saw the BA and VY at dealers - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2002, 04:27   #1 (permalink)
Boat Hunting ;)

saw the BA and VY at dealers

we went out today and had alook at the BA falcon. this is for my mum, who happens to need a wagon for the work she does... because of this we can only have a futura or XT... wow, comming from a person who has been driving around in a fairmont wagon, this is a big step down!!

It is like going back to a horse and buggy!! I know it has electronic seats but where are things like climate control!!

from this i was devastated to say the least, my step dad (a long time holden fan) was in his eliment, he proudly suggested we go down the road and look at the commodore. So off we headed down their where we saw the SS commodore and executive, well i the ss definately looks better in the flesh, but its not flash.

Well the executive was on a similair line to the standard falcon IMO. I am a die hard ford guy though, and im not to sure if i or my mum could bring our selves to buy the holden, and i ended up getting into a dispute with the salesmen when i said we would need the V8 or else we would be getting left in the dust of grandma's in BA's... he didnt like that suggestion!!

any way thats my rant, and dont think i am a holden guy!! I have the blue blood running thick, but i think for the first time ever ford may have concentrated on power a little to much and neglected luxury in the more base models...

cheers steve

/*end winge/
AU2 S-pack Owner: Silhouette Black, XR6 Wheels, Tickford Sunroof, C2R rear bar, Checker Plate Floor Mats, Chrome Door Sills, Blue Backlite Dash, Blue Painted Brake Callipers, Advanced Extractors, Magnaflow High Flow Cat, 2.5" Stainless Steel Mandrel Bent Custom Exhaust, Genie Muffler. Sony Explode 50w x 4 deck, Kenwood 140w speakers (front and rear), Boss 1200 watt Amplifier, 12" Orion Sub in custom box. More To Come!!
younggun is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-25-2002, 05:46   #2 (permalink)

Tongue

ok, I'll take the bait. Obviously you aren't serious.

Until you likened the BA XT or futura to a horse and cart, I was still there HaHaHaHa
and condeming it for not having climate control. Who needs it?
BA base models have infinately variable fan control and very easily controllable heating. who needs the extra complexity of climate control?
To say that Ford havent provided the impression of luxury in base models is just not giving credit where it is well and truely due.

Anyway thats your opinion and thats mine
batbo6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2002, 05:52   #3 (permalink)
2nd car....XR6turbo

Sorry younggun, but i am with mbrown42 on this one.
Old 09-25-2002, 06:10   #4 (permalink)

I Dunno why Ford Dropped the Fairmont Wagon from the range.

I do see Young Guns point on this.
If you have been buying Fairmonts all your life, and then finnally learn that Ford has stopped production of the car that you set your heart on, it is a dissapointment.

I think YoungGun wasn't Running down the XT and Forte Models, he was merely Disappointed at the inability to purchase the model that he had his heart set on.

I guess though, it was a matter of time....
They stopped the Ghia Wagons around the EA-EB Models.

Now its the Fairmont Wagon Models phased out with BA....

And Finally, all Falcon Wagon models will be phased out in time....
Xyphoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2002, 14:32   #5 (permalink)
Drunk Irishman

Quote:
Originally posted by Xyphoid
I Dunno why Ford Dropped the Fairmont Wagon from the range.

I do see Young Guns point on this.
If you have been buying Fairmonts all your life, and then finnally learn that Ford has stopped production of the car that you set your heart on, it is a dissapointment.

I think YoungGun wasn't Running down the XT and Forte Models, he was merely Disappointed at the inability to purchase the model that he had his heart set on.

I guess though, it was a matter of time....
They stopped the Ghia Wagons around the EA-EB Models.

Now its the Fairmont Wagon Models phased out with BA....

And Finally, all Falcon Wagon models will be phased out in time....
Ford look at this in terms of monye back for money spent. Ford drop lines that are not viable to increase profits. They may lose a couple of hundred sales over a year but the cost for the facilities is probably higher than the revenue created.
Irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2002, 14:46   #6 (permalink)
cArSiK

i agree with younggun , this leaves a gap in their range IMO....
cArSiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub