell.
DR XR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2001, 14:52   #4 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

What options do you guys think should be included on the base cars?
For mine, standard features should be air con, power steer, cruise, manual or auto and CD. All the other features like climate air, irs, abs, body kits etc, can be cost options.
If the styling of the car is accepted by the general public, you don't need to worry about all the fancy options 'cause people will want to by the cars based on it's looks and interior. Many of my friends and family have sworn they'll never buy an AU simply 'cause of it's styling. They have since proceeded to buy commodores, magnas etc based on this simple fact.
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2001, 19:26   #5 (permalink)
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog

Ford Man:
You are not totally correct. My father is a company rep. He has choice of company car (now anyhow after the camry debacle they recently had) but it has to be base. Any options must be paid for by him (except cruise control, shu-roo, lights).

So, his last choice last month came to Exec vs Forte. Commo had IRS, ABS standard. Makes a big diff on country driving high kms. He went Commo. This is a common thing believe me.

So, I know IRS is way expensive on Ford, but the bottom line is in this level of car, buyers expect basic active safety features like ABS. I cannot understand Ford and their marketing people. Surely it is better to have ABS and avoid an accident than survive one with an Airbag. Besides, in an accident with airbag, it still hurts BAD.

On the performance car thing, Holden sales went way up on V8s when they released Gen3. Ford are losing all these sales in non-XR cars because you can only get the boat anchor 175kW engine.

'General' Dog - AP's German Shepherd and Best Mate - 02Dec1998-15Dec2003.
'Pepper' Dog - General's and My Little German Shepherd Sweetie - 1996?-02Apr2006.

'Sako' Dog - My Beautiful and Pretty German Shepherd - 2001?-23Aug2006.
Aussie Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2001, 20:11   #6 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

They were just my thoughts pete. Though you have raised a very good point in the commo v forte choices. Must admit I never really thought of it like that..
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2001, 20:20   #7 (permalink)
Nacho Nacho Man!

Quote:
For mine, standard features should be air con, power steer, cruise, manual or auto and CD. All the other features like climate air, irs, abs, body kits etc, can be cost options.
Why ABS as an option, and cruise standard? Swap those, I reckon.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub