Saw a funny looking Falcon on the way to work today - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2001, 21:34   #1 (permalink)
Aussie Falcon Enthusiast

Read Saw a funny looking Falcon on the way to work today

Was coming onto the Anzac Bridge in Sydney around 12 today and saw a funny looking Falcon. Didn't have time to stay close and get a better look but I can say that it looked remarkably like an AU but with some black tape covering various bits and it had Vic plates.

From the brief glance I got as I passed it I can say it will have an interesting front end to it and the bonnet certainly sits a much flatter right up to the front (no doubt to accomodate the taller mod motor).
anakha is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-31-2001, 21:51   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

WHERE WAS YOUR CAMERA???!!!:dead:

Oh well, next time!
puts99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2001, 22:11   #3 (permalink)

I overlook that bridge I'll keep my eyes out for it. I hope they do test drive the barra in Sydney. Especially down Paramattar Rd and Canterbury rd to fully sort out the suspension. I doubt they have shocking roads like that in Melbourne. What colour was it?
Aussie Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2001, 23:15   #4 (permalink)

I would like to put the West Coast of Tassie on the list for Xr / T series testing. There is no one on either the Burnie ,Devonport or Launceston ports looking out for strange cars so you should be safe.:s6:
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2001, 03:12   #5 (permalink)
gone

Quote:
Originally posted by HSE2
I would like to put the West Coast of Tassie on the list for Xr / T series testing. There is no one on either the Burnie ,Devonport or Launceston ports looking out for strange cars so you should be safe.:s6:
Can assure you all, the best roads for driving experience is Tasi,, theres a cross on the side of the road in St Helens that marks the spot where Laminge blew his 1st gear Box!
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2001, 05:06   #6 (permalink)
Aussie Falcon Enthusiast

Aussie Pete

It was a deep blue colour, not dissimilar to the Galaxy Blue.

I was surprised how little masking there was of the shape. Had I had more time to drive near it I could probably give a really good description. The front end certainly looked chunkier with a (I think) oval-ish black mesh grill.
anakha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2001, 06:44   #7 (permalink)
P1mp Daddy

Ive seen quite a few of these test cars around town, since i live right near Broadmedows, I usually see the occasional on the way into uni.

However they usually are much more covered up, not just black tape, but full on car bra sorta setup, front and back, with a set of vic plates in the rear window.

I remember when the ef was on the virge of release, I saw a guy in ford overalls parked in the servo getting smokes whilst i was walking to the station :) (something i dont do anymore...walk)with the ef running in the carpark... was very tempted !
bigred is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub