Saved by a Commordore.... - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2002, 02:45   #1 (permalink)
Serving Defect #3

Saved by a Commordore....

I couldn't beleive it, an undercover cop pulled in beside me, and started checking vehicle specs for my EF, he said my suspension specifications didn't look standard.[which of course they aren't] He was gonna do me, and defect me for being too low, until....

Some dude in a Commodore did a burnout about 5 cars away, and fishtailed through the carpark. With this the undercover cop reversed out and chased after the Commodore, and left me to leave[very quickly, I might add] in the opposite direction to the safety of my shed.

I must say..I love Commodores, and Holden drivers..tonight they saved my arse.....

Regards
fordfan351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2002, 02:49   #2 (permalink)
Rail Rider

Didn't know cops could book you for something like that. Most Police are not licenced mechanics or engineers to make such assuptions.
Old 07-21-2002, 03:39   #3 (permalink)
Now boostless :-(

Finally, a Commodore doing something good for a change!
NAPARM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2002, 04:49   #4 (permalink)
gone

Rofl

You must be a happy camper>?
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2002, 04:53   #5 (permalink)
Ex Member

Red face

my first car was about to be given a yellow sticker one night when pulled over but before they did they got called on the radio and were asked to goto an armed robbery..

Thats my gardian angel doing its work.
Old 07-21-2002, 05:56   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Quote:
Originally posted by AlbertM
Didn't know cops could book you for something like that. Most Police are not licenced mechanics or engineers to make such assuptions.
of course they can do it ... they don't have to be qualified mechanics or engineers to know if somethig is unroadworthy or not.
xacoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2002, 16:53   #7 (permalink)
Yeah .... I am here

the cops use to pull me over all the time with my old ED and wack out the measuring tape and measure guards and stuff, he threaten a defect once, but my car was just at legal height, with no one in it ofcourse ! :)
XR8fella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2002, 20:19   #8 (permalink)
Blue Blooded Ford Man

My old XD351 was way to low and to loud. I lived in a small country town, and the cops kept telling me that they were going to book me. Never did though. To much paper work, I suppose.
Old 07-21-2002, 23:24   #9 (permalink)
XD's rule

hrmm my car is a bit low with people in it, scrapes on a few speed humps around the palce :(
i have NFI about the legality of its loudness, but its fairly loud
xced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2002, 03:44   #10 (permalink)
Australian Falcon Member

heh. I've had good luck with canaries...

Just last night I was on a PSC cruise, left the Captain munchies carpark when a whole bunch of cops just flooded the carpark.. Pulled in up the road for some gas, the coppers came straight after me.. Up with the a)hood b) boot c) all the doors etc etc. They then proceed to tell me that theyre going to issue me a defect notice for two reasons, a) my vehicle is unroadworthy and b) because I was 'hanging around all those hoons'. Three coppers look at the engine, and tell me my EGR is missing. I tell them that my vehicle doesnt have to comply with ADR27, since its running on LPG. Pig number two tells me that my wheels are too wide. I open the driver's door and point out that Ford fitted 7 inch rims to the XE series. Pig number three gets the bright idea my suspension might be a bit dicky. So, he gets under the car to inspect all the suspension rubbers. Lucky for me my Nolothane has held up pretty well.

I think I did a good job not laughing at all the oil-stains on his blue-shirted back, LOL!

And to think that they could be out there stopping real criminals. Like the other PSC people going to the next leg.. I got thanked by a few Nissan owners for creating a diversion :s2:
discokin6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub