Saw something funny at SMS today - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2002, 02:21   #1 (permalink)

Tongue Saw something funny at SMS today

I wnet to the Motorshow this Sunday (Far too many people) and came across the Holden stand. I was looking at a presentation of the new SSX, which looked like the best Holden Vehicle there (Behind Cruze of course) Anyway, they were demo-ing the SSX and its 5-door arrangement, except the rear hatch wouldn't open. The guy doing the demo was pulling for about two minutes before other people had to help him on the carousel. In the end one guy got into the rear seat, lay on his back and pushed the hatch upwards.
Really funny to watch...
touchstone001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2002, 02:38   #2 (permalink)
Drunk Irishman

LMAO
Holden should be ashamed at not even getting the show models right. The show models is what people base their opinions on. It is just like going to look at a display home and seeing craked walls and poor paint jobs.
Irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2002, 02:52   #3 (permalink)
At the 3FB Cheese Wheel

Did you have a close look at the Honda concept car?

It had rubber trim around the rear guards hanging off and the rear door window seal was doing the same.

I think it shows a lack of professionalism. They hadn't even bothered to wipe the dirty hand prints off it.
Old 10-20-2002, 05:26   #4 (permalink)
A Fully Sick " Can't "

Now that is what gives your company and You a bad name. That is what people base their opinions on, and they dont even bother to build even ONE good car.....pffft
Would have been a cracka to see though haha
Old 10-20-2002, 17:11   #5 (permalink)
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog

AP got busted playing with the Falcon that was hanging off the side of the wall on the Ford stand. It had the roof chopped off and all nthat and all the controls were accessible to the punters. So we played with the stereo etc and it was then we realised this was a 100% real car. All the controls worked. AP turned on the headlights momentarily which brought security and one irate Ford stand person over to tell me not to rip the knob off the car.

Que? Isn't it there to sample the interior functions? That's why they had power on the car wasn't it?

Oh well, WASA and I had a laugh.....

'General' Dog - AP's German Shepherd and Best Mate - 02Dec1998-15Dec2003.
'Pepper' Dog - General's and My Little German Shepherd Sweetie - 1996?-02Apr2006.

'Sako' Dog - My Beautiful and Pretty German Shepherd - 2001?-23Aug2006.
Aussie Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2002, 19:45   #6 (permalink)
cArSiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Aussie Pete
AP got busted playing with the Falcon that was hanging off the side of the wall on the Ford stand. It had the roof chopped off and all nthat and all the controls were accessible to the punters. So we played with the stereo etc and it was then we realised this was a 100% real car. All the controls worked. AP turned on the headlights momentarily which brought security and one irate Ford stand person over to tell me not to rip the knob off the car.

Que? Isn't it there to sample the interior functions? That's why they had power on the car wasn't it?

Oh well, WASA and I had a laugh.....

HAHAHA same here AP!! I blew the horn and scared the crap out of an old man with his head next to the bonnet!!! It was quite embarrassing because EVERYONE looked!
cArSiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2002, 20:26   #7 (permalink)
How bloody Hot is it ??!!

That's ok.. You should have seen what happened when i hit the boot release... It missed this guy standing there by centimetres..... i actually have apicture of the car on the wall, but it's too big to post and i don't have the tools required on this machine..

Fal con (flk on, fl-, fkon) n.
characterized by their long wings and their method of hunting, which is to rise above and swoop down on their prey.
Chaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2002, 20:55   #8 (permalink)
I am The Brain

Re: Saw something funny at SMS today

Quote:
Originally posted by touchstone001
which looked like the best Holden Vehicle there (Behind Cruze of course)
hey touchstone, was that a sarcastic remark about the Cruze.....I certainly hope so because the Cruze is butt ugly
Old 10-20-2002, 21:06   #9 (permalink)
Ford Member

lol hahah of course he was being sarcastic...err i hope?

Yeah i think some of you people are a bit jealous of Holden and the SSX. I went to the motor show first day it opened and let me tell you...it had MASSES of people standing around it. It overshadowed the new HSV's without a doubt, maybe even the GT. Well if you watch the news you'll think the GT is a year old already! But honestly, I saw a lot more people gawking at the BA Supercar rather than the GT.

And the SSX is bound to have minor quibbles, after all, it IS a concept car. The fact that it is driveable is an achievement in itself... an AWD V8. Its a bloody good looking concept too.. The HSV's should have had that front bumper, it looks mighty fine. But then again this is a Ford forum, so you guys will pick up on anything i guess
He|mut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2002, 21:20   #10 (permalink)
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog

The SSX was a real eye opener. I loved it. But GT is a production car which you can order NOW. Not fair comparing concept cars versus production.

Good to see some others had fun with the 'wall car' on the Ford stand (AP never even thought about the boot release - what a p!$$er).

'General' Dog - AP's German Shepherd and Best Mate - 02Dec1998-15Dec2003.
'Pepper' Dog - General's and My Little German Shepherd Sweetie - 1996?-02Apr2006.

'Sako' Dog - My Beautiful and Pretty German Shepherd - 2001?-23Aug2006.
Aussie Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub